The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

Woah there. I see no mention of a slow cooker mad.gif

You could cook this in a slow cooker no problem,but as Nick_BCFC doesnt have one,thought I would try and help him out.

Wait a minute........Now you mention it though,shoud habe told him to f**k off and have a Pot Noodle.

How dare he take advantage of a P&BSCO's cooking knowledge without being a member

I'm raging !!! mad.gif

Very nice, meat fell apart, sauce was thin-ish but tasty and had lovely mash to mop it up. Would do again!

Fancying the pork shoulder though, might try that soon.

Have also found this with most of my SC dishes.

What I do is remove a few ladelfulls out into a saucepan blend in some cornflour to thicken and away you go.

Glad you fancy trying the pork,you will not be dissapointed !

An alternative way to thicken the sauce is to add some beurre manie (flour and butter).

Beurre Manié - Similar to a Roux, this paste is made with equal quantities of flour and butter kneaded together to be used as a thickener that is whisked into sauces, soups, and stews. Unlike Roux, it is not cooked until it is added to the sauce.

I currently have a beef stew with dumplings cooking away. I can't wait. I've got a thai green curry planned for tomorrow as well. biggrin.gif

Do you mean to tell me you accepted role of P&BSCOC secretary BEFORE you actually owned a slow cooker ??????

Normally an extraordinary general meeting would be called for such a serious offence,but since its you,a wee slap on the wrist will suffice smile.gif

Do you mean to tell me you accepted role of P&BSCOC secretary BEFORE you actually owned a slow cooker ??????

Normally an extraordinary general meeting would be called for such a serious offence,but since its you,a wee slap on the wrist will suffice smile.gif

Yeah, and your mates.

Cooked the beef for 5 1/2 hours was nice. Tasted far better than when we cook it for 1 1/2 hours on the hob. Will leave if for longer next time though, probably 6 1/2 hours.

Will be trying a pork today and will leave that for 5 1/2 hours. It takes less time on the hob so think 5 1/2 should be about right.

A very good investment I think.

They were fantastic. I used half the amount of ingredients I needed to make them, and they still turned out just as big as if I'd used the full lot. I will definitely be doing that again.

Yesterday I made some meatballs in a tomato sauce for the baby. Tin of chopped tomatoes, big squeeze of tomato puree, a bit of oregano, bit of basil, 8 meatballs. Cooked on high for 4 hours, low for another couple of hours. Separated into portions and stuck in the fridge/freezer. Easy. :D

They were fantastic. I used half the amount of ingredients I needed to make them, and they still turned out just as big as if I'd used the full lot. I will definitely be doing that again.

Yesterday I made some meatballs in a tomato sauce for the baby. Tin of chopped tomatoes, big squeeze of tomato puree, a bit of oregano, bit of basil, 8 meatballs. Cooked on high for 4 hours, low for another couple of hours. Separated into portions and stuck in the fridge/freezer. Easy. biggrin.gif

Your certainly now worthy of your position as secretary wink.gif