The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

I'm in Texas a lot and often the chili there doesn't use mince, but little chunks of beef. It's amazing that way.

Of course in Texas they'd also hang you for putting in chorizo and beans of any kind. There's a lot of purists out there who say that chili is just chile peppers and meat - nothing else. Well, f**k 'em. I prefer my chili made with beans and tomato, because it tastes better, has a more interesting texture, and might ward off bowel cancer for a couple years longer. Chili purists annoy the f**k out of me.

Totally agree.A tin of Heinz Baked Beans added to the mix makes the overall taste more interesting,not to add ,more improved fatability .

Just noched a plate poured on top of some nachos,with melted cheese,sour cream and added sliced up jalapenos on top for extra kick

• 2 weeks later...

1 tin of chopped tomatoes

Half fill the tin with water and chuck that in as well

A big squeeze of tomato puree

A sprinkling of oregano, basil and nutmeg

As many meatballs as you like

Low for 8 hours or high for 4

I made this with spaghetti and meatballs in mind, but I had half a french baton left and chucked it in that instead with some cheese. Better than Subway.

1 tin of chopped tomatoes

Half fill the tin with water and chuck that in as well

A big squeeze of tomato puree

A sprinkling of oregano, basil and nutmeg

As many meatballs as you like

Low for 8 hours or high for 4

I made this with spaghetti and meatballs in mind, but I had half a french baton left and chucked it in that instead with some cheese. Better than Subway.

Sounds good

Anyone got any good chicken recipes ??

Sounds good

Anyone got any good chicken recipes ??

I've got a recipe for a lovely thai red curry that I've been meaning to convert to the slow cooker but I've not bothered my arse with it yet. I could give you the recipe I've got and you can try it yourself if you're interested? The Sharwoods curry paste recipe works really well in the slow cooker though, if you're pushed for time and just want something to chuck in.

I've got a recipe for a lovely thai red curry that I've been meaning to convert to the slow cooker but I've not bothered my arse with it yet. I could give you the recipe I've got and you can try it yourself if you're interested? The Sharwoods curry paste recipe works really well in the slow cooker though, if you're pushed for time and just want something to chuck in.

Thanks LM.

I've got a decent Thai Red/Green curry recipe as well which I love ,but has to be made fresh.

I've treid chicken only once but as previous poster points out,becomes over-cooked and stringy .

Edit to Add: If you're loking for a different one,I know I sound like a stuck record,but try the pulled pork as its feckin amazing

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Sod later, I've just dug it out. I have got:

Thai green chicken curry

Creamy tarragon chicken

Kashmiri butter chicken

Sun dried tomato and chicken pilaf

Sweet and sour chicken

Pot roasted chicken with lemon

Chicken korma

Caribbean chicken with rice and peas

Lemon chicken

Any of those float your boat?

Sod later, I've just dug it out. I have got:

Thai green chicken curry

Creamy tarragon chicken

Kashmiri butter chicken

Sun dried tomato and chicken pilaf

Sweet and sour chicken

Pot roasted chicken with lemon

Chicken korma

Caribbean chicken with rice and peas

Lemon chicken

Any of those float your boat?

All of them but wouldnt mind trying the caribbean one

Cheers

8 chicken thighs (around 2lb in total)

3 tablespoons jerk marinade (made fresh or shop bought, your choice)

3 tbsp sunflower oil

2 large onions, chopped

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

400ml can of full fat coconut milk

1/2 pint chicken stock

1 can red kidney beans, drained

7oz easy cook long grain rice

4oz frozen peas

salt, pepper

garnish: lime wedges, sprigs of coriander

Remove skin from chicken thighs, slash each one 2 or 3 times and rub in the marinade

Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan, add chicken, fry over high heat until browned on both sides. Lift out and transfer to plate.

Add remaining oil, onions and garlic to pan and fry until softened and lightly browned. Pour in coconut milk and stock, season and bring to boil. Transfer half the mixture to slow cooker and add half the chicken, all the beans, then remaining chicken and coconut mixture. Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is tender.

Stir in the rice, replace lid and cook on high for 45 minutes. Add frozen peas, cook for further 15 minutes. Serve with garnish.

I've not tried it myself yet, let me know how it goes.

post-11253-12725240130226_thumb.jpg

to

post-11253-12725240130226_thumb.jpg

Pumpkin and kumera soup with cajun spice.

The bottom picture, the pot's a wee bit empty as it's pretty decent.

Mon the homemade soup!

edited - there's two pics of the start of the soup, I can't seem to get one of them to buger off, my editor's playing up again

post-11253-12725240312108_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiwififer

Looks good, but WTF is kumera?

Maori potato.

Okay, I'm being smart, sweet potato, nothing exotic. Everyone here calls it kumera, you can even get kumera fries at the chippy instead of normal chips.

• 1 month later...