Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Clan have appointed a new head coach, Malcolm Cameron, from Nova Scotia and a ton of experience.

Now, we just need players.
On paper it looks a very good appointment, top 5 in terms of all time wins in the ECHL. He's hopefully going to have a huge amount of contacts in the game and get us some hidden gems!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Clan announced several players over the last week or so including the return of Nolan Laporte and Matthieu Roy.
The new coach seems to know what he wants and is quickly putting together what looks to be an exciting team.
And we've got Fife at home as the first game of the season!

Not Elite League I know but saw pictures of Murrayfield Racers training at Dundee yesterday, I remember years back it was Dundee Tigers that trained at Murrayfield while they were homeless. I know a lot people of aren't big fans of Murrayfield, it being cold is a big complaint, crazy for an ice rink I know, and the owners are and always have been a bunch of arseholes but I really hope they can reopen soon for the many teams that play there. 

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

How easy is it to get Dundee star tickets? 

Also is there any tickets to avoid that have a shite view ? 

I've only been about half a dozen times but I've always just paid at the door.

You'll get a decent view pretty much anywhere in the arena.

Whitley Bay or Nottingham for me.

Never been to Nottingham, I suppose my only non Scottish rinks to compare to thus far are Altrincham and Milton Keynes and Dundee kind of wins by default as you’re not sat behind a trawler net or frozen to your seat.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/09/2021 at 15:52, DiegoDiego said:

Whitley Bay or Nottingham for me.

Really? Do they have good pubs or food? Whitley Bay, and I've only ever played there, while not as bad as it used to be, is horrible for me. Changing rooms, one time I played there, just had a hole in the ground where the toilet used to be, can't remember ever getting hot water in the showers and the ice surface was always gray and looked dangerously thin. Though I should say the away changing rooms at Braehead weren't great either. 

I thought when I saw the signings Fife were making in the summer that they would struggle, signing guys from the Swedish 3rd tier and a Saskatchewan men's league wouldn't have filled me with hope if I was a fan, seems like I was right so far

Really? Do they have good pubs or food? Whitley Bay, and I've only ever played there, while not as bad as it used to be, is horrible for me. Changing rooms, one time I played there, just had a hole in the ground where the toilet used to be, can't remember ever getting hot water in the showers and the ice surface was always gray and looked dangerously thin. Though I should say the away changing rooms at Braehead weren't great either. 
I thought when I saw the signings Fife were making in the summer that they would struggle, signing guys from the Swedish 3rd tier and a Saskatchewan men's league wouldn't have filled me with hope if I was a fan, seems like I was right so far
As a fan the changing rooms and showers are irrelevant. The rink has great acoustics and the walls at the back of the stands are corrugated metal, so you can create a fair racket banging on them.

There is (was?) a great pub close by called The Last Orders which did pints for £1.50 and toasties for 50p. They also had a habit of wandering around offering people free chips.

Whitley is also the goldilocks distance for an away trip where by the time you arrive you're tipsy but not so drunk that you don't remember the match.

• 4 weeks later...
Clan sign a 20 year lease with Braehead arena and start their league season off with a narrow 3-2 defeat away to Belfast.
I take it all the chat a few years back of a new arena being built has died then?

Isn't November very late for starting a league season?

I take it all the chat a few years back of a new arena being built has died then?

Isn't November very late for starting a league season?
There was abit of uncertainty about the clans future, in particular about the arena after Intu went bust. Clan decided to withdraw from the Cup and were able to start their league season later than other teams.

I was thinking of taking in the Flyers game against Coventry since I'll be passing through on Saturday.

Last hockey game I went to was Dundee v Belfast a couple of years ago.

Never been to the Fife Ice Arena before, mostly just went to Capitals home games and occasional visit to Braehead although did go to an away game in Altrinham once when I was also down that way for a Bolton game.

Edited by Caro-Kann