Dogs V Cats

Cats everytime for me, far more inteligent than those fuken muppets, espcially those grey hound fuds, how thick are they?they fall for the same fake hare everytime, if they had any sign of brains they would say"well i'm wearing a muzzel nae point in knocin my kunt in chasing a fuken rolled up tshirt round the track again" And can they not work out their running in a circle? if they come out the trap and just stand there the hare will come back round!!

Dogs cant even go out therselves their that thick they start chasing buses, whereas my cat I let him oot at nite and he turns round as if to say mibee see you in a few days, I'm away to get ma hole.

always been a cat fan until i had 2 yellow labradors [who have now passed], but love both cats and dogs , the thing i cant stand is these ejits with staffys there a status symbol [or at least there gullable owners think so] nothing against the breed but there ned owners need shot.mad.giftongue.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don;t get this either/or bit. Both are great in their own ways.

Dogs are definitely thicker though. They might be able to learn tricks and tasks, but that's only because they are naturally servile - it;s the pack thing.

Cats are much, much smarter, and as a result can lie around all day doing f**k all.

post-11253-12683579875081_thumb.jpg

My Hamish and Brodie.

post-11253-12683580035639_thumb.jpg

wee Rosie

post-11253-12683580406463_thumb.jpg

Brodie (a kiwi brodie, he just came with the same name) and Millie.

All rescue dogs, all fairly clever (well except the kiwi Brodie, we should have renamed him Dylan, it's like he is permamently stoned), all loving.

We've had 10 dogs over the years now, not a bad mutt amongst them. There's also been about another 20 my mum has helped rehome as well, it's fair to say we are a dog family.

Final point though, you do get bad dogs, but it's a nature/nurture question. And only the nazi party and the kennel club believe in purity of breed. Give me a mutt any day of the week, they will be healthier, stronger and less inbred than the 'pure breeds'.

http://www.springerrescuescotland.org/

edited - the pics didn't come out that well, sorry.

awwww love the photos nice names too.

Thats not really true now is it. We have dogs who sniff out drugs, dogs who help the blind and dogs who help people who are deaf, we have dogs who help in a search and rescue team, we then have cats like you have rightly said do f**k all, they could go away for days and the owners no doubt couldnt give a sh#t.

You can programme a robot to carry out complex calculations, but it doesn't make it smart.

The reason dogs can do the above things is NOT because they are smarter; it is because they are subservient in nature. Intelligence is completely separate.

Dogs are definitely thicker though. They might be able to learn tricks and tasks, but that's only because they are naturally servile - it;s the pack thing.

Cats are much, much smarter, and as a result can lie around all day doing f**k all.

So doing f**k all is proof of being smarter?

What you're describing is laziness and an anti social personality.

Telegraph Report About a Recent Study into Cat & Dog Intelligence

So doing f**k all is proof of being smarter?

What you're describing is laziness and an anti social personality.

Telegraph Report About a Recent Study into Cat & Dog Intelligence

The article and particularly the headline is misleading. I remember the research being discussed at the time, and the stereotypical conclusion was NOT soundly endorsed by the researchers. Indeed, the conclusion they sat more comfortably with was that whilst dogs are more persistent when attracted by the potential of a treat, cats are more opportunistic, and won't persist with something, and lose interest quickly if they can't work it out immediately.

Just for you pinky.....

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Sigmund Freud

The article and particularly the headline is misleading. I remember the research being discussed at the time, and the stereotypical conclusion was NOT soundly endorsed by the researchers. Indeed, the conclusion they sat more comfortably with was that whilst dogs are more persistent when attracted by the potential of a treat, cats are more opportunistic, and won't persist with something, and lose interest quickly if they can't work it out immediately.

I didn't post that link because I agree with it. I was just trying to show it's not definite that cats are smarter.

I've no idea which is smarter but, if I was to guess, my answer would be that I think some dogs are a lot smarter than cats whilst some dogs are a lot dumber.

Although maybe my opinion would change if a cat ever got of it's arse and bothered to try learning something.

I didn't post that link because I agree with it. I was just trying to show it's not definite that cats are smarter.

I've no idea which is smarter but, if I was to guess, my answer would be that I think some dogs are a lot smarter than cats whilst some dogs are a lot dumber.

Although maybe my opinion would change if a cat ever got of it's arse and bothered to try learning something.

"Learning something" or "Getting off your arse" does not make you intelligent or smart.

In any case, "learning something" is entirely subjective. The practical utility to humans of the learned trait is not the measure of intelligence.

Put a typical cat out to fend for itself and it probably will. Put a typical dog out to fend for itself and it would probably be fucked.

"Learning something" or "Getting off your arse" does not make you intelligent or smart.

Of course it doesn't but it can sometimes demonstrate intelligence.

Put a typical cat out to fend for itself and it probably will. Put a typical dog out to fend for itself and it would probably be fucked.

That'll be why there's no such thing as stray dogs.

Ps if lots of cats and dogs were all left to fend for themselves (without human intervention) then I think the dogs would just eat the cats. But of course that wouldn't be a sign of intelligence either.

Of course it doesn't but it can sometimes demonstrate intelligence.

That'll be why there's no such thing as stray dogs.

Ps if lots of cats and dogs were all left to fend for themselves (without human intervention) then I think the dogs would just eat the cats. But of course that wouldn't be a sign of intelligence either.

Stray dogs (generally) find themselves in a much worse bill of health than stray cats. They suffer from malnourishment as they lack the street-wise qualities of cats. Cats are better at adapting to a more hostile environment.

Your PS is a load of shit as dogs can't climb trees.

Stray dogs (generally) find themselves in a much worse bill of health than stray cats. They suffer from malnourishment as they lack the street-wise qualities of cats. Cats are better at adapting to a more hostile environment.

Your PS is a load of shit as dogs can't climb trees.

So would cats just live their entire lives in the trees?

So would cats just live their entire lives in the trees?

Obviously not :rolleyes: they'd jump onto the shed and then over the fence away from the shitty dog before killing a mouse and nibbling at it periodically.

Archived