Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

I'm not having a go, but what I find strange is that you would rather go and watch a team that you don't (yet) support, than one which presumably you have been going to see for a number of years.

Also, from what I've seen and from what I know about the Elite League, I wouldn't have said that, comparatively, it represents a better standard of ice hockey than the standard of football in the SPL. Scotland narrowly lost to Spain last week, fielding a team, not made up mostly of SPL players, but players basically of SPL standard. On the other hand, an Elite League side were beaten 5-1 recently by the Boston Bruins, not even one of the best sides in the NHL.

Two thingss:

The Bruins are one of the better NHL teams (my opinion)

And 5-1 in the grand scheme of hockey isn't that big a deal. Especially when a multimillion dollar outfit like the Bruins come up against a ragtag collective of AHL\ECHL castoffs playing in a nation where hockey gives "minority sport" a whole new meaning.

Edited by TheTodd

I'm not having a go, but what I find strange is that you would rather go and watch a team that you don't (yet) support, than one which presumably you have been going to see for a number of years.

Also, from what I've seen and from what I know about the Elite League, I wouldn't have said that, comparatively, it represents a better standard of ice hockey than the standard of football in the SPL. Scotland narrowly lost to Spain last week, fielding a team, not made up mostly of SPL players, but players basically of SPL standard. On the other hand, an Elite League side were beaten 5-1 recently by the Boston Bruins, not even one of the best sides in the NHL.

I was only comparing the prices, nothing specific about teams. The hockey is cheaper and much more entertaining, therefore I think it's definitely value for money compared to an SPL game.

They got beat in the conference semi-final last year, but the eventual beaten finalists.

They also won the Eastern Conference the season before, so they're not that bad.

Yes, which doesn't contrast with what I said. Spain = the best international team in the world, easily one of the best teams of all time. The Bruins = a good NHL side. But this isn't really necessarily the point.

Two thingss:

The Bruins are one of the better NHL teams (my opinion)

And 5-1 in the grand scheme of hockey isn't that big a deal. Especially when a multimillion dollar outfit like the Bruins come up against a ragtag collective of AHL\ECHL castoffs playing in a nation where hockey gives "minority sport" a whole new meaning.

I didn't say 5-1 was that big a deal, it's just a comprehensive win. And they might well be one of the better teams in the NHL ( top 10 ) but not one of the best, which was what I had said. They struggle to score goals for a start.

I was only comparing the prices, nothing specific about teams. The hockey is cheaper and much more entertaining, therefore I think it's definitely value for money compared to an SPL game.

I think it only represents value for money compared to an SPL if you prefer hockey to football, or I suppose if you've just lost a little of your enthusiasm for football.

I went to the match tonight, paid £15 for a seat and £6 petrol and a pint so i spent around £24, where if i went to Dumfries tomorrow id spend around double that, so i decided to go to the Hockey instead of follow Falkirk away from home, to me that doesn't seem strange, just fecking obvious.

Also i do support them, i pay for tickets, buy programmes and merchandise and cheer them on, which means I am a Braehead Clan supporter not just someone who has started watching them.

Fantastic result tonight, took a wee while to get going but once they did they didn't look back and steamrolled Dundee.

Edited by big_bairn_1876

Also i do support them, i pay for tickets, buy programmes and merchandise and cheer them on, which means I am a Braehead Clan supporter not just someone who has started watching them.

Fantastic result tonight, took a wee while to get going but once they did they didn't look back and steamrolled Dundee.

My point there was that presumably it would take a little time to actually get into supporting a team, in comparison with a team that you've followed for a longer time.

My point there was that presumably it would take a little time to actually get into supporting a team, in comparison with a team that you've followed for a longer time.

It's not taken me long to get into supporting Braehead, I quickly got the feel back after I stopped watching the Paisley Pirates when they moved to Braehead Arena.

Excellent performance yesterday once we scored our first, before our goal Dundee looked liked they could handle us. Bobby Chaumont took his goals in style, great hat trick for him. Perras was fantastic in net once again. I also enjoyed the Mexican wave that was going round near the end :) Bring on the Caps!

You going today, Belgian?

First period on Friday was terrible but the team turned it around well and it was a good win in the end. Kdrna looks like an improvement for Dundee as far as goaltending is concerned but that's not much use when they can't do anything else.

Looking forward to the game today as well obviously, mon the Clan!

You going today, Belgian?

First period on Friday was terrible but the team turned it around well and it was a good win in the end. Kdrna looks like an improvement for Dundee as far as goaltending is concerned but that's not much use when they can't do anything else.

Looking forward to the game today as well obviously, mon the Clan!

I really wanted to go today, but I've spent a good bit of money this weekend on the game on Friday and the football yesterday. I need to save some cash and some of my mates were working as well. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to going to an away game but it seems I'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Great game today, and overall a well deserved win. Dominic Noel was tremendous, and that's another hattrick this weekend for a Clan player. Moray Hanson as usual made an arse of himself, but that's really to be expected, the guy's a terrible referee. Hopefully Kyle Bruce is alright as well, although it looks like he might have broken his arm which would be a big loss. Good day out though, loads of noise made by both sets of fans too.

Mon the Clan! :)

Great game today, and overall a well deserved win. Dominic Noel was tremendous, and that's another hattrick this weekend for a Clan player. Moray Hanson as usual made an arse of himself, but that's really to be expected, the guy's a terrible referee. Hopefully Kyle Bruce is alright as well, although it looks like he might have broken his arm which would be a big loss. Good day out though, loads of noise made by both sets of fans too.

Mon the Clan! :)

Great to see Dom score the hat trick, we're firing them in at the moment. Another win for the Clan, great run going into a tough one against Coventry next weekend.

What happened to Brucey? Bad news if he has broken his arm, he's a right good player.

Hanson should just f*ck off. Seen him three times, he doesn't have a clue.

Is he? How come? I'm really not familiar with the situation, fans just seem obsessed with the guy though.

Perhaps I was just caught up in the game, but it seems to me like he makes a lot of bad calls . He misses little things like trips and hooks, and calls them when they're not there. I suppose we should just be glad to have guys who do his job.

See at these Scottish Ice Hockey games, do they do those gay american chants? Like "Let's go Dundee, let's go" and stuff like that?

They do indeed, but I fail to see why they're 'gay'?

So he's Chris Boyle? :D

Give the man some credit, nobody's that bad. :P

Fair enough, perhaps gay is the wrong word. "Shit" would be the better adjective.

Think its hard to make them sound good when there's only 1200 people in the arena, when i went to a few NHL matches at General Motors Place, the chants made more impact as the crowd was huge.

Edited by big_bairn_1876

Think its hard to make them sound good when there's only 1200 people in the arena, when i went to a few NHL matches at General Motors Place, the chants made more impact as the crowd was huge.

Yeah but the chants themselves at American/Canadian sports in general are highly unimpressive compared to what you hear at football grounds in Europe and I say this as someone who loves American sports.