New manager at New Abbey?

Have heard that Abbey Vale are on the lookout for a new manager. Do you think anybody would be interested in taking charge?

Wouldn't be the worst job to take on. Whoever takes it will have a very good committee behind them.

Have heard that Abbey Vale are on the lookout for a new manager. Do you think anybody would be interested in taking charge?

I would have thought that it would be quite a good oportunity for somebody. I always thought that with a bit of good coaching the players down there should be capable of doing much better.

Do you know if anyone has applied? Or do the committee have someone eye up for the job? It would certainly be a good job for someone, because they are a well run club.

• 2 weeks later...

Why dont you do it Davie?wink.gif

I think Abbey Vale will struggle to get someone decent in unless there is money available to strengthen the team. They are a well run club with decent facilities but lower to mid-table is the best they can do in that league the way things are which is a shame.

Why dont you do it Davie?wink.gif

I think Abbey Vale will struggle to get someone decent in unless there is money available to strengthen the team. They are a well run club with decent facilities but lower to mid-table is the best they can do in that league the way things are which is a shame.

Paul menlove has been offered the job

I heard recently they had offered it to someone before the end of last season and the person asked for sometime to consider his options, but couldn't commit enough time to do the job properly. Does anyone know who it was?

Who ever does it will have a good committee to support them.

Heard on the grapevine that there is a new manager in place and he will be taking charge of pre season training next sat. Is this not a wee bit early to be starting pre season trainin?????? The managers name is keith brown he was in charge of the normandy sunday am team last season. Dont really see how this is going to help abbey vale for the season ahead as dont think he has much south experience will be intresting to see what players he can bring into the team as there a rumors a plenty that the majority of the vale team from last year are going to play else where next season. And if thats the case who is he going to replace them with. Anyone from abbey vale care to comment on these rumors and to let us know what sort of squad you will have next season as ive been informed you havent any of last season squad signed up yet and what sort of players you are looking at to improve the team.

Heard on the grapevine that there is a new manager in place and he will be taking charge of pre season training next sat. Is this not a wee bit early to be starting pre season trainin?????? The managers name is keith brown he was in charge of the normandy sunday am team last season. Dont really see how this is going to help abbey vale for the season ahead as dont think he has much south experience will be intresting to see what players he can bring into the team as there a rumors a plenty that the majority of the vale team from last year are going to play else where next season. And if thats the case who is he going to replace them with. Anyone from abbey vale care to comment on these rumors and to let us know what sort of squad you will have next season as ive been informed you havent any of last season squad signed up yet and what sort of players you are looking at to improve the team.

I think you may be wrong here. He has got south experience, just not for a while. I think only one players signed for another team so far anyway, so he's got a chance of gettting them signed up. First thing he'll need to do is speak to current players, and explain what his plans etc are for the club.

Why did you not put in for the job Gary? cool.gif

Why did you not put in for the job Gary? cool.gif

I didnt put in for the job cause i didnt want it. Thanks for the mention though. Even though you seem to think im south spy?????? My user name has always been VALE LEGEND. And b4 you say it ive not got another user name. I do know south spy though and i will pass on your best wishes when i see him over the weekend. Im sure he will be chuffed to bits to hear you thought he was me. tongue.gif

I think you may be wrong here. He has got south experience, just not for a while. I think only one players signed for another team so far anyway, so he's got a chance of gettting them signed up. First thing he'll need to do is speak to current players, and explain what his plans etc are for the club.

Alright pal. Who the player thats signed for some one else ?. havent heard from any of the players for a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Stencil new Vale manager, Garry Smith and Kettle assistants. Confirmed on club website.

This is a bit of a gamble is it not? not much experience as being manager between the three of them, i think stencil might do alright but as for the other two?

Have they managed to keep rest of players from lst season apart from the two mentioned in other posts that have signed with crichton?

This is a bit of a gamble is it not? not much experience as being manager between the three of them, i think stencil might do alright but as for the other two?

Have they managed to keep rest of players from lst season apart from the two mentioned in other posts that have signed with crichton?

Don't think that Garry and Kettle are a gamble at all. Garry has been around the south for a long time and has a helluva lot of experience. He can come across as a crabbit so and so on the park but I'd say that's because he's a winner and he's a good talker who organises well and I wouldn't have any concerns over his abilities to do a good job as part of the new management team at Abbey Vale. Kettle's a bit of a student of the game and in the time he was at Saints, he took a keen interest in training methods (particularly goalkeeping) and has a lot to offer so it's a combination that in my opinion, will do a good job. Couple of decent lads so I hope they get on ok, although obviously that sentiment doesn't apply to games involving Saints!

Don't think that Garry and Kettle are a gamble at all. Garry has been around the south for a long time and has a helluva lot of experience. He can come across as a crabbit so and so on the park but I'd say that's because he's a winner and he's a good talker who organises well and I wouldn't have any concerns over his abilities to do a good job as part of the new management team at Abbey Vale. Kettle's a bit of a student of the game and in the time he was at Saints, he took a keen interest in training methods (particularly goalkeeping) and has a lot to offer so it's a combination that in my opinion, will do a good job. Couple of decent lads so I hope they get on ok, although obviously that sentiment doesn't apply to games involving Saints!

I agree. All the best lads, although i still hope we pump you's. biggrin.gif

• 5 years later...

Archived