Tattoo

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-10 how much pain is involved?

Going to get it on my upper arm about the length of a tshirt sleeve.

You will cry like a girl!!!

Scaling it from a paper cut (1/10) to standing on a plug (10/10) i'd have it down at around 4/10.

I had mine done across the top of my back. It was at worse the pain of an injection in the gum at the dentist when it went across my spine and shoulder blades. I'm a skinny fucker though so I guess if you've a bit of meat on you it might be less painful for you so you should be alright.

Scaling it from a paper cut (1/10) to standing on a plug (10/10) i'd have it down at around 4/10.

That is an excellent scale and should be adopted globally. When I had my tattoo I would say the pain started at 8/10 (kicked in the nuts) but once you get used to it, down to 5/10 (catching the side of the bed with your leg)

Depends on where you get one really. My ribs were terrible pain was up to a 9/10. But I just got my forearm done and it was at about a 3/10.

Top of the arm should be about the same (3/10). If you go in expecting it to hurt its going to fuckin' hurt, so go in with an open mind and decide for yourself. Oh and the outline is usually the least painful, when it starts to get coloured in I feel it kicks up a notch.

What ye gettin' done?

That is an excellent scale and should be adopted globally. When I had my tattoo I would say the pain started at 8/10 (kicked in the nuts) but once you get used to it, down to 5/10 (catching the side of the bed with your leg)

I'm pretty sure I would rather stand on a plug than take a kick in the bollocks. Just my opinion though.

I'm pretty sure I would rather stand on a plug than take a kick in the bollocks. Just my opinion though.

It was going off pain i've experienced myself. I've never been kicked in the cum keepers. I'd probably also rather stand on a plug then shatter my leg but i've never done the latter either.

Anywhere near a bone is going to hurt. Anywhere else shouldn't be too bad up until the two hour mark, at which point everything starts to niggle that wee bit more.

1/10 - Paper cut

2/10 - Tattoo upper arm

3/10 - Removing skelf/tattoo upper arm

4/10 - Tattoo upper arm

5/10 - Catching side of bed with leg

6/10 - No rating yet

7/10 - No rating yet

8/10 - Kicked in the nuts

9/10 - Tattoo on ribcage

10/10 - Standing on a plug

As an ad hoc measurement of masculine pain thresholds, the lassies will be pishing their knickers laughing at that!

If anything yet another thread on tattoo's has done, it's given the girls a giggle!ph34r.gif

A pain that fell just short of the plug was catching a key a mate chucked at me that he'd been burning with a lighter for ages. It stuck to my hand it was that hot. It was painful for a bit longer then plug pain but not quite the instant ARGHGHHHH factor when the prongs dig in. That could be 7 or 8 out of 10 pain.

1/10 - Paper cut

2/10 - Tattoo upper arm

3/10 - Removing skelf/tattoo upper arm

4/10 - Tattoo upper arm

5/10 - Catching side of bed with leg

6/10 - No rating yet

7/10 - No rating yet

8/10 - Kicked in the nuts

9/10 - Tattoo on ribcage

10/10 - Standing on a plug

As an ad hoc measurement of masculine pain thresholds, the lassies will be pishing their knickers laughing at that!

If anything yet another thread on tattoo's has done, it's given the girls a giggle!ph34r.gif

Direct free kick straight to the face has got to be up the 6/10 area. Or maybe giving birth? They would be about equivalent I would have thought.

Anyone who says standing on a plug is worse than getting kicked in the chuckies clearly hasn't been booted in the baws by anyone other than a big pansy.

I'd say getting a ball kicked right onto your helmet is worse. My whole shabang went yellow for about 45 minutes. It was by far the worst thing to ever happen in my life

Archived