Best Android Apps

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, Handheld 2012. WOrth playing?

Yeah i'd say so.

I picked it up from the app store on a freebie. It's not as in depth as the PC version, obviously, but you can still do the stuff you need to - training, tactics, scout for players. The main difference, that i've noticed, is that it whizzes through to game-days a lot more. Not as many breaks. It's definitely not realistic though.

I'd recommend if you're just looking for a bit of fun while you are on the go, if you're looking for a "proper football management" game i'd stick with the PC game.

Yeah i'd say so.

I picked it up from the app store on a freebie. It's not as in depth as the PC version, obviously, but you can still do the stuff you need to - training, tactics, scout for players. The main difference, that i've noticed, is that it whizzes through to game-days a lot more. Not as many breaks. It's definitely not realistic though.

I'd recommend if you're just looking for a bit of fun while you are on the go, if you're looking for a "proper football management" game i'd stick with the PC game.

That sounds perfect! I've stopped playing new football managers as it is just too slow and complex, and I prefer it to be a little bit more fun. Not arcade style simplicity, but more towards the old FM and CM of a few years back. Cheers for the review, I'll give it a shot!

That sounds perfect! I've stopped playing new football managers as it is just too slow and complex, and I prefer it to be a little bit more fun. Not arcade style simplicity, but more towards the old FM and CM of a few years back. Cheers for the review, I'll give it a shot!

FM13 has a "classic" mode which is supposed to be similar to older versions - I havent tried it though.

Football Manager Handheld for Android review.

Well I bought and downloaded this, but I've just put it off after having a massive, massive hissy fit at it. The stream of invective I just used, again, which consisted of basically five minutes of swearing, interspaced with the occasional word, indicates that its just as involving as full fat FM. Its somewhat simplified yes, but you still get loads of control, access to plenty of stats and control, and plenty of tactical control. Although nothing I do seems to stop those useless fucking shitebags at East Stirling from going into an early lead, and then conceding either exactly the same number of fucking goals, or sometimes one fucking goal more, in the second half, despite me really fucking focusing on fixing the fucking defence. I think I get angrier at FM than I do anything else in my life, past or present, alive, dead, or not real.

So the tl:dr version, its just as addictive, just as involving, but far quicker to play. It made me want to snap my phone across my knee.

• 3 weeks later...

For basic tv, filmon.tv is a nice wee app for most of the freeview type channels...... Skynews streaming is excellent quality, and has ITV2,3,4 etc plus stuff like Rai, dubai sports, NASA, etc etc http://www.filmon.com/#Sky-News

Archived