Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing result for the Clan last night, beat Cardiff 7-1. Best result all season, really looking forward to the playoffs now.

Not so good result last night at home to Sheffield Steelers in losing 4-2. Definitely a few positives, but a largely disappointing and lethargic performance that saw the Steelers score twice in the second period relatively unchallenged. That effectively turned the game in Sheffield's favour.

There was a bit of a stooshie afterwards by the Clan fans over the fact that they aren't allowed horns or, it seems, general noise into the arena when Steelers' support had their own instruments and made plenty of noise in comparison, including horns and other such items.

Now Edinburgh come to Braehead on Saturday.

I definitely do feel sorry for Edinburgh. That match was like watching the guys train, there was just absolutely no challenge from Edinburgh at all and I honestly believe that we could've scored plenty more if we really wanted to. Seriously hope everything gets sorted out, mainly for fans. Credit to the ones who still came through last night despite the supporter's bus being called off on the day of the game.

Still though, I'm delighted with how we're playing right now. The game against Sheffield was always going to be tough and in the end they were just better. Hull away today, mon the Clan!

• 3 weeks later...

Clan 8-4 Blaze, secures us fifth place in the league and our place in the playoffs against the Panthers. Great achievement for us to finish 5th in our first season, cannot wait for the playoffs now.

Mon the Clan!

Clan 8-4 Blaze, secures us fifth place in the league and our place in the playoffs against the Panthers. Great achievement for us to finish 5th in our first season, cannot wait for the playoffs now.

Mon the Clan!

Outstanding performance last night. Although when the lead was down to 2 it was squeaky bum time.

Bring on the Panthers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am ridiculously excited about the games this weekend. They're going to be a close couple of games but I think we're better than Nottingham and I think we'll be at the playoff weekend. If we do get pumped tonight, at least I've got an all day bevvy in Nottingham to console myself tomorrow.

Mon the Clan!

I am ridiculously excited about the games this weekend. They're going to be a close couple of games but I think we're better than Nottingham and I think we'll be at the playoff weekend. If we do get pumped tonight, at least I've got an all day bevvy in Nottingham to console myself tomorrow.

Mon the Clan!

I'm still distraught that I can't go :(

Went to both Panthers games. Great first leg, despite the score. Everything you would want from a hockey game. Lead changes, fights etc. Over 2,500 at the game and a fantastic atmosphere.

So looked forward to the return but the boys just didn't turn up. Had a blast meeting some other Clan fans and sharing a beer with some Panthers after the game.

Great inaugural season. Aladdin Cup win and 5th place finish and able to say we are th best team in Scotland. Will definitely get a season ticket next year and would urge people who are considering taking in a game to go. Be it Braehead, Dundee or Edinburgh. Petition ongoing to get Fife Flyers into the league. Another good move IMO.

Go Clan. Bring Bruce back for next year please.

Latest from the Capitals: we might be Elite League next season. On the other hand we might not.

Great way to sell season tickets, that.

I really hope the Caps can sort their problems out. Some sort of salary cap coupled with revenue sharing is the only way forward to ensure the league thrives.

• 2 weeks later...

Great first season for Clan and I'm sure equally so in season two!

Rumoured new signings will defo improve the team if they are confirmed.

Ice Hockey really is the best kept secret in sports - wish the media that can't see past the end of their footie nose would give it the space it deserves!