Arnold Clark Horror Stories

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

And just for clarity everyone's requirements are different which is why there are many ways to be in possession of a vehicle.

I assume the lease market has picked up on peoples need to keep up with the jonesys and have a new car constantly.

Renting a car constantly so you can show off your new plate to the neighbours and friends is certainly not a smart idea or 1 that I will be getting talked into.

If you need that kind of approval In your life from others then carry on. I'm not that needy myself.

My own personal vehicle is 12 years old and I plan to see another decade with it.

I have just this very week managed to write my car off,we have bought 6 cars off Arnold Clark in the last 8 years with no problems.But as my wonderful daughter last year fucked off and abandoned her kids we cannot afford a new car so had to go and buy a runner for £1200 today.On the bonus side my wife is driving it and I get her 67 plate Tucson8)

4 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I have just this very week managed to write my car off,we have bought 6 cars off Arnold Clark in the last 8 years with no problems.But as my wonderful daughter last year fucked off and abandoned her kids we cannot afford a new car so had to go and buy a runner for £1200 today.On the bonus side my wife is driving it and I get her 67 plate Tucson8)

That is a lot going on in 1 small post.

How did you write off a car?

What happened with your daughter?

Are you as grandparents now responsible for the kids?

How is the Tucson?

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

That is a lot going on in 1 small post.

How did you write off a car?

What happened with your daughter?

Are you as grandparents now responsible for the kids?

How is the Tucson?

Swerved to avoid an animal(fox) on Monday and hit a fence and a post

She is a self centred little cow who decided she didn't want to be a mum anymore

We have Kinship of the kids and going for residency, the social work are backing us and paying our legal costs up to £6k

The Tucson is an excellent car.

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

Swerved to avoid an animal(fox) on Monday and hit a fence and a post

She is a self centred little cow who decided she didn't want to be a mum anymore

We have Kinship of the kids and going for residency, the social work are backing us and paying our legal costs up to £6k

The Tucson is an excellent car.

Not without your problems big fella.

Good luck with the grandkids.

When I started this topic 9 years ago, I didn’t expect it to be still running today.
BTW that’s a brilliant post, never a dull moment in your house[emoji23]

Having seen your posts on parenting thread, you a doing a sterling job.
With the runner, I ended up doing similar when my civic went a wee bit rusty and for cost of fixing I got an 08 grand scenic roughly same price. Thing has been magic since. diesel is cheaper than petrol here and getting about 60 miles a gallon. Lot to be said for a cheap runner

• 5 weeks later...

Been waiting since the 14th of October for repairs through the insurance.

Initially they said 14th, I asked for the 15th due to work, call late on the 15th to ask to make it the 17th which was then changed to the 18th shortly after.  Drove through to Stirling (not the furthest drive) get there and no courtesy car is ready and still have a backlog of works.

Insurance been made aware but still no date given, thankfully the car is still in event nick to drive.

Decided to remove the Arnold Clark sticker from the back window. Took ages, even now they’re still finding ways to annoy me.
:lol:

Ffs M90.

Job #1 when you get the car is to remove the sticker!

Job #2 is to remove yourself from the marketing/‘keep in touch’ updates.

22 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Ffs M90.

Job #1 when you get the car is to remove the sticker!

Job #2 is to remove yourself from the marketing/‘keep in touch’ updates.

Regarding #2.

Had a phonecall from them about updating my car and I kid you not when I told them I had only done 10k in two years he said “ duck sake he’s only done 10k” to his colleague.
A true touch of class. Impeccable.

Edited by D.A.F.C

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Regarding #2.

Had a phonecall from them about updating my car and I kid you not when I told them I had only done 10k in two years he said “ duck sake he’s only done 10k” to his colleague.
A true touch of class. Impeccable.

Did he actually say duck or did he use a swearier option? 

Are you sure his colleague's nickname wasn't duck sake?

• 2 weeks later...

So i’ve bought a few cars over the years from Arnold Clark and never been bothered by the slippery sales approach, but last week had an experience that means i’ll never buy one of their cars again. Went to buy a bmw 5 series hybrid from their irvine branch and was told it does 30 miles on electric power only, this was ideal for me as my commute was 15 miles and I could charge at work, got what I thought was a decent deal on a car with 4k miles that had been used by managers/demos etc. Did the deal trading in my old car and took the bmw home, on the way home the tyre lights came on and it was apparent despite their 100 point check on used cars that checking air pressure isn’t one of those checks as one of the tyres was dangerously low. Topped up the air and got home, charged the car overnight and went to go a drive the next day to find the door handle not working and when I started the car (charged for 10 hours) the electric engine was exhausted to 0% 1 mile from my house, took the car back to them under the consumer rights act and got my old car back. Two days after I get my car back the car goes into limp home mode and needed repairs, this included two clips on the accelerator which were magically unclipped. The b*****ds didnt bother to register my car back and have kept it ‘in trade’ so i’ve been driving about an unregistered car, making my insurance null and void, was told at the branch that my car hadn’t been put in trade and that I could just get my old v5 back.
So in short i’d never buy from the b*****ds again and considering my legal options.

• 4 months later...

So the steering rack on my mondeo has packed in. RAC guy who’s ex AC said as I’ve had it less than six months they should pay the repair.

Chances of this

a) small

b) tiny 

c) hahahahhahahahahahhahahahah