Best Android Apps

Music player?

I see your Winamp and raise you POWERAMP

It's in beta at the moment and consequently willl probably be feature lite in some respects but is hands down already the best player as far as i'm concerned! The equaliser is fantastic to play with and the app handles flac and ogg files.

As it's beta you'll have to download the apk file (click link above and then click on the depositfile or hotfile link under Download Instructions in the first post) to your phone and install from there but believe me it's worth it. My MixZing player is now history.

Check out the youtube vid below - equaliser proof is around 1.20 in :)

edit - only for Android ver 2.0+

Not been on e-forum for a while - missed this post. I downloaded it from the App store (free trial version) and I totally agree - it's phenomenal !! Graphic EQ is really impressive and very precise. The album art finder is great (won't touch your existing album art - if you don't want it to that is, and finds it in seconds over wifi - if and when you want it to). No ads, brilliant sound, clutter free, nice skins. Utterly perfect. Well happy now. Love the phone but settling on a decent, do-all, simple mp3 player was annoying me.

Beats winamp with the album art and EQ.

DOWNLOAD Poweramp !!!

Also finally downloaded Angry Birds. Life over. Can't put it down. Beautiful, graphic and sound wise too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Had my Desire a few months now and loving it. Got the following apps:

Advanced Task Killer - brilliant app for killing all open apps

Train Times UK - had to pay for it but well worth it. Up to date with delays/platform info etc.

Sky News

Yell

TuneIn Radio - fantastic radio service with literally thousands or radio stations (and dont need headphones)

Amazon Kindle- currently reading first book on it - not nearly as bad as I feared it would be

TV Guide

Wapedia - wikipedia app

Google Goggles

Beautiful Widgets

Ringdroid - app that allows you to make ringtones from any song you have on phone

Greek Mythology - because im a geek

Google Sky Map

3g Watchdog - great for monitoring my data usage

Soccer Live Scores - ok for the scores but ideally would like an app that has team line ups for lower league

Barcode Scanner

Sickipedia

Music Mate - download pretty much any song you want for free

Learn Chinese

Learn Scotish Gaelic

IMDB

ladbrokes

Ebay

Facebook

Twitter

• 3 months later...

Got my Desire yesterday and it's driving me crazy.....

How do you inport contacts from sim? I can get as far as People/Menu - Import/Export - Import from SIM card

at this point it asks Create contact under account Google or Phone

I just gives me a blank screen with the keyboard at the bottom..........

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New Android Market info HERE

there's a dowload link on that page for the .apk file.

Must say the new layout is decent.

Saw an article on that but didnt get round to downloading it. Not sure I like the new layout better than the current version.

Theres now an official BBC News app which is really good. Has embedded videos in some of the stories and a link to watch News 24 live.

The Daily Mash app is also worth checking out too

Saw an article on that but didnt get round to downloading it. Not sure I like the new layout better than the current version.

Theres now an official BBC News app which is really good. Has embedded videos in some of the stories and a link to watch News 24 live.

The Daily Mash app is also worth checking out too

Just seen theres also an official iplayer app now.

Also a google+ one, just for xbl

Having major problems with space on my Desire. Moved as many apps as I can to the SD card but only 20 meg left on the phone and can't shove anything else over. Any advice?

The Desire doesn't have a great deal of internal memory I don't think. It would have Sense running too which doesn't help. You can try clearing all applicable caches?

Oh, and get rid of those useless apps. There MUST be some!

Otherwise, root it.

Archived