The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

Unleash the Nade has posted his recipe in here a few times and it's probably the most popular recipe that's ever been on here. If you go right back to the beginning and start looking from there you should find it easily enough. It wasn't too far in that he posted it the first time, I'm sure.

Or to save you the bother of searching like I had to. Here it is in full.

Never made them in my SC yet but was going to try them next.

I suppose you would just make them the same as normal.

There was a Stovies thread some time ago and there are lots of different recipes,but here's mine.

Peel and slice potatoes into discs approx half a centimetre thick.

Brown off 8 steak slice sausage,drain on kitcehn paper to absorb excess fat,then cut into pieces about one inch square.

Fry one and a half onions gently until golden in colour.

Get a pint of beef stock. A cube will do ,but fresh made or supermarket pre made is better.

I bottom of SC arrange a layer of potato,then add pepper (no salt as you'll get this from stock)

Then add layer of sausage and onion.

Another layer of potato and season,then another of sausage and so on.

Once all layers are complete,pour in stock and cook on low heat for approx 6 hours.

When ready,if all stock hasnt been absorbed,I would drain some off then mash.

Dont mash too much as I think it best if you still have soime chunks of tattie.

Serve with buttered oat cakes, or buttered plain bead ..brown sauce optional

Enjoy

Thanks to both of you. Making chilli tonight but stovies will be next :)

Or to save you the bother of searching like I had to. Here it is in full.

Never made them in my SC yet but was going to try them next.

I suppose you would just make them the same as normal.

There was a Stovies thread some time ago and there are lots of different recipes,but here's mine.

Peel and slice potatoes into discs approx half a centimetre thick.

Brown off 8 steak slice sausage,drain on kitcehn paper to absorb excess fat,then cut into pieces about one inch square.

Fry one and a half onions gently until golden in colour.

Get a pint of beef stock. A cube will do ,but fresh made or supermarket pre made is better.

I bottom of SC arrange a layer of potato,then add pepper (no salt as you'll get this from stock)

Then add layer of sausage and onion.

Another layer of potato and season,then another of sausage and so on.

Once all layers are complete,pour in stock and cook on low heat for approx 6 hours.

When ready,if all stock hasnt been absorbed,I would drain some off then mash.

Dont mash too much as I think it best if you still have soime chunks of tattie.

Serve with buttered oat cakes, or buttered plain bead ..brown sauce optional

Enjoy

How many potatoes do you use for the optimum potato / sausage balance?

How many potatoes do you use for the optimum potato / sausage balance?

Depends on the capacity of the slow cooker mate.

I have a 3 litre one and basically use 16 square sausage cut into approx. 1 inch cubes putting about 4 sausage worth on each layer

Cut the spuds about 1cm thick and overlap so you get enough in each layer

Depends on the capacity of the slow cooker mate.

I have a 3 litre one and basically use 16 square sausage cut into approx. 1 inch cubes putting about 4 sausage worth on each layer 

Cut the spuds about 1cm thick and overlap so you get enough in each layer

So you've doubled the sausage?

16 bits of Lorne? :lol: Jesus fucking Christ!

So you've doubled the sausage?

f**k, never realised my original recipe was for 3 litre casserole :lol:

I upgraded to a 5 litre one mate and that's the recipe for that (sorry)

However, that said, the stovies this bad boy makes will easily give around 8 decent portions

just use trial and error and you'll eventually get a feel for how much sausage you like ;)

I've decided to try UTNs pulled Pork. It sounds awesome. It been in for about half an hour so far. Looking forward to dinner already! Any suggestions of what to have with it?

imhobest way to have this is on a nice soft Scottish morning or afternoon roll, put on a generous heap of the pulled pork, then grate some mature cheddar over the top and finely slice some jalepeno chilli, then put under the grill so cheese just melts in no more.

Food of the Gods mate ;)

Got these famous stovies on for later, they better be good! I'm slightly unconvinced there is enough liquid to be honest...

Sausage, potato, onion - what could go wrong? I have baked a lovely wholemeal loaf to have with it as well.

Got these famous stovies on for later, they better be good! I'm slightly unconvinced there is enough liquid to be honest...

Sausage, potato, onion - what could go wrong? I have baked a lovely wholemeal loaf to have with it as well.

Always easier io add extra liquid at the end, rather than have them too runny to start with.

I see you posted at 15.33 and if for dinner tonight, I hope they've been on for some time, as when I make them , I have them at low power for 8 hours

imhobest way to have this is on a nice soft Scottish morning or afternoon roll, put on a generous heap of the pulled pork, then grate some mature cheddar over the top and finely slice some jalepeno chilli, then put under the grill so cheese just melts in no more.

Food of the Gods mate ;)

I decided to bake bread to go with it. I'll bung it in the oven soon. Cheers.

Always easier io add extra liquid at the end, rather than have them too runny to start with.

I see you posted at 15.33 and if for dinner tonight, I hope they've been on for some time, as when I make them , I have them at low power for 8 hours

Been on since 12 and won't be eating till after 8 ;-)