The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

What BBQ sauce do folks use or anyone have a good recipe to make one??

We use this recipe for our ribs:-

2 pounds pork baby back ribs

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (not mesquite flavored - we use Kraft honey bbq)

1 jar (8 oz. size) cherry jam or preserves

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon salt

Additional salt and black pepper (optional)

Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]

Directions:

Trim excess fat from ribs. Rub 1 teaspoon pepper over ribs. Cut ribs into 2 rib portions; place in crock pot/slow cooker.

Combine barbecue sauce, jam, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl; pour over ribs.

Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until ribs are tender. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve ribs with sauce.

Edited by bluetooner

Finally going to try out BBQ Pulled Pork this weekend

Have the shoulder of pork marinading in BBQ dry rub and BBQ sauce for 24 hours.

Will serve on bread rolls topped with melted chese and jalapenos and a side of cajun wedges

Magic !

Sounds lovely! How long would will it take to get to yours?!

Finally going to try out BBQ Pulled Pork this weekend

Have the shoulder of pork marinading in BBQ dry rub and BBQ sauce for 24 hours.

Will serve on bread rolls topped with melted chese and jalapenos and a side of cajun wedges

Magic !

Can now say this is the bset thing I've made in the slow cooker.

The dogs !!

Can now say this is the bset thing I've made in the slow cooker.

The dogs !!

Calling all P&BSCOC members,you simply must try this as is brilliant and cheapest dish I've cooked.

Shoulder of pork (not rolled and only costs around £5.50 in Asda)

Jar of BBQ Rub

Jar of BBQ sauce

1 Take string netting off the pork and rub inside and out with dry BBQ rub

2 Place in slow cooker fat side up,pour BBQ sauce over and make sure coated top,inside and underneath

Cook on low for 8 hours

Remove joint ,place on baking tray.

Remove any excess fat then with two forks shred all pork meat,so you get consistency like Chinese crispy duck

Pour some of the BBQ sauce/juices from the slow cooker over the shredded meat and mix it all up,taking care not to over saturate the meat with the sauce.

Put on a roll and enjoy !!

For some additional taste ,grate some cheddar over the top of the pork and place a few slices of chilli

Put under grill for half a minute until cheese melts into the pork...Simply delicious

We had mutton gigot chops in the freezer that we'd bought at the farmers market a couple of months ago.

They are in the slow cooker today with some onion, cabbage and stock with a dollop of tomato puree. Will make some mash to go with.

Will report back tomorrow :)

Hi food folk,

I've recently been getting loads of shit for my lack of skills in the kitchen. Now I cooked breaded chicken & chips yesterday but got slated due to the lack of thought I put into it!

Is there anything I can cook that is very easy to do and looks like I have gone to more effort?

Is there another thread for such cooking tips? I appreciate there will be a difference between the cookers you refer to in this thread and the cooker I have.

We had mutton gigot chops in the freezer that we'd bought at the farmers market a couple of months ago.

They are in the slow cooker today with some onion, cabbage and stock with a dollop of tomato puree. Will make some mash to go with.

Will report back tomorrow :)

Very nice, meat fell apart, sauce was thin-ish but tasty and had lovely mash to mop it up. Would do again!

Fancying the pork shoulder though, might try that soon.

Very nice, meat fell apart, sauce was thin-ish but tasty and had lovely mash to mop it up. Would do again!

Fancying the pork shoulder though, might try that soon.

Have also found this with most of my SC dishes.

What I do is remove a few ladelfulls out into a saucepan blend in some cornflour to thicken and away you go.

Glad you fancy trying the pork,you will not be dissapointed !

Hi food folk,

I've recently been getting loads of shit for my lack of skills in the kitchen. Now I cooked breaded chicken & chips yesterday but got slated due to the lack of thought I put into it!

Is there anything I can cook that is very easy to do and looks like I have gone to more effort?

Is there another thread for such cooking tips? I appreciate there will be a difference between the cookers you refer to in this thread and the cooker I have.

This one is a piece of pish,but extremelly tasty

Buy two tins of Asda Healthy Eating Thai Chicken Soup.

Place in a saucepan/frypan along with 4 chicken breasts,bring to the boil then reduce heat to simmer until chicken breasts are cooked through.

(You can reduce cooking time by cutting chicken into 1inch cubes

When chicken cooking,boil enough rice for 4 in a separate saucepan(boil in the bag stuff for simplicity)

Once chicken cooked,remove breasts.

Blend some cornflour/plain flour with water until smooth and add a small part at a time to Thai chicken soup/sauce.stirring all the time until required thickness is achieved.

Return chicken breasts and warm through again for a few minutes.

Serve with rice !..The simplest Thai Chicken curry you'll ever make

Edited by Unleash The Nade

This one is a piece of pish,but extremelly tasty

Buy two tins of Asda Healthy Eating Thai Chicken Soup.

Place in a saucepan/frypan along with 4 chicken breasts,bring to the boil then reduce heat to simmer until chicken breasts are cooked through.

(You can reduce cooking time by cutting chicken into 1inch cubes

When chicken cooking,boil enough rice for 4 in a separate saucepan(boil in the bag stuff for simplicity)

Once chicken cooked,remove breasts.

Blend some cornflour/plain flour with water until smooth and add a small part at a time to Thai chicken soup/sauce.stirring all the time until required thickness is achieved.

Return chicken breasts and warm through again for a few minutes.

Serve with rice !..The simplest Thai Chicken curry you'll ever make

Woah there. I see no mention of a slow cooker :angry: