Tattoo

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-10 how much pain is involved?

Going to get it on my upper arm about the length of a tshirt sleeve.

I'd say roughly 3/10, and I'm a girl. I wouldn't say it was painless, but it was more of a discomfort than actual pain, especially since mines was near a bone. The vibrations on my hip were the most uncomfortable thing, the rest just felt scratchy.

I agree with the addiction thing, if they weren't so bloody expensive I'd probably have a million by now.

i remember when nathan hendersons big brother fraser got a tatoo and he got in a fight the next day,not cos of the tatoo, but about another unrelated thing but the guy punched it. the ink burst and it looked shit,nothin he could do about it either exept have a shit tatoo. just sayin be sure to stay out trouble when u get 1 m8

i remember when nathan hendersons big brother fraser got a tatoo and he got in a fight the next day,not cos of the tatoo, but about another unrelated thing but the guy punched it. the ink burst and it looked shit,nothin he could do about it either exept have a shit tatoo. just sayin be sure to stay out trouble when u get 1 m8

That was painful to read.

So painful that it must be touching 8/10.

Tearing your ankle ligaments is about an 8/10 on the pain threshold. It happened to me last monday, for the 3rd time in about the last 5 years and trust me, it's not in any way shape or form pleasant.

Went right over on it taking a bin out (no seriously!) and hit the deck, felt 3 distinct 'pops' in my ankle and knew right away what it was. The 10 minutes or so immediately following it are a mixture of you on the verge of chalkying, gasping for air and trying to walk. Then the initial pain eventually subsides and the swelling lulls you into a false sense of security to the extent that you can actually walk around for the rest of the day on it with nothing more than moderate discomfort. Later you take your shoes and socks off, see the swelling, go to bed and when you wake up the next morning, trust me, you're shimmying downstairs on your arse rather than putting anything like weight on it.

That was a week ago, the bruising has just went down and my ankle still hurts and it's slightly mis-shapen. I want to get back to the gym as well but I'm gonna have to rest it a few weeks yet before I even think about it, then watch myself big time.

Fraser who?

Tearing your ankle ligaments is about an 8/10 on the pain threshold. It happened to me last monday, for the 3rd time in about the last 5 years and trust me, it's not in any way shape or form pleasant.

Done that twice now and I'm still a youngster. :lol:

The second time was 5 weeks ago and I ended up in hospital with a virus the following week. I ended up with a Lumbar puncture with an anesthetic and, because they thought the infection might be coming from the ankle not healing, an ankle aspiration from inside the joint without anesthetic.

People talk about lumbar punctures but the ankle aspiration was off the fucking scale, after worrying about the pain involved with tattoo's i'm getting one in 2 weeks. It can be nowhere as bad. I hope. :unsure:

I'd say somewhere in the region of 85% of tattoos are utter fucking abortions. That's because, as has been ably demonstrated in this thread, certain people think nothing of staggering drunkenly into any old "Digger's Tattoo Parlour" and picking a hideous turd of a design from a badly laminated book because it looks "alright 'n' that". Morons, basically.

Handily, these jagged, multicoloured scars act as a handy idiot marker for the rest of us. "Steer clear of this man!" they scream, in muddled tribal tones. "He's a complete fucking rocket!"

Duly noted.

tribal-tattoo-03.jpg

Meanwhile, Polish goalkeeping legend Jan Tomaszewski has branded Celts keeper Artur Boruc a “madman” for getting a monkey’s backside tattoo with Rangers branded

on it.

Tomaszewski said: “Artur Boruc is behaving like a madman. He probably does not realise that this is a serious matter. It will provoke the Rangers fans to hate him even more.

“The way Artur behaves in relation to the Rangers fans tempts fate. I can’t see why he felt the need to get this tattoo.

“I hope that Celtic tell him to get rid of it as soon as possible.”

Went right over on it taking a bin out (no seriously!) and hit the deck, felt 3 distinct 'pops' in my ankle and knew right away what it was. The 10 minutes or so immediately following it are a mixture of you on the verge of chalkying, gasping for air and trying to walk. Then the initial pain eventually subsides and the swelling lulls you into a false sense of security to the extent that you can actually walk around for the rest of the day on it with nothing more than moderate discomfort. Later you take your shoes and socks off, see the swelling, go to bed and when you wake up the next morning, trust me, you're shimmying downstairs on your arse rather than putting anything like weight on it.

That was a week ago, the bruising has just went down and my ankle still hurts and it's slightly mis-shapen. I want to get back to the gym as well but I'm gonna have to rest it a few weeks yet before I even think about it, then watch myself big time.

I concur with this. I did it in Banff last November getting off the bus the Friday before our Scottish Cup tie. I think it's fair to say I'd had a few beers, obviously.

It is without a doubt the worst pain I've ever experienced, with the possible exception of dislocating my knee once. The ankle was completely swollen, and I could only just ease my trainer on without tying the laces. The rest of the weekend was spent grimacing, avoiding walking anywhere (walking in Banff is a necessity)and pretending to drink and have a laugh when really I just wanted home to bed. I even had to leave the football twenty minutes early and missed the only goal of the game because I couldn't stand on the ankle any longer.

Definitely 8/10, maybe even 9.

I concur with this. I did it in Banff last November getting off the bus the Friday before our Scottish Cup tie. I think it's fair to say I'd had a few beers, obviously.

It is without a doubt the worst pain I've ever experienced, with the possible exception of dislocating my knee once. The ankle was completely swollen, and I could only just ease my trainer on without tying the laces. The rest of the weekend was spent grimacing, avoiding walking anywhere (walking in Banff is a necessity)and pretending to drink and have a laugh when really I just wanted home to bed. I even had to leave the football twenty minutes early and missed the only goal of the game because I couldn't stand on the ankle any longer.

Definitely 8/10, maybe even 9.

No difference really.:D

People who claim to have had tattoos done whilst drunk are either lying, or visited a tattooist with very low morals. It's usually the former - any tattooist worth his or her salt wouldn't go near anyone drunk. They don't need the money for one thing.

People who claim to have had tattoos done whilst drunk are either lying, or visited a tattooist with very low morals. It's usually the former - any tattooist worth his or her salt wouldn't go near anyone drunk. They don't need the money for one thing.

You're leaving a lot of scope for error there. For example, my fiancee got her first tatto when we were on holiday in Cyprus in '05 at an all night tattooist downstairs from a nightclub and she'd been drinking all night when she went to get it done.

Of course, I assume you're talking only about UK tattoo artists but there's still plenty out there who take drunks, I guarantee it.

I weren't drunk but I think my tattooist was.

Archived