Clach Go Top

Waspie

Was at my first Clach game for a wee while on Saturday to see the Whites beat Rothes 3-1 and go top of the league. Bone looks to have fitted in well and the defence doesnt seem to be missing McLeod too much, thought Clach were looking pretty good.

With not too much between Clach, Inverurie (their win on Saturday has opened it up a bit), Huntly, Broch and Deveronvale at the moment it looks like a potentially explosive title run in.

In case Guinness Alan is reading this I thought Rothes didnt look as bad as their record suggests, they battled hard and never gave up and scored a very good goal near the end. Looked like a team who could get a few wins on the board over the next few months.

Guest Guinness_Alan
In case Guinness Alan is reading this I thought Rothes didnt look as bad as their record suggests, they battled hard and never gave up and scored a very good goal near the end. Looked like a team who could get a few wins on the board over the next few months.

Thanks for the kind words Waspie. :)

When we were up 2 weeks ago for the Lossiemouth game they didn't look too bad in the 2nd half. It was the new managers 1st game and they played absolute pish in the 1st half, but improved greatly after the break. Apparently the players had approached the committee to tell them who they wanted to be the new manager, and when he wasn't appointed they weren't happy! Some people feel that the dreadful 1st half performance at Lossie was a player protest!

Hopefully things will pick up a bit now, and Rothes can put a bit of a gap between themselves and the bottom of the league.

BTW, Kevin Shortreed played the whole of the 2nd half at lossie with a broken wrist, without telling anyone he was injured! You don't get that dedication from players in the SFL. B)

Archived