Best Android Apps

Got it on Orange - Free phone, unlimited txts/data, 1000 mins and £175 cashback (which is a nice amount that allows me to terminate my current deal)

ohmy.gif

That is a cracking deal - where are getting this from, and how much is it a month (if you don't mind me asking)?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ohmy.gif

That is a cracking deal - where are getting this from, and how much is it a month (if you don't mind me asking)?

It was online at mobiles.co.uk however they phoned me this morning saying they had none in stock at moment and couldn't give me an exact date on when more were coming in. I cancelled the deal and decided to give my existing network (vodafone) a call and got an even better deal!!

Basically told vodafone I needed an early upgrade due to needing a new smartphone for work and that I have been a loyal vodafone customer for years and if they can't upgrade me now I can get the deal at orange blah blah etc etc.

So vodafone have been brilliant and offered me an upgrade TODAY - a new free HTC Desire, unlimited txts, unlimited data, 300 mins for £25 a month. That is bloody fantastic 8)

Cant get my hero to update software from 1.5 to 2, its doing my box in...tried a factory reset and everything(wiped all my data).

it says in the upgrade process that the handset isn't connected,check usb.but the same usb works to charge and mount usb!!!!

Cant get my hero to update software from 1.5 to 2, its doing my box in...tried a factory reset and everything(wiped all my data).

it says in the upgrade process that the handset isn't connected,check usb.but the same usb works to charge and mount usb!!!!

connected?Is the firmware update OTA? I think it means connected to the either WiFi or mobile internet so the handset can download the upgrade before it installs it. I don't think you need the USB at all mate....at least...I didn't when i upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2.

edit to add: Have a look over in the andriod forums, they usually know what to do.

What's the best music player out there? I've got a Samsung Galaxy S and the music player is ok but there must be better to download/buy. Any recommendations?

bTunes, well it's actually the symbol for flat in music, is good. Cost $1.50, i think, and it works fine. Easily allows you to switch between playlists, genre's. albums, songs and artist depending on what you feel like listening to. Playlists are easy to create aswell.

What's the best music player out there? I've got a Samsung Galaxy S and the music player is ok but there must be better to download/buy. Any recommendations?

I use "3" at the moment, but Ive just seen that the beta of Winamp is available. It includes syncing over wifi with the desktop winamp client. Very tempting

Cheers guys. As long as it has a good EQ and most importantly a decent playlist creator. The playlist creator on the default player does my nut in. you have to tick and add music one screen (album or artist) at a time and then it goes back to the start screen and you have to do it all again just to add to the playlist. Then it'll play your last choice first - not chronologically.

Music player?

I see your Winamp and raise you POWERAMP

It's in beta at the moment and consequently willl probably be feature lite in some respects but is hands down already the best player as far as i'm concerned! The equaliser is fantastic to play with and the app handles flac and ogg files.

As it's beta you'll have to download the apk file (click link above and then click on the depositfile or hotfile link under Download Instructions in the first post) to your phone and install from there but believe me it's worth it. My MixZing player is now history.

Check out the youtube vid below - equaliser proof is around 1.20 in :)

edit - only for Android ver 2.0+

Music player?

I see your Winamp and raise you POWERAMP

It's in beta at the moment and consequently willl probably be feature lite in some respects but is hands down already the best player as far as i'm concerned! The equaliser is fantastic to play with and the app handles flac and ogg files.

As it's beta you'll have to download the apk file (click link above and then click on the depositfile or hotfile link under Download Instructions in the first post) to your phone and install from there but believe me it's worth it. My MixZing player is now history.

Check out the youtube vid below - equaliser proof is around 1.20 in :)

edit - only for Android ver 2.0+

That does look pretty good

How do you synch Winamp with album images for the albums you have on your phone?

Pass. Does it not use the internet to search for album art?

edited to add - it doesnt seem to, and neither does Powerplayer. I like the Eq in Powerplayer, but having tried all three, I still prefer 3, just for its sheer simplicity and the fact its the only one to have found all the album art. Might seem like a small thing, but it makes it easier scrolling through albums. Oh, and the 3 interface is slicker too

That does look pretty good

Pass. Does it not use the internet to search for album art?

edited to add - it doesnt seem to, and neither does Powerplayer. I like the Eq in Powerplayer, but having tried all three, I still prefer 3, just for its sheer simplicity and the fact its the only one to have found all the album art. Might seem like a small thing, but it makes it easier scrolling through albums. Oh, and the 3 interface is slicker too

Oh without a doubt Mr X, poweramp doesn't find the covers very well. Still, the album art is one of the last things I bother about - it seems like an iphone hangover and there are apps for missing album art (but I guess some people wonder why you need to do it again after dowloading a player). Each to their own though bud, I aint a developer and don't wish to push forward any app that isnt feature rich.

It is in beta though and hopefully when it appears in android market there will be improvements.

In other news, has anyone bought Gentle Alarm? It's far better than stock alarm. For example the night display can be dimmed or brightened according to preference.

I can't seem to download any apps at the moment onto my phone (HTC Desire).

I tried hooking the phone up with the PC earlier, but it said there was a problem syncing it, so I never went any further. Since then, any app I've tried to d/load gets no further than the initial part where it says the d/load is starting.

Scunnered wi' technology at times.

I can't seem to download any apps at the moment onto my phone (HTC Desire).

I tried hooking the phone up with the PC earlier, but it said there was a problem syncing it, so I never went any further. Since then, any app I've tried to d/load gets no further than the initial part where it says the d/load is starting.

Scunnered wi' technology at times.

Same here, all my app downloads are "unsuccessful". Only noticed it tonight though :blink:.

Some good apps are:-

tv flash - loads of tv channels all good quality and seem to work well

rockplayer - seems to play any file I upload to it and is ad free on the Dell Streak :rolleyes:

MP3 music download - all music tracks free (handy if you hear a tune, shazam it and download it there and then)

Seedonk - good for checking on my kids/house when I'm out

3g watchdog or netcounter - for keeping tabs on my internet usage, both very accurate

Archived