Arnold Clark Horror Stories

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

We went into Arnold Clark Volkswagen in Stirling and spotted a lovely Audi A4 S-line with only 9500 mikes for £15998,took it for a drive and it was spot on,sat down with the salesman to do a deal and was asked what would take for me to buy the car.

So I as  my asked for the 2 year service pack at £249 to be included he went to the boss who said all I would get was road tax for a year free(£155)

They lost the sale for £94

That sounds doubly fucking stupid as surely the 155 road tax is what AC have to pay but the 249 is what the end user pays and worth much less than that to AC?

18 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We went into Arnold Clark Volkswagen in Stirling and spotted a lovely Audi A4 S-line with only 9500 mikes for £15998,took it for a drive and it was spot on,sat down with the salesman to do a deal and was asked what would take for me to buy the car.

So I asked for the 2 year service pack at £249 to be included he went to the boss who said all I would get was road tax for a year free(£155)

They lost the sale for £94

They've obviously hit their targets for May, go back on Tuesday and see what happens.

26 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

That sounds doubly fucking stupid as surely the 155 road tax is what AC have to pay but the 249 is what the end user pays and worth much less than that to AC?

Indeed my mate works at Arnold Clark and gets £11.50 an hour but they charge £129 an hour labour.

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

Indeed my mate works at Arnold Clark and gets £11.50 an hour but they charge £129 an hour labour.

He must be shite at what he does then. I've had plenty dealings business wise with Arnold Clark and their employees and the fully qualified folk I've dealt with usually get the going rate, which is a fair bit more than £11.50 an hour.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

He must be shite at what he does then. I've had plenty dealings business wise with Arnold Clark and their employees and the fully qualified folk I've dealt with usually get the going rate, which is a fair bit more than £11.50 an hour.

I bet he really likes you as well,he is a mechanic and that is all they get when they come through the apprentice scheme he is now time served,

6 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I bet he really likes you as well,he is a mechanic and that is all they get when they come through the apprentice scheme he is now time served,

As I said, he isn't very good at his job.

At least he's been kept on, plenty haven't. 

I drive a company car, serviced by Arnold Clark VW in Stirling. This is my third, all serviced by them and the cars are leased from VW. At every single service they replace a windscreen wiper blade - or at least they bill for one. What's the chances of that? I wonder if they add it to every car that's serviced. Not a lot individually but if they service 50 cars a week... 

ETA - I had a puncture and had to use the puncture inflation kit, including the aerosol goo. So I got them to replace the can - £49.99! A can of tyreweld from Screwfix round the corner is £6.99 

Edited by Newbornbairn

• 7 months later...

I bought my car from Arnold Clark 3 years ago. The service has genuinely been class and so I must just be incredibly fortunate given the multitude of issues across this thread.

They chucked in a free servicing plan & MOT for me, deposit contribution & a ridiculously good sum for my old car. Every service has been spot on and they recently fixed a couple of minor issues for me under warranty (also picked my car up across the city for free and dropped it off after). They are also offering me a good deal on a new car in a few months. Every employee I’ve met or dealt with has been dead sound.

Can’t complain at all. Keep it up Arnold.

2 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I bought my car from Arnold Clark 3 years ago. The service has genuinely been class and so I must just be incredibly fortunate given the multitude of issues across this thread.

They chucked in a free servicing plan & MOT for me, deposit contribution & a ridiculously good sum for my old car. Every service has been spot on and they recently fixed a couple of minor issues for me under warranty (also picked my car up across the city for free and dropped it off after). They are also offering me a good deal on a new car in a few months. Every employee I’ve met or dealt with has been dead sound.

Son of Arnold found

*This ad is brought to you by Arnold Clark

I would never buy a car from them again but I certainly got a good deal when I sold one.  They're miles better than those We Buy Any Car wankers. 

Yes, I know I'd get more selling it privately but who the fuck has the time or can be bothered doing that these days?