Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Murrayfield is a listed building which I think stops them doing much with the rink.

The have a bloody cheek charging what they do for the facilities though.

The club and the rink are different companies run by different people. There have been a few upgrades over recent years though, the changing rooms, the roof, the boards, the benches.

I heard that a few years back they were offered the old seats from (I think) Sheffield Arena for free, in much the same way that large chunks of the Centrum ended up in Kirkcaldy, unfortunately, the rows in Murrayfield were too narrow for them to be installed so it never happened.

I think it's just the facade in Edinburgh which is listed. That doesn't stop major upgrades to the rink but it does cause serious problems for anyone wishing to redevelop the land. What the Caps need is someone to turn the rink into houses in exchange for building a new venue elsewhere in Edinburgh. The listed nature of the building is a problem as is the fact that the rink is an island in a sea of SRU owned land and any deal would need to be agreed in tandem with the rugby chaps.

I much prefer watching hockey in old rinks than new arenas anyway. I even prefer MIR & FIA to the overly lit Dundee Arena.

I would say Clan are the 3rd best team in the league behind Steelers and Devils ( maybe joint 3rd with panthers) but the conference fixtures are going to make it very hard for erhart teams to keep pace with clan down the stretch.

I would (insert Kevin keegan gif) if they blew it though.

8 league wins in a row.. that sort of run is never going to last and Fife seems to be a place this team has struggled all season. Not too concerned as Sheffield were beaten and Cardiff only scraped a 1 goal win against a really poor and depleted Edinburgh side at home.

I dont know much about Trimm because I only started going this year but by all accounts he's not a physical player.

Bruton leaving leaves Keith as the only physical guy in attack. For that reason alone, it simply has to be down to off ice issues. If not, Finnerty has lost the plot.

Didn't really expect anything tonight. Panthers are the team that have stood out most for me.

Could be a very costly one though with Keith away to hospital, Pitt suffering from concussion, Davies and Haywood going away with the national team, and Meyer picking up a 5+match for spearing. Harper also didn't travel tonight and rumours are that it's related to whatever has happened with Bruton off ice.

Hopefully the injuries won't be as bad as first feared and that Keith especially will be back asap. Its going to be a pretty threadbare squad against Fife tomorrow. Wouldn't be a suprise if we lose again. I'm going to the Thur night game and I seem to have a tendency to jinx them so I apologise in advance for that!