The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

You can make jam and things in them... I have a couple of recipes:

Rice pudding:

75g pudding rice

50g caster sugar

1 litre milk

25g butter

ground nutmeg

Place the rice, sugar and milk into the slow cooker and stir well. Top with shavings of butter and the grated nutmeg. Cook on 'high' for 4 hours. Stir halfway through cooking.

Lemon curd: (this is really nice and easy)

100g unsalted butter

300g caster sugar

grated rind and juice of 2 large lemons

2 large eggs (beaten)

Melt slowly together the butter, sugar, lemon rind and juice in a pan over a gentle heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool the mixture, then beat in the eggs and place into a heatproof 500ml/1pint dish and cover with foil. Stand in the slow cooker and surround with hot water. Cook on 'low' for 4-5 hours. Stir well before transferring to jars - makes approx. 500g

Thats it,I'm buying one at the weekend.

Theres a whole new world of slow food out there just waiting to be discovered

Right, I'm getting one tomorrow.

You should.

They are cracking for making a lazy Sunday dinner. Just throw all the ingredients in, switch the cooker on and then forget about it. It's hassle free and I imagine it's just about impossible to burn the food so you can get on with what ever you have to do and then eat dinner whenever you want.

ps. Unleash the Nade I accidently gave your post a green thingy but I'll take it back unless you buy a slow cooker.

You should.

They are cracking for making a lazy Sunday dinner. Just throw all the ingredients in, switch the cooker on and then forget about it. It's hassle free and I imagine it's just about impossible to burn the food so you can get on with what ever you have to do and then eat dinner whenever you want.

ps. Unleash the Nade I accidently gave your post a green thingy but I'll take it back unless you buy a slow cooker.

Cheers .Im on websites looking at them now and think I'll go for the Turbocharged GTI version from Lakeland.

I've got a cast iron one, you can take the pot out and use it in the oven as well.

Love them, chuck everything in it, go to work, come home and yer tea's ready. Although it's not really used in summer.

Methinks Stovies will be my next go, anyone got any tips?

I've got a steamer.

Steady!

I've got a cast iron one, you can take the pot out and use it in the oven as well.

Love them, chuck everything in it, go to work, come home and yer tea's ready. Although it's not really used in summer.

Methinks Stovies will be my next go, anyone got any tips?

Bear in mind they are brilliant for keeping already cooked food warm in a simple and pleasing to the eye manner, thus being perfect for those spontaneous dinner parties. Just ensure you have a Matt Munro CD to hand at all times, and viola!

Steady!

Bear in mind they are brilliant for keeping already cooked food warm in a simple and pleasing to the eye manner, thus being perfect for those spontaneous dinner parties. Just ensure you have a Matt Munro CD to hand at all times, and viola!

Cooking and musical, is there no end to your talents? Do you play along to Matt Monroe or fill in with a few of your own ditties while the slow cooker is firing up?

Cooking and musical, is there no end to your talents? Do you play along to Matt Monroe or fill in with a few of your own ditties while the slow cooker is firing up?

Well now. I find a quick recitation of "The Girl from Ipanema" on the kazoo (that's the clever bit - it leaves your hands free for those fiddly chopping moments, and to goose the hostess as she walks past) makes everything just that little bit more unctuous. :chef

Edited by Pink Freud