Glenluce Spartans 2 Portpatrick FC. 3

In preparation for both clubs applications to join the South of Scotland League, I thought I would go along to see how the Stranraer Road Ground is taking place in Glenluce.

At first impression, I was delighted to see the two new turnstiles in place at the Abbey Lane end of the ground, this made easy access for the majority of the 124 spectators in attendance that clicked through the gates this afternoon.

I am absolutely ecstatic that Glenluce and Portpatrick have enough ambition in the hope to enter the Scottish Cup proper within two years of membership to the South League.

By the way, Rab Cameron's 81st minute winner for the "Bay-boys" was more than worth the £3 entrance fee on it's own. Good luck to both teams on their ventures.

My congratulations to the people who drafted today's Official Match Programme, for £2.50 it was an excellent purchase. Well done.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Great thread. Reminds me of the big derby games in the old Barrhill valley league in the 19.70s Over 40 years ago.Pinmore v Pinwherry was always a ding dong of a clash. Pinmore used to attract big crowds to the old viaduct ground the police shut the ground in 19.73 after crowd trouble at a cup game against Barrhill. Maybe Tucker can remember the teams. I got more money from Pinmore than from Maybole at the time and a fresh turkey at Christmas .

P'S Sanny Sutherland was our captain at the hight of his career.

Archived