Tattoo

I'd say getting a ball kicked right onto your helmet is worse. My whole shabang went yellow for about 45 minutes. It was by far the worst thing to ever happen in my life

The worst bit about that is the pain that radiates up into your abdomen straight afterwards.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say getting a ball kicked right onto your helmet is worse. My whole shabang went yellow for about 45 minutes. It was by far the worst thing to ever happen in my life

You know when you start a game of fives and someone says "baws oot", it doesn't mean show us your meat and two veg, right?

I've one on my back and one on the inside of each forearm from the crook of my elbow to the wrist.

The one on the back was a piece of piss and it was only painful on the arms when it was right at the wrist.

Overall its not actually a stabbing pain you get, more a hot scratching sensation.

Worryingly addictive tbh.

I've been told by different tattoo artists that how fleshy the area is doesn't affect how painful it will.be. It's more to do with how many nerve endings there are in the particular area.

Never having had my fat arse done, I can neither confirm or deny this theory.

Overall though 3.5/10

It was going off pain i've experienced myself. I've never been kicked in the cum keepers. I'd probably also rather stand on a plug then shatter my leg but i've never done the latter either.

Yeah you rated standing on a plug a 10. That's ok. But Swarley then rated getting kicked in the stones a 8.

I've been told by different tattoo artists that how fleshy the area is doesn't affect how painful it will.be. It's more to do with how many nerve endings there are in the particular area.

Overall though 3.5/10

Correct. And I gather this is different for everyone, so asking how much does a tattoo hurt on such and such a place isn't really reliable. I would say this though, for me the ones that hurt the most was on my forearm and my shoulder. But the pain was more akin to putting your arm into a whole pile of nettles. It does hurt, but after awhile you forget about it. 3.5/10 would be a good average, I'd suggest.

going in for a challenge and twatting the boney bit of the inside of your knee off the same bit of the other guy has to get in too, i'd say around 5/6. It's clear that this scale needs a lot of work and further catagorising.

for instance, a dunt in the stanes occupies it's own scale in the 'normal pain of a hit to any part of the body, then the pause followed by the slow rising ever intensifiying pain' catagory. There just isn't anything else that gives that kind of pain.

standing on a plug is in the 'lots of swear words, closest wall/door/person/animal is getting hit' catagory along with standing on anything wee and jaggy.

tattoos need to go in beside other needle pains such as blood tests, dentist injections and acupuncture.

7/10 is the cold wet winter day at school when you get one of those dimpled orange Mitre balls battered off your upper thigh.

Inside upper thigh for maximum effect.

Edit- The mitre mouldmaster must also be covered in red ash.

I'll still go with "tadger caught in zip" as a 10/10.

It's not a silly wee 2 or 3 minute sting, it's an affronting 10 minute "help me please, anyone please...stop this pain" gowper. Circumcision by brass slidey thing is not recommended. Gaun the Levi 501 buttons...much safer.

Oh and the outline is usually the least painful, when it starts to get coloured in I feel it kicks up a notch.

I agree. I thought the outline wasn't painful but as soon as the colour went on it was much more uncomfortable. Probably due to the fact 2 hours had gone by and the position I was lying in wasn't the comfiest.

My tattoo is on my thigh and I'd say it was about 3/10 for pain.

It depends really. I got one on my thigh pissed years ago, would rate it about a 3/10. One on each shoulder blade, one which I was sober 5.5/10 and the other at 10am after a night at the arches so I didn't really know what day of the week it was let alone what pain was. The last one is down my spine which was the last day of a 2 week holiday in ibiza, mix a 2 week hangover/comedown with the pain and we have an 8.5. What made the last one worse was that my spine was rattling as the needle was going in and out which resulted in a truly horrible feeling. Chances are you'll want more as soon as you've got the first one

Oh and people who claim tattoos don't hurt in the slightest are liars

7/10 is the cold wet winter day at school when you get one of those dimpled orange Mitre balls battered off your upper thigh.

ah, pain belonging in the "closes your throat" category.

Ooh, I was going to say that!

Mitre Mouldmasters on blaize pitches. And folk wonder why we're shite at fitba!

It was going off pain i've experienced myself. I've never been kicked in the cum keepers. I'd probably also rather stand on a plug then shatter my leg but i've never done the latter either.

Never?!

Anyone who says standing on a plug is worse than getting kicked in the chuckies clearly hasn't been booted in the baws by anyone other than a big pansy.

Getting kicked, or even worse, punched, in the balls is the worst pain I can think of. Add to the rising agaony the fact that you catch your breath, get a hot flush and feel like your going to faint and vomit at the same time. And it takes ages to subside.

I've one on my back and one on the inside of each forearm from the crook of my elbow to the wrist.

The one on the back was a piece of piss and it was only painful on the arms when it was right at the wrist.

Overall its not actually a stabbing pain you get, more a hot scratching sensation.

Worryingly addictive tbh.

Overall though 3.5/10

This is spot on. All my tattoos were as you describe.

Oh! I just thought of another for the pain category chart; getting skelped on the sticky-out ankle bone with a hockey stick on a cold day whilst playing boys hockey on a gravel pitch. sad.gif

I fucking hated school hockey.

For anyone stupid enough to deface themselves with ink that they will undoubtedly want rid of when they're older, consider instead coming and seeing me, where I will boot your baws for a tenner. Cheaper, more painful and doesn't require a lazer to remove afterwards. :P

For anyone stupid enough to deface themselves with ink that they will undoubtedly want rid of when they're older, consider instead coming and seeing me, where I will boot your baws for a tenner. Cheaper, more painful and doesn't require a lazer to remove afterwards. tongue.gif

You wouldn't understand tat's, Freudy, it's a young man's game wink.gif

Not just about love and hate on the knuckles anymore tongue.gif

Archived