The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

Found it !!! :)

CHINESE CHICKEN HOT POT

1 whole chicken (or I used some legs and thighs coz there was just two of us)

1 litre water

1 litre chicken stock

500ml chinese cooking wine

125 ml light soy sauce

80ml oyster sauce

75g light brown sugar

4 garlic cloves (bruised)

2" ginger peeled and sliced

3 star anise

1 tsp chinese 5 spice

2 red chillies

Put chicken in slow cooker. Combine all ingredients and pour over chicken Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Remove chicken, strain broth and discard solids. Keep chicken warm ( i removed all skin and bones) Add pak choi (if you like)to stock and put back in slow cooker or in a pan for 5 mins til wilted.

I added a tblsp of fish sauce and juice of half a lime as well.

Put egg noodles in a large bowl, put chcken on top and ladle over broth (as much as you want!!) I also topped mine with more chilli, spring onions and coriander.

This would easily serve 6 if a whole chicken is used. There was loads of broth left (as there was just the 2 of us).

ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!

If you can't get shaosing cooking wine use dry sherry ;)

Right, that's me just got a Mussaman Beef curry on the go.

Fried some ginger and bird's eye chillies, then a couple of red onions and garlic added to it. Fried till softened. Removed onions etc and fried off some beef till it's sealed. Then some Mussaman paste, fried for another couple minutes. Then added a tin of coconut milk, some beef stock and some new potatoes. Brought to boil then put in SC.

Will require 2 hours at medium, then some green pepper added. Then 6-8 hours on low.

Cannae wait tilll this evening!

Right, that's me just got a Mussaman Beef curry on the go.

Fried some ginger and bird's eye chillies, then a couple of red onions and garlic added to it. Fried till softened. Removed onions etc and fried off some beef till it's sealed. Then some Mussaman paste, fried for another couple minutes. Then added a tin of coconut milk, some beef stock and some new potatoes. Brought to boil then put in SC.

Will require 2 hours at medium, then some green pepper added. Then 6-8 hours on low.

Cannae wait tilll this evening!

Well that turned out better than I hoped it would. Beef fell to bits and the sauce was awesome.

Would highly recommend it.

It's so simple to do but the pleasures of returning from work to the mince and tatties I put on around midday at a low heat setting while I did my shift and gobbling it down with white pudding and some crusty bread is hard to beat.

I just sweated off some carrot and onions then browned the mince all in one pot before draining the fat off it all and transfering it to the pre warmed slow cooker. Peeled and chopped a couple of spuds into halfs and threw them in. Added 2 Oxo and a little boiling water from the kettle, stirred in a couple of splashes of Worcester sauce and a dollop of english mustard, some salt and pepper and just fucked off and left it for ages. The preperation time is all of 10 minutes.

Turns out fucking amazing every time.

Edited by Big Gus

Got a bit beef brisket.

Not sure whether to do a curry or traditional stew(with root veg etc). Or any other tried and tested beef recipes, folks????

Massaman curry it is.

UTN will be pleased.

Once a week at the moment, I'm sure coming into winter it will be used even more! ;)

Massaman curry it is.

UTN will be pleased.

Once a week at the moment, I'm sure coming into winter it will be used even more! ;)

Good stuff. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Just a quick correction to the recipe I put up. I forgot to state that you return the onions to the pan after browning the meat.

You can also sprinkle some roasted peanuts over it to eat. Adds a nice texture to it. But taste wise, it doessn't really need them.

You're a credit to the club and a worthy President!

Where do you get Massaman paste?....is it available in the big supermarkets?

Cheers

UTN, I got mine in Tesco in Ayr. It's one of the BART brand pastes. I find them to be the best for when I can't be arsed making a paste from scratch. I've never made Massaman paste though.

President :D

If you remember,I promoted you to this lofty position, after original President, Reina, basically lost interest.

I think I also mentioned as part of your role in office,is you have to invite all P&B SC Members roud for a slow cooker meal to your place!