Dogs V Cats

I have never had a cat till we got Fanta(Yes he is ginger)and always thought they were scared of water,However he drinks from the tap and even sleeps in the bath :huh:

They don't like being made wet, which isn't quite the same thing as I'm sure you'll appreciate. If a cat falls into a bath full of water (unlikely, it must be said given how good their balance is) they will typically be driven into a state of panic. If it starts raining, they will immediately look for shelter whereas dogs don't tend to be as bothered by it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use to work in alot of dodgy high flats and you could normally tell if they had a cat before you got near the front door.It does help if the tray is cleaned out more than once a month :rolleyes:

If they were that hygenic how do they create such a bad smell in their tray? And they piss in your shoes.

I'd rather be smelled and slabbered on than have my eyes clawed out :P

If you never flushed your toilet, it would smell pretty shit too.

The optimal situation for any sensitive cat owner is to encourage them to shit outside and only use the litter tray in emergencies. Obviously this isn't possible in all circumstances, but ever since our cats were old enough to be okay to leave outside they've maybe shat about 5 times in a litter tray a year.

Have 2 cats and 2 dogs in my household and probably prefer the cats as they require less maintainance, don't need to bother walking them and they tend to get on with their own lives. One of them doesn't really understand being a cat though, she waits on me coming home and follows me about like a dog. The other is far better at it and is a proper grumpy bugger.

I like the 4 animals we've got at the moment, but will never have pets of my own, just not really worth the hastle/expense. Also hate being woken up in the middle of the night by animals.

Dogs, definitely. Cats are boring little b*****ds who'd rather be outside alone than at the park having fun. Perhaps it's because they are far more intelligent than dogs, generally speaking.

Someone had to post the dog v cat diary. I know it's been on here thousands of times but I think it is brilliant and have come to the conclusion that this thread needs the diary.

EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DIARY

Day number 180

8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!

9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE!

10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!

11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

12:00 noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!

1:00 pm OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE!

4:00 pm - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!

5:00 PM - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

Day number 181

Day number 182

1:30 pm - ooooooo. bath. bummer.

5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DIARY

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture...Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors,I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this On their bed.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was... Not working according to plan.

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still LODGED between my teeth.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event, however, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant, and he speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my activities. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

Someone had to post the dog v cat diary. I know it's been on here thousands of times but I think it is brilliant and have come to the conclusion that this thread needs the diary.

EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DIARY

Day number 180

Day number 181

Day number 182

1:30 pm - ooooooo. bath. bummer.

5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DIARY

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture...Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors,I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this On their bed.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was... Not working according to plan.

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still LODGED between my teeth.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event, however, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant, and he speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my activities. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

Haha

Not if they are allowed outside,Our cat was a smelly smelly moggie when he was not allowed out.Not he is put out at night he hardly ever does the toilet in his litter tray.

Aye that's because he probably does it in my garden instead. :angry:

I don't think I'd want either a dog or cat in my house. My friend has one of those very strange wee bug eyed dogs whose breed name escapes me (starts with a ch I know that much).

Anyway she insisted it'd be OK to let it wander about while my rats were out. One of the rats didn't like it much and bit its ear (though when we checked later it hadn't broke the skin). The dog sat and shivered in terror for the next half hour.

Cats are smelly b'stards though!

Dogs everytime for me.The dog knows its place and where it stands.Cats are snobby and up their own arse

If a cat gets caught in the rain yer house disnae end up reeking of wet cat, dogs are filthy b*****ds. Most are pretty dumb, but the kinda cat or dog you get mostly depends on the animals personality, you get very playful dogs, and ones that sit about on thier arse all day, the same thing with cats. Ive had my cat now for 17 years and hes not smelly, not stuck up, hes just a fat b*****d who will eat anything, like his owner.

If dogs know thier place then howcome every few months theres another small child being mauled by a fuckin dug?

Cats for me every time. I'm not big on dogs, especially big ones. One chased me when i was young and although i'm happy to give a dog my attention, i always have that awkwardness around it and the weird thought(is it going to bite my hand off?).

I prefer cats for their independance however mine is ridiculously affectionate, although it's only flaw is when it sleeps on my bed, it goes onto the middle of it and lies spread out on it leaving me no room to sleep in, so she rarely sleeps on my bed now when i am. But any other time she ll lie on my lap for hours at a time. She must be the clingiest cat i've ever known!

Cats for me every time. They are very low maintenence, don't smell and you don't need to take them for a walk when its minus 10 and battering with snow at 6 in the morning.

Plus, cats don't bark. Barking is fucking annoying.

Plus, everytime my girls dog comes near me im nearly sick with the smell of its breath. Dogs are smelly rats on legs.

Aye that's because he probably does it in my garden instead. :angry:

I don't think I'd want either a dog or cat in my house. My friend has one of those very strange wee bug eyed dogs whose breed name escapes me (starts with a ch I know that much).

Anyway she insisted it'd be OK to let it wander about while my rats were out. One of the rats didn't like it much and bit its ear (though when we checked later it hadn't broke the skin). The dog sat and shivered in terror for the next half hour.

I can live with that :rolleyes:

Some dog owners are just lazy buggers,they pick up after their dog with the bags yet just leave the bag with shit on the grass.

I prefer cats,though they can be moaning little shit bags at times. :P

post-11253-12683579875081_thumb.jpg

My Hamish and Brodie.

post-11253-12683580035639_thumb.jpg

wee Rosie

post-11253-12683580406463_thumb.jpg

Brodie (a kiwi brodie, he just came with the same name) and Millie.

All rescue dogs, all fairly clever (well except the kiwi Brodie, we should have renamed him Dylan, it's like he is permamently stoned), all loving.

We've had 10 dogs over the years now, not a bad mutt amongst them. There's also been about another 20 my mum has helped rehome as well, it's fair to say we are a dog family.

Final point though, you do get bad dogs, but it's a nature/nurture question. And only the nazi party and the kennel club believe in purity of breed. Give me a mutt any day of the week, they will be healthier, stronger and less inbred than the 'pure breeds'.

http://www.springerrescuescotland.org/

edited - the pics didn't come out that well, sorry.

Archived