The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

I tend to have mine all rubbed up, and still lob in the BBQ sauce on top of it and anything you'd normally do, but just submerge it in Dr. Pepper. Just adds a slightly sweeter taste to the meat, as you'd expect!

So you add the dr Pepper in addition to the BBQ sauce, I thought you would make a bbq sauce with the dr pepper. do you not end up with hundreds of liquid?

So you add the dr Pepper in addition to the BBQ sauce, I thought you would make a bbq sauce with the dr pepper. do you not end up with hundreds of liquid?

Sorry, wasn't clear. I put a bit of sauce in when its cooking, but cook the whole thing in the Dr. Pepper. Lift it out, lob it in a bowl, tear it up, add sauce at this point.

Sorry, wasn't clear. I put a bit of sauce in when its cooking, but cook the whole thing in the Dr. Pepper. Lift it out, lob it in a bowl, tear it up, add sauce at this point.

Cheers I will give it a go - not on this particular run as I am serving it to others but the next time its just the wife and I.

Haha, it is! Not long moved in, so it's mid renovation at the moment. Hence the 'distressed' wall in the background and dodgy wooden shelving unit we're currently using as a bit of worktop.

As long as you can still cook, that's the main thing!!

Stewing steak diced

Pork and Ale Sausages cut up.

Carrots

Onions

Peas

Sausage and Ale sauce.

Salt

Pepper

5 hours in slow cooker on high then into an oven dish, cover with pastry and oven cook on 200 deg c for 20 mins. Easy and tasty. :)

Anyone got a decent but easy recipe for stovies? Not had them for ears and everyone I ask gives me a different and ever more complicated recipe. Surely this must be an easy dish to make? :unsure:

Unleash the Nade has posted his recipe in here a few times and it's probably the most popular recipe that's ever been on here. If you go right back to the beginning and start looking from there you should find it easily enough. It wasn't too far in that he posted it the first time, I'm sure.

Or to save you the bother of searching like I had to. Here it is in full.

Never made them in my SC yet but was going to try them next.

I suppose you would just make them the same as normal.

There was a Stovies thread some time ago and there are lots of different recipes,but here's mine.

Peel and slice potatoes into discs approx half a centimetre thick.

Brown off 8 steak slice sausage,drain on kitcehn paper to absorb excess fat,then cut into pieces about one inch square.

Fry one and a half onions gently until golden in colour.

Get a pint of beef stock. A cube will do ,but fresh made or supermarket pre made is better.

I bottom of SC arrange a layer of potato,then add pepper (no salt as you'll get this from stock)

Then add layer of sausage and onion.

Another layer of potato and season,then another of sausage and so on.

Once all layers are complete,pour in stock and cook on low heat for approx 6 hours.

When ready,if all stock hasnt been absorbed,I would drain some off then mash.

Dont mash too much as I think it best if you still have soime chunks of tattie.

Serve with buttered oat cakes, or buttered plain bead ..brown sauce optional

Enjoy

Edited by Paris Hilltoon

Seared a brisket of beef, then fried some onions and garlic in the same pan, added some butter, a tub of gravy from the butcher, half a bottle of Rioja and some rosemary. Stuck that in the slow cooker with a chopped carrot. Gonna give it a couple hours on high, then another 4-5 on low. Hopefully it'll work, never had brisket come out right in the slow cooker. The cooking liquor tastes amazing though, and that's before all the meat juices have ran into it.

There was a Stovies thread some time ago and there are lots of different recipes,but here's mine.

Brown off 8 steak slice sausage,drain on kitcehn paper to absorb excess fat,then cut into pieces about one inch square.

Get a pint of beef stock. A cube will do ,but fresh made or supermarket pre made is better.

I bottom of SC arrange a layer of potato,then add pepper (no salt as you'll get this from stock)

Once all layers are complete,pour in stock and cook on low heat for approx 6 hours.

Enjoy

Thanks for spreading the gospel of The Stovies ;)

Enjoy

I would have found it but I was on my phone. Nice one. :)