Tattoo

People who claim to have had tattoos done whilst drunk are either lying, or visited a tattooist with very low morals. It's usually the former - any tattooist worth his or her salt wouldn't go near anyone drunk. They don't need the money for one thing.

I'd suggest it's probably more likely to be the latter. There are plenty of chancers out there who'll willingly rip into any old pisshead's flesh for £20.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i remember when nathan hendersons big brother fraser got a tatoo and he got in a fight the next day,not cos of the tatoo, but about another unrelated thing but the guy punched it. the ink burst and it looked shit,nothin he could do about it either exept have a shit tatoo. just sayin be sure to stay out trouble when u get 1 m8

Fraser who?

I may be wrong but I'd take a guess at Fraser Henderson

I did this as well when I was at uni but I was walking across playing fields in the dark and put my foot in a rabbit burrow. I also remember hearing something pop and after landing on the ground hesitated for a second then screamed like a banshee as the pain hit.

Even though I was only about 100 yards from my flat I rang my flat mate and told him to bring his car across to get me. A visit to A&E the next day confirmed it was the ligaments that had been damaged.

The worse of it was that the ankle this happened to is still weak. For about a year after this it'd buckle without warning and I remember one occassion when I was walking to a bus stop and it went. I ended up on the deck in tears moaning and rubbing my ankle and this other student just walked right past me without saying anything. :angry:

On the subject of tattoos though I'm still looking for a decent animal artist in the central belt.

Tearing your ankle ligaments is about an 8/10 on the pain threshold. It happened to me last monday, for the 3rd time in about the last 5 years and trust me, it's not in any way shape or form pleasant.

Went right over on it taking a bin out (no seriously!) and hit the deck, felt 3 distinct 'pops' in my ankle and knew right away what it was. The 10 minutes or so immediately following it are a mixture of you on the verge of chalkying, gasping for air and trying to walk. Then the initial pain eventually subsides and the swelling lulls you into a false sense of security to the extent that you can actually walk around for the rest of the day on it with nothing more than moderate discomfort. Later you take your shoes and socks off, see the swelling, go to bed and when you wake up the next morning, trust me, you're shimmying downstairs on your arse rather than putting anything like weight on it.

That was a week ago, the bruising has just went down and my ankle still hurts and it's slightly mis-shapen. I want to get back to the gym as well but I'm gonna have to rest it a few weeks yet before I even think about it, then watch myself big time.

1-10 how much pain is involved?

Going to get it on my upper arm about the length of a tshirt sleeve.

According to my ex who has tatto's just about everywhere you can imagine, the pain varies depending on which area of the body you are getting it on But from what i understand the arm is one of the less painful area's

I concur with this. I did it in Banff last November getting off the bus the Friday before our Scottish Cup tie. I think it's fair to say I'd had a few beers, obviously.

The ankle was completely swollen, and I could only just ease my trainer on without tying the laces. The rest of the weekend was spent grimacing, avoiding walking anywhere (walking in Banff is a necessity)and pretending to drink and have a laugh when really I just wanted home to bed. I even had to leave the football twenty minutes early and missed the only goal of the game because I couldn't stand on the ankle any longer.

Definitely 8/10, maybe even 9. See home video below V V V V

peter_griffin.gif

Maybe, if Peter Griffin was handsome and had a smashing big cock.

At least 1 lie, I'll judge by Ayrgirls smile/scowl which 1.

Of the ones I've had...

Upper arm - 2/10

Wrist - 2.5/10

Lower arm - 3/10

Lower leg - 4/10

And for comparison...

Toe Nail removed without anasthaetic - 6/10

The four jags for getting a toe nail removed - 8/10

Encephalitis 10/10

Watching The Ruins - 11/10

• 2 months later...

Depends on where you get one really. My ribs were terrible pain was up to a 9/10. But I just got my forearm done and it was at about a 3/10.

Top of the arm should be about the same (3/10). If you go in expecting it to hurt its going to fuckin' hurt, so go in with an open mind and decide for yourself. Oh and the outline is usually the least painful, when it starts to get coloured in I feel it kicks up a notch.

What ye gettin' done?

See, I was the opposite, I found the outline sorer than the colouring. I'd have given the outline a pain 5/10, cutting yourself with glass, and the colouring 2/10, getting poked in the eye.

Going to book my second tattoo today, getting lyrics running from the inside of my wrist, thumb-side, up to the joint of my arm.

See, I was the opposite, I found the outline sorer than the colouring. I'd have given the outline a pain 5/10, cutting yourself with glass, and the colouring 2/10, getting poked in the eye.

Going to book my second tattoo today, getting lyrics running from the inside of my wrist, thumb-side, up to the joint of my arm.

How wonderfully original.

mmm, i'm with 11thHour on this one, I've found the shading to be slightly more painful than the outline. Although I think after about 10mins I settle to the pain and don't really feel it as much.

to add to the thread though...

Upper arm - 3/10 outline 4/10 shading

• 2 weeks later...

Archived