Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

58 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Statement just released by Neil Black. Essentially the club is up for sale.

Had to happen. Neil Black tried to sell the club years ago. There were no takers then but as long as he was still getting his cut of Clan money then there was no real need to push for a sale. Now? It suits both the Clan and Neil Black for new ownership to be sought.

It's still a car crash statement. Essentially blaming fans and sponsors for the reaction that has pretty much forced issues. Had he said half of that at the start of the week and made efforts to reach out to sponsors then we wouldn't be where we are today.

But its something to work from. It's a start. New ownership will hopefully mean better leadership and more accountability. 2 things that have been lacking at the Clan for about 6 or 7 years now.

46 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Had to happen. Neil Black tried to sell the club years ago. There were no takers then but as long as he was still getting his cut of Clan money then there was no real need to push for a sale. Now? It suits both the Clan and Neil Black for new ownership to be sought.

It's still a car crash statement. Essentially blaming fans and sponsors for the reaction that has pretty much forced issues. Had he said half of that at the start of the week and made efforts to reach out to sponsors then we wouldn't be where we are today.

But its something to work from. It's a start. New ownership will hopefully mean better leadership and more accountability. 2 things that have been lacking at the Clan for about 6 or 7 years now.

Aye I hope new owners can be found. A hockey club in Glasgow could be a hard sell.

Would running not just a club but an arena be a positive or a negative for owners? I know that the Cardiff model.

There's a whole hockey ecosystem here where Fife and Dundee don't need the Clan per se but its a huge knock on if we don't have them.

If Dundee and Fife have to go to an NIHL North the whole EIHL is fucked.

I know the rest see Scotland as some sort of add on but we are a third of the league 

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/10/2022 at 20:09, invergowrie arab said:

Would running not just a club but an arena be a positive or a negative for owners? I know that the Cardiff model.

There's a whole hockey ecosystem here where Fife and Dundee don't need the Clan per se but its a huge knock on if we don't have them.

If Dundee and Fife have to go to an NIHL North the whole EIHL is fucked.

I know the rest see Scotland as some sort of add on but we are a third of the league 

It depends on how successfully they could run the arena.

Running costs are high before the added problems of utility bills being sky high right now. Ideally we need to see the rink used every day for leisure skating and for youth or amateur ice sports. Weekends we should see the arena open 6 am and close at midnight. Ice needs to be in constant use. As soon as the season is over then we need to see events at the arena. Every other week, if not once per week. Comedy shows. Concerts. Other live events. If we can do that then the arena income helps fund the hockey club and the Clan become a major player in UK hockey. If not then we'll continue to see more of the same regardless of who owns us.

Watched the webcast from Coventry tonight. Blaze eventually won in OT, but the Clan put up a hell of a fight. Wasn't pretty and Coventry had near enough 100 efforts, with 59 of them being on goal. Muse saved 55 of them. We have so many injures and lost another 2 during the game that we'll struggle to ice 3 lines on Wednesday against Nottingham. This is getting to the stage we saw with Edinburgh/Newcastle. Cameron should be sacked given our woeful performances so far, and for much of last season too, but tonight isnt the game that sees him gone. That said, does he have the authority to sign players right now? Do we have somebody signing contracts? Are players going to want to join a complete basket case club?  This can't continue and we're edging ever closer to the kind of hammerings that Edinburgh took regularly, because we're not far off having to rely on NIHL 1 level players to actually field a team. 2 called up from Solway tonight, including Scott Henderson. Both players did well enough, but thats not really a solution for anything other than a short term emergency. The clan need help ASAP, or things are going to get even worse.

3 DEL games for me over the next week. Die Adler at home to Iserlohn on Wednesday and the derby game v Frankfurt on Friday. Managed to get a seat on the supporters bus to Nurnberg on Sunday, so at least I'll have something a bit different to take my mind off all things purple. 5th trip to Mannheim and the first since October 2019. Nice to have something to look forward to.

On 23/10/2022 at 14:53, Craig fae the Vale said:

Paisley Pirates 1-6 Kirkcaldy Kestrels. 

Kestrels on a different level to the Pirates tonight.

20221023_165935.jpg

SNL seems to be pretty competitive this season, every team has won at least one game so far and Kilmarnock seem to have improved greatly in the past two seasons. 

52 minutes ago, Torpar said:

SNL seems to be pretty competitive this season, every team has won at least one game so far and Kilmarnock seem to have improved greatly in the past two seasons. 

I've been to three games and I've really enjoyed all of them. The standard is a lot better than I was expecting. Proper Pirates fan now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The standard of the SNL has fairly improved this season. Think it's mainly down to the higher number of matches each team plays, previously teams only played each other once home and away, it's now twice. There is a shortage of ice time at Dundee, so the two Dundee teams play once at home for double points. Not ideal but not a lot that can be done. 

It always ended up basically a two tier league with matches between the top and bottom sides being very one sided but the gap seems to have shrank a bit. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Clan to be sold to TDL Media - owners of Premier Sports Ireland & Asia, W Sport and have obviously had previous involvement in the Elite League through Premier Sports UK before they were bought out by viaplay.

• 1 month later...

Not quite Elite League but hats off to Solway on winning everything going and making the step up to the National League. Usual moaning for people in the South of England about the travel involved for them, I don't know if they think Solway are planning to teleport to away games or what! 

• 2 weeks later...