Best Android Apps

Sorry,that wasn't very clear.

Fixtures are displayed the day the games take place.

You can set a notification on a game you are interested in.

There are many leagues (Including ALL Scottish Lower Leagues)

Im pretty sure I tried Soccer Livescores. IIRC I wasnt all that impressed by it either. Maybe I'll give it another try

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the HTC Legend today and charging it now so this thread is the baws. Wavesecure, taskiller, google goggles & that soccer score centre one all look good.

Honestly, i'm like a kid in a sweet shop with this phone - leaving the shitty Samsung behind (hi ebay!)

Good work people. Let's keep this bumped :)

Just got the HTC Legend today and charging it now so this thread is the baws. Wavesecure, taskiller, google goggles & that soccer score centre one all look good.

Honestly, i'm like a kid in a sweet shop with this phone - leaving the shitty Samsung behind (hi ebay!)

Good work people. Let's keep this bumped :)

Im just waiting for the firmware upgrade for the Hero that has Android 2.1 - due next week :)

Im just waiting for the firmware upgrade for the Hero that has Android 2.1 - due next week :)

Then you'll be wanting Google Goggles. I had a bitch of a time trying to find this - Android Market for some reason wasn't displaying it from my Legend but after a bit of searching found THIS

You can either navigate to the page from your mobile or copy and paste the link into an email and open the link from the email on your phone.

Remember to tick the "allow install of non-market applications" section in the Applications menu

Other downloads so far include-

MixZing - a media player FAR better than the host one on my phone.

Advanced Task Killer - you all know about this one

Bluetooth OnOff - a widget for the home screen that negates the need to switch Bluetooth on and off from inside the settings (just press the widget)

I've also upgraded Google Maps to version 4.1.1 which includes street view amongst others.

Absolutely loving this phone BTW :thumsup2

Then you'll be wanting Google Goggles. I had a bitch of a time trying to find this - Android Market for some reason wasn't displaying it from my Legend but after a bit of searching found THIS

You can either navigate to the page from your mobile or copy and paste the link into an email and open the link from the email on your phone.

Remember to tick the "allow install of non-market applications" section in the Applications menu

Other downloads so far include-

MixZing - a media player FAR better than the host one on my phone.

Advanced Task Killer - you all know about this one

Bluetooth OnOff - a widget for the home screen that negates the need to switch Bluetooth on and off from inside the settings (just press the widget)

I've also upgraded Google Maps to version 4.1.1 which includes street view amongst others.

Absolutely loving this phone BTW :thumsup2

Yeah, google goggles is definitely on my list of things to get after the upgrade :D

Funny, though, because the Hero has a bluetooth on/off widget (as well as wifi and airplane mode ones) as standard. Also, Ive got google maps 3.1.2 and it has street view

Yeah, google goggles is definitely on my list of things to get after the upgrade :D

Funny, though, because the Hero has a bluetooth on/off widget (as well as wifi and airplane mode ones) as standard. Also, Ive got google maps 3.1.2 and it has street view

Yeah, I eventually noticed the standard bluetooth/wi-fi/airplane widget but on my phone it took up the space right across the top of the home screen. The one I was talking about was a single cell (1x1) widget but its down to individual preference I s'pose.

Didn't know about earlier google maps and street view - as I said, i'm new to all this.

Yeah, I eventually noticed the standard bluetooth/wi-fi/airplane widget but on my phone it took up the space right across the top of the home screen. The one I was talking about was a single cell (1x1) widget but its down to individual preference I s'pose.

Didn't know about earlier google maps and street view - as I said, i'm new to all this.

My wifi/bluetooth/airplane widgets are all 1x1 ;)

3G WatchDog

You can use this application to keep a monitor on your mobile internet usage. Use this to make sure you never go over your allowance.

also this gem to add turn by turn navigation ie. use it as a sat nav:

http://nimbu.amorvi.com/2010/04/add-turn-by-turn-navigation-to-htc-desire/

Those two look good .. especially the data one. Im on an unlimited plan, but I think the fair use limit is pretty low <_<

The firmware upgrade has been delayed, so no google goggles for me yet :(

the amount of soundboards on the apps market is crazy.......who downloads this sh*t?

also.... couldn't figure out how to change the notifications sound (ie. text messege alert) to one of your own..but found this:

To add new ringtones or SMS alerts, connect your Device to USB and browse to the following folders:

Ringtones: /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

SMS Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/notifications

Alarm Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/alarms

Copy your mp3 files into either of the folders above. Then go to:

Ringtone:Settings > sound and display > phone ringtone

SMS: Settings > sound and display > notification sound

Alarms: Set the sound when adding a new alarm.

Then select the ringtone you put in the above folder(s).

the amount of soundboards on the apps market is crazy.......who downloads this sh*t?

also.... couldn't figure out how to change the notifications sound (ie. text messege alert) to one of your own..but found this:

To add new ringtones or SMS alerts, connect your Device to USB and browse to the following folders:

Ringtones: /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

SMS Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/notifications

Alarm Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/alarms

Copy your mp3 files into either of the folders above. Then go to:

Ringtone:Settings > sound and display > phone ringtone

SMS: Settings > sound and display > notification sound

Alarms: Set the sound when adding a new alarm.

Then select the ringtone you put in the above folder(s).

Yeah, who? :ph34r:

I've managed to set different mp3s as notifications, but it seems a bit hit and miss as to whether they work or not. I think I've managed to get the right one for new emails, and general notifications, but texts still seem to use a default one.

3G WatchDog

You can use this application to keep a monitor on your mobile internet usage. Use this to make sure you never go over your allowance.

also this gem to add turn by turn navigation ie. use it as a sat nav:

http://nimbu.amorvi.com/2010/04/add-turn-by-turn-navigation-to-htc-desire/

No need for that link now, google maps with navigation is now available, officially, for UK users

clicky

edited to add - meant to say 3G Watchdog is brilliant, just what Id been looking for :thumsup2

tired that google map navigation on the way home from work yesterday - fcuking ace it was.

aye-t, we've come a long way from playing snake on the nokia 3210

My G2 Touch has now decided to take a lifetime to do anything. It's became so laggy, It can take upto 15 seconds from pressing the messages icon to it actually showing up, and now the internet is taking ages to load up aswell. I didn't have many apps on it in the first place but ive deleted them all now, aswell as half my music and it's still doing the same.

Any idea why this is? I hate this piece of shit phone. Nothing but trouble since day one.

Archived