Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

You thought McIver should have got off for 2+10 checking to the head on two consecutive nights?

You are right though, Brooks getting off is bizarre.

Neither was actually a check to the head though. The one against Fife shouldn't have even been a penalty at all...

When does McIver's ban happen? The Edinburgh game?

Yup.

As bizarre as I find the decision, I'd rather have Brooks available than McIver at right now. We can cope without a defenceman but losing another forward would've been a huge blow.

Jordan Cownie has been recalled from his loan for tonight's match, Duncan Spiers and Stuart Kerr have been brought in from Solway Sharks and Richard Hartmann will ice.

Obviously I know very little of them and have never seen them play but at least we have the bodies. There's absolutely no excuse for not winning this tonight, Edinburgh have had the same problems for a while now but aren't able to bring in the extra bodies the way we have.

Edited by #Gary

Manchester away tomorrow, the best trip in the league.

Really? I'd rate them as follows:

(Newcastle - Whitley)

Nottingham

Belfast

(Hull)

Kirkcaldy

(Newcastle - MRA/Telewest)

Coventry

Manchester

Sheffield

Dundee

Braehead

Cardiff

(London)

(Basingstoke)

Edited by DiegoDiego

Really? I'd rate them as follows:

(Newcastle - Whitley)

Nottingham

Belfast

(Hull)

Kirkcaldy

(Newcastle - MRA/Telewest)

Coventry

Manchester

Sheffield

Dundee

Braehead

Cardiff

(London)

(Basingstoke)

I love it. It's a small arena where you can make loads of noise, the wee bar is brilliant, it's not too far but far enough to feel like a proper day out, and the stewards let you away with standing and rowdy behaviour!

I don't like Belfast much, same goes for Nottingham. You can obviously still enjoy yourself but I'm not a huge fan of the bigger arenas. You're right about Whitley Bay though!

Terrible result last night anyway. Manchester played well to be fair but we were never in that game really.

I love it. It's a small arena where you can make loads of noise, the wee bar is brilliant, it's not too far but far enough to feel like a proper day out, and the stewards let you away with standing and rowdy behaviour!

I don't like Belfast much, same goes for Nottingham. You can obviously still enjoy yourself but I'm not a huge fan of the bigger arenas. You're right about Whitley Bay though!

Terrible result last night anyway. Manchester played well to be fair but we were never in that game really.

I'm not a fan of arenas in general, but Belfast and Nottingham get plus points for their locations. Nottingham has a couple of decent boozers within stumbling distance and Belfast is a short walk from the city centre and has Rockies as a decent default post-game pub. Belfast and Nottingham fans are also more familiar than the Manchester ones, as large numbers used to spend a weekend in Edinburgh every year.

The view at Manchester is my main issue, it's also far too warm for my liking, the surrounding area isn't that exciting either. You're right about the distance though.

Whitley Bay was a wonderful away trip. My last time down there you could go to The Last Orders and get a pint for £1.50, the staff used to give us free chips as well. The rink was an absolute midden (I remember one of the Newcastle players filling in holes in the ice pad with a fire extinguisher before a game once) but has great corrugated metal walls which make a racket when you bang on them. The Newcastle fans were generally a pretty decent bunch as well. They were a great team to have in the league.