Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

So are the players mainly British or Americans/Canadians/Scandinavians/Soviets?

A lot of Canadians and British, a fair number of Americans and a few from other places in Europe mainly Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.

might get a season ticket for this. How much are they ? When are the games etc ?

Season starts in September, but due to Braeheads prior arrangements the Clan won't have their first home game until October, by all means get a Season ticket, cheaper than the football, friendlier atmosphere and more action. The Clan are driving hard to bring in fans for the next season, Braehead Arena is a cracking wee venue, will be good to go on fan trips away for the weeken to Belfast when the Clan play the Giants and I'm looking forward to the Edinburgh Capitals rivalry.

Hopefully there will be a lot of season ticket holders come the start of the season, would be great to get an east vs west rivalry with the Caps

P.S. Can we use this as the EIHL thread, should be a lot to talk about with the Play offs next week.

Season starts in September, but due to Braeheads prior arrangements the Clan won't have their first home game until October, by all means get a Season ticket, cheaper than the football, friendlier atmosphere and more action. The Clan are driving hard to bring in fans for the next season, Braehead Arena is a cracking wee venue, will be good to go on fan trips away for the weeken to Belfast when the Clan play the Giants and I'm looking forward to the Edinburgh Capitals rivalry.

Hopefully there will be a lot of season ticket holders come the start of the season, would be great to get an east vs west rivalry with the Caps

Not sure that it'll be quite as simple as an instant rivalry, but over time it'll definitely develop. A nice start would be if we could nick the likes of Garside in the off-season. :P

Not sure that it'll be quite as simple as an instant rivalry, but over time it'll definitely develop. A nice start would be if we could nick the likes of Garside in the off-season. tongue.gif

will you be getting a season ticket for the Clan next season? I'm a member of a Caps forum and I think they are taking this as a serious rivalry also heard from some Giants fans who are more than happy to have a glasgow team to play against. I think we benefit from a lot of travelling fans next season everyone will want to check out the newest team and arena

will you be getting a season ticket for the Clan next season? I'm a member of a Caps forum and I think they are taking this as a serious rivalry also heard from some Giants fans who are more than happy to have a glasgow team to play against. I think we benefit from a lot of travelling fans next season everyone will want to check out the newest team and arena

Yeah I am, there should hopefully be five or six of us getting season tickets. I'm on the Caps forum too, I know they're obviously fond of the idea of a Scottish derby but what I meant was that without the history or tradition it'll take time to grow.

Yeah I am, there should hopefully be five or six of us getting season tickets. I'm on the Caps forum too, I know they're obviously fond of the idea of a Scottish derby but what I meant was that without the history or tradition it'll take time to grow.

point well taken, it will take years to get a feel for it, but already it's a game that is being looked forward to some 200 days before the season starts, it's rumoured that the Clan might take some Caps players which I'm sure would be a base for some history to grow and some banter along with it. I really hope we see an Edingburgh vs Glasgow rivalry as we don't see it in football it's mainly old firm and edinburgh derby focus on themselves, but to have an east vs west thing would be something to build towards.

Hmm.

tongue.gif

What sort of season ticket numbers/attendances are to be expected?

to early to tell, the team doesn't own any players yet so thats the stage we are at right now, I would imagine the arena being between 60-75% full for most games but I fully expect it to be sold out on certain big games pushing us on for the play-offs

to early to tell, the team doesn't own any players yet so thats the stage we are at right now, I would imagine the arena being between 60-75% full for most games but I fully expect it to be sold out on certain big games pushing us on for the play-offs

i used to watch the eagles in ayr and followed them through to braehead a number of years ago. funnily enough even with just 2500 fans the place appeared close to capacity and it was a good atmosphere. the owner is an ambitious chap though with cash to splash and i reckon he'll be quietly confident of eventually attracting 3000-3500 through the doors on a regular basis.

a few of the guys i went to the ayr games with will be supporting the clan and with some recent press coverage in ayrshire i'm sure a few more will too. marketing the club as 'the west of scotlands' team is definetely the way forward.

• 6 months later...

The first home game is a week on Friday I think, anyone thinking of going?

Im thinking of heading through, been to a fair few NHL games in the US and Canada and went to the homecoming tournament last year in edinburgh and i have to admit i was extremely scared at the what the standard of the Capitals would be, i was actually very suprised after i saw them play, the standard was very decent. sadly i cant go back the Capitals arena as im 6ft6 and it is old style seats that are not built for anyone over 14 stone and taller than 5.5ft. SO i think will head to Braehead clan matches. Also Breahead arena is a lovely little space.:D

Great news this...Spent a good few years watching first the Ayr Bruins/Raiders the the Eagles before their demise. I really can't recommend for a look highly enough. If nothing else it's great value for money, at worst you'll be a bit "meh" and likely not go back. I loved it, following the Eagles all over the place, seeing them win that incredible Grand Slam in 98-98. Great to see a cross-border rivallry as well, rather than the usual parochial pish we see at the fitba.

BTW take the kids as well.

Forgot about this thread actually, the Clan won in shootout against Newcastle on Friday night after the game ending 2-2. The crowd was 1669, which i think is very decent given it was the first home game, and they were really getting into it towards the end. It's been a good start to the season for the team who've also played 3 away games, beating Nottingham and Dundee and losing narrowly to Cardiff. They've got some really good players and I'd recommend going along to watch a few games. Newcastle again today, this time it's away though.