The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

They are absolutely brilliant machines. I made the pulled pork recipe that Unleash The Nade posted for dinner last night and it was tremendous. His stovies recipe was also superb.... he should write a book!!

I have,it's called "How To Kill Your Friends In Three Easy Recipes!"

What's the third one then? I've tried the first two!

Get a 1lb packet of lean beef mince

Brown in a frypan pouring off excess liquid and add to slow cooker.

Add Chirizo sausage,a tin of chopped tomatoes and a packet of dry chilli con carne mix and cook for 6-7 hours on low heat.(you can add some extra finely chopped fresh chilies for extra kick)

Add a tin of kidney beans and for extra tomato flavouring a tin of heinz baked beans and two-3 cups of rice (brown rice is more flavoursome) and mix well together.

Leave for cooking for another hour.

I,serve with nachos and some grated melted cheese on top

Enjoy

Bought those rich beef stock pots thinking am posh and all that shite, they dont seem any better than ordinery beef, but darker give them that.

When i was a lad .....................

They are OK, but then you are stuck to a set amount of stock, or different strengths. I use the little glass bottles of stock, its like syrup, best stuff other than propperly made stock IMO.

I made UtN's stovie recipe yesterday, was magic! have green dotted you, ha ha!

Get yourself down The Canny Mans (deepest Wan Chai).

That will make you feel like you are back in scotland!

Where is it?

I've been in Wanchai the past two nights and never even seen it.Was in The White Stag and Coyote tonight and The Chilli Club and Spicy Fingers the other night

Never made them in my SC yet but was going to try them next.

I suppose you would just make them the same as normal.

There was a Stovies thread some time ago and there are lots of different recipes,but here's mine.

Peel and slice potatoes into discs approx half a centimetre thick.

Brown off 8 steak slice sausage,drain on kitcehn paper to absorb excess fat,then cut into pieces about one inch square.

Fry one and a half onions gently until golden in colour.

Get a pint of beef stock. A cube will do ,but fresh made or supermarket pre made is better.

In bottom of SC arrange a layer of potato,then add pepper (no salt as you'll get this from stock)

Then add layer of sausage and onion.

Another layer of potato and season,then another of sausage and so on.

Once all layers are complete,pour in stock and cook on low heat for approx 6 hours.

When ready,if all stock hasnt been absorbed,I would drain some off then mash.

Dont mash too much as I think it best if you still have soime chunks of tattie.

Serve with buttered oat cakes, or buttered plain bead ..brown sauce optional

Enjoy

Just for you Ayrgirl.........hopefully enjoy

Get yourself down The Canny Mans (deepest Wan Chai).

That will make you feel like you are back in scotland!

Went there last night.

What a surreal experience.Interior is like an old Scottish Hotel,with wood panelling,open fireplace and stags heads on the walls.

Stovies,Scotch Pies,Sliced Sausage,McSweens haggis on the menu and one of the best whisky collections Ive seen in a bar in or out of Scotland.

A Malaysian guy giving an acoustic session and a few wee pished chinese men,giving it laldy with the singing.

Brilliant place.

Thanks expatowner,cheered me up no end

UtN's stovies are the baws!! i used bovril stock cubes instead and they were magic, loved by all!

Aye, when I made them they were eaten as fast as I was dishing them out! I have a pork shoulder in the SC now for pulled pork, can't wait!

Yesterday for dinner I made peanut chicken, was tasty, would recommend it, here's the recipe:

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cut into strips

1 large red pepper, seeded and sliced into strips

1 large onion, coarsely chopped

100ml (4 fl oz) chicken stock

4 tablespoons soy sauce

1 tablespoon ground cumin

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon dried crushed chillies

salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

2 tablespoons cornflour

175g (6 oz) smooth peanut butter

1 tablespoon soy sauce

4 tablespoons lime juice

3 spring onion, chopped

handful chopped fresh coriander

75g (3 oz) chopped roasted peanurs

Preparation method

1.Place the chicken breast strips, red pepper and onion into a slow cooker. Pour in the chicken stock and 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, then season with cumin, garlic, crushed chillies, salt and pepper. Stir to blend, then cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 to 5 hours. 2.Remove 225ml (8 fl oz) of the liquid from the slow cooker, and mix this with the cornflour, peanut butter, remaining soy sauce and lime juice. This should blend into a fairly thick sauce. Stir the sauce back into the slow cooker, and place the lid on the pot. 3.Cook on high for 30 minutes. Garnish with spring onions, coriander and peanuts to serve.

http://allrecipes.co...ut-chicken.aspx

Edited by sky+remote

Let me know how the pulled pork turns out.

Imho, on a par with the stovies

Was great mate, even better with melted cheese on top! I think I was a little shy with the bonfire rub, i'll know for next time. I prefer stovies, but thats just personal preference, the shear ease of the pork about pulls it level. The smell of the BBQ sauce and pork was right through the house, was so hard to leave it cooking all day!