Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Didn't make it along to the DCA Sunday as was away hiking in the good weather. A couple of pals went though, said there was a healthy crowd in and the opening faceoff had to be delayed by ten minutes to let the crowd in. Hard fought 2-1 victory for Dundee.

^^^ Not quite the turning point we were hoping for. Big changes needed with even Todd's position looking weak.

Todd ain't the man for the job. Yeah, he's been through a tough time, but I believe he's been the cheap option for the directors, and they are showing too much loyality. They need to be ruthless. Ron plumb, a ledgend from the 80s, was bought in as coach in the late 90s (I think) and it didnt work out, so they binned him. The fans will soon start voting with their feet.

I was introduced to Ice Hockey last month from a couple of friends from Belfast who support the giants. Was in the away end at the Braehead arena on 26/10 and it was amazing. Totally hooked. Atmosphere was great and enjoyed a good 2-5 win for the Giants. Heading up to Dundee on 1st December for the game, not sure how many Giants fans will be there mind. Will be a cracking day anyway.

• 1 month later...

After a 4 point weekend against Braehead and Coventry last weekend, Edinburgh Capitals are at home to Hull on Sunday evening - £10 if you get the voucher in todays Edinburgh Evening News, or £20 for a family (2+2) which is reasonable. Caps have won something like 5 out of 7 and 4 home games on the bounce, so sure to be entertaining

After a 4 point weekend against Braehead and Coventry last weekend, Edinburgh Capitals are at home to Hull on Sunday evening - £10 if you get the voucher in todays Edinburgh Evening News, or £20 for a family (2+2) which is reasonable. Caps have won something like 5 out of 7 and 4 home games on the bounce, so sure to be entertaining

Decent deal. Unfortunately moving flat this weekend or would have headed along. Going to try and make game against the Stars next week. Hopefully winning form will continue.

• 2 weeks later...

Caps beat Dundee 3-2 tonight. Caps were a lot better than last time I saw them and played some nice hockey at times. Dundee on the other hand were a lot poorer than last time I saw them. Their only game plan seemed to be to try and drag Caps into a fist fight. Fair number of penalties on both sides but Caps were good on the penalty kill and even managed a short handed goal.

Edited by Jute

Went to the Belfast v Braehead game at the Odessey tonight , Giants winning 4-1,great turnout from the Braehead fans ,fair play to them for braving the boat crossing , superb atmosphere as always.

I was at the return game last night in Braehead. 6-5 win for Giants, record attendance of ~3600, including a good crowd from Belfast. Very entertaining.

Looking forward to the festive double header with Fife this weekend. We were beaten by Belfast last week which is no disgrace, but played brilliantly to win in Braehead last Wednesday. Will be disappointed if we dont take 4 points from Flyers.

To be fair, any team other than Edinburgh should be expecting to take points of this Flyers team. Other than Regan, Nickerson, Fulton and Chaumont there isn't anything to get excited about.

Todd said he was going to build the team around Bobby but they never actually play to his strength. I think this has to be his last year as Head Coach. I'd give it to Stewart for a year to see how he gets on himself.

To be fair, any team other than Edinburgh should be expecting to take points of this Flyers team. Other than Regan, Nickerson, Fulton and Chaumont there isn't anything to get excited about.

Todd said he was going to build the team around Bobby but they never actually play to his strength. I think this has to be his last year as Head Coach. I'd give it to Stewart for a year to see how he gets on himself.

Its hard to get excited about anyone just now. Fulton has lost any edge he had at the beginning of the season. Regan has hardly covered himself in glory either recently. See the 2nd goal last night. I feel for Chaumont though. He's 2 or so games away from becoming the scapegoat again. Thats even despite scoring regularly again.

Have to admit that Fife were extremely poor this weekend, especially on Saturday in their own barn which was a surprise as I expected them to be right up for it. They were marginally better on Sunday but the 5 minute powerplay (2 of which were 5 on 3) where they barely managed a shot was the turning point IMO. Score there to make it 2-2 and the Stars are on the ropes a bit, but a few minutes later we go up the ice and score the crucial third to go 3-1 up.

Off to Belfast this weekend for the game in The O on Saturday night. Any points would be a bonus. Will be my 6th time in Belfast and yet to see us manage as much as a point.

Edited by Mr Gandosaur