Misheard lyrics

el Gringo

There's the obvious Jimi Hendrix one "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy", but what are your personal misheard lyrics?

I heard Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's "Islands in the Stream" on the radio the other day for the first time in years, and had a wee chuckle to myself. I would have been about 10 or 11 when it came out, and for years I thought they were singing "Ireland's Industry".

I heard Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's "Islands in the Stream" on the radio the other day for the first time in years, and had a wee chuckle to myself. I would have been about 10 or 11 when it came out, and for years I thought they were singing "Ireland's Industry".

Potato exports?

Fall Out Boy's "This aint a scene" has plenty of misheard lyrics in it, parodies are all over YouTube haha.

That's actually another of mine. I was convinced they were singing "this ain't a scene, it's a goddam arse face".

That's actually another of mine. I was convinced they were singing "this ain't a scene, it's a goddam arse face".

"This Ain't A Scene, It's A God-Damn Arse Rape" was a particular favourite of mine. I'm sure Mr. Wentz would agree, but in a different way.

mate of mine said "Reverend blue jeans" instead of "Forever in Blue Jeans"

can't help but sing Reverend now whenever i hear that song. laugh.gif

"Barry the castle" in some Paramore song, i thinkt he actual words are "Bury The Castle" or something like that. (radio 1 caught this, think it was comedy Dave)

mate of mine said "Reverend blue jeans" instead of "Forever in Blue Jeans"

can't help but sing Reverend now whenever i hear that song. laugh.gif

"Barry the castle" in some Paramore song, i thinkt he actual words are "Bury The Castle" or something like that. (radio 1 caught this, think it was comedy Dave)

Is your mate big Kevin James from the king of queens.... :lol: In one episode he miss heard the lyrics to that song as well.

• 4 years later...

My sister still reckons that in "These Days" by Take That, the lyric goes....

"We gotta live for beastings" instead of.... "We gotta live for these days"

I must confess when I first heard "Wild Wild Love" by Pitbull I was a little put off.

Misheard lyric: Oh-oh, this wild wild love of ours, it can't beat anal!

Right lyric: Oh-oh this wild wild love of ours, it can't be tamed, no.