The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

I'm definitely getting one of these next week, so any recipes that can be put up here, I'd be really grateful for them, particularly things I can stick on in the morning, leave Adam to serve up for Charlie in the day and eat for my dinner when I get home. :)

Spag bol:

Mince, chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, tomato passatta, garlic, basil, oregano then add some pasta about half an hour before you need it. Pop it all in the slow cooker, sprinkle with cheese and stick on low for 8 hours or so, or high for about 4 hours - yummy!

Thai chicken curry:

Diced chicken, coconut milk, green curry paste, a bit more garlic and chilli and some chunky red and green peppers. Bung into slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or so, or high for about 4 hours.

BBQ chicken:

Stuff chicken breasts with grated cheese and wrap in bacon. Add a jar of bbq sauce (or make your own BBQ sauce if you can be arsed) and cook on low for 8 hours or so, or high for about 4 hours. Serve with potato wedges. :)

Beef and vegetable casserole (this is a lovely rich stew - my favourite stew recipe):

olive oil

1 onion , diced

1 carrot , diced

1 leek, diced

2 celery sticks, diced

2 garlic cloves, crushed

75g mushrooms, sliced

500g stewing beef, cubed

2 tbsp plain flour

thyme

750ml beef stock (from cubes is fine)

2 tbsp tomato purée

a dash of Worcestershire sauce

Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan then add the onion, carrot, leek, celery and garlic, and cook gently for 5 minutes, do not brown. Add the mushrooms and cook everything for a further 5 minutes then transfer to the slow cooker. Heat a little more olive oil in the pan you cooked the veg in, add the beef (in batches if necessary) and brown all over then stir the flour in well. Add the beef to the slow cooker and add the thyme, stock, purée and Worcestershire sauce. Season and mix well. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook on high for 4 hours or low for around 8 hours. Serve with jacket potatoes, or mash.

Christened the new slow cooker tonight with a beef casserole

Stewing steak

Button mushrooms

Parsnips

swede

potatoes

garlic

tomato puree

beef stock

1/2 bottle merlot

worchester sauce pepper

all sooked up with fresh crusty buttered bread

Absolutely brilliant..Im hooked smile.gif

BBQ chicken:

Stuff chicken breasts with grated cheese and wrap in bacon. Add a jar of bbq sauce (or make your own BBQ sauce if you can be arsed) and cook on low for 8 hours or so, or high for about 4 hours. Serve with potato wedges. :)

Surely you could go for a bit of brie or something rather than grated cheese !

This is next

Put it all in the slow cooker,stir and cook on low for 6-8 hours..simples

Chicken Breast diced, or thighs1 Large onion roughly chopped2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped2 fresh green chillies chopped1 tin of tomatoes or Passatta1/2 pint of water1 tsp ground corriander1 tsp tground cumin1 or 2 red or green pepper roughly chopped1/2 tsp ground red chilli2 fresh red chilli - optional2 tsp garam masala - spice mix2 1/2 tsp curry powder

Edited by Unleash The Nade