The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

I'm intrigued but I have my time between getting out my scratcher and going out the front door down to an art form, shit, shower and shave in record time. Are you guys getting out of bed early to prep your meat and veg? Is it really worth it? How long is it taking you to get all your shit together for these recipes? Also I'm out the house for 9-10 hours, is it safe to leave it on for this time?

Convince me P&B SCOC.

I love that, one of my favourites, but I do like a bit of cheese in it.

I made this last night - to make it in a slow cooker, I follow the instructions as written there, but put it all into a slow cooker instead and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. It's really nice and rich and it's very easy to make. A 10/10 recipe for me. Very tasty.

Looks good.

Im going to try American BBQ pulled pork next ,as have tasted it once and was amazing.Think there's recipe demos on Youtube

I'm intrigued but I have my time between getting out my scratcher and going out the front door down to an art form, shit, shower and shave in record time. Are you guys getting out of bed early to prep your meat and veg? Is it really worth it? How long is it taking you to get all your shit together for these recipes? Also I'm out the house for 9-10 hours, is it safe to leave it on for this time?

Convince me P&B SCOC.

Prep it the night before,keep in fridge and throw it in the next morning.

9-10 hours a bit long so either buy a SC with auto setting,or buy a seperate timer switch for your main socket and you can set it to come on when you want

Convince me P&B SCOC.

fnar fnar

I got the bigger slow cooker and I am trying it again today. (since it didn't work well last week - too small)

I browned off braising steak, put in an onion, carrot, mushrooms and added stock with worcester sauce, tomato puree and mustard with a wee bit rosemary.

Hopefully it'll work this week and will be lovely when I get in tonight.

Looks good.

Im going to try American BBQ pulled pork next ,as have tasted it once and was amazing.Think there's recipe demos on Youtube

BBQ and Sweet and Sour sauces are off limits now in our house due to the sugar content :(

I got the bigger slow cooker and I am trying it again today. (since it didn't work well last week - too small)

I browned off braising steak, put in an onion, carrot, mushrooms and added stock with worcester sauce, tomato puree and mustard with a wee bit rosemary.

Hopefully it'll work this week and will be lovely when I get in tonight.

Ive tried browning and non browning of meat before putting it in the cooker and tbh,doesnt make a jot of a difference.

Hope your dish is yummy !

Ive tried browning and non browning of meat before putting it in the cooker and tbh,doesnt make a jot of a difference.

Hope your dish is yummy !

Glad you said that as when I read footiechick's post I though that I had never tried it and was wondering how much of a difference it would make.

Youve saved me the bother :)

I love that, one of my favourites, but I do like a bit of cheese in it.

I made this last night - to make it in a slow cooker, I follow the instructions as written there, but put it all into a slow cooker instead and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. It's really nice and rich and it's very easy to make. A 10/10 recipe for me. Very tasty.

I think I might just have to do that one tomorrow :)

Glad you said that as when I read footiechick's post I though that I had never tried it and was wondering how much of a difference it would make.

Youve saved me the bother smile.gif

The only difference is ...well,....your meat is browner !

If your cooking it for that long it doesnt make any difference

Cue the meat browning brigade !!

post-11253-12688042370241_thumb.jpg

My bad boy....

post-11253-12688042790787_thumb.jpg

with home made lentil and bacon soup

biggrin.gif

edited - the missus is not happy, as I have put too much bacon in it, and she's counting points for fat club.

It's home made soup made with lentils, bacon, tatties, carrot and onion, she will be shiting for Scotland after a bowl, so the extra points will be negated.

Women eh? huh.gif

Edited by kiwififer

That soup looks magic!

I'm doing a lamb rogan josh in mine later for tomorrow's tea smile.gif

Indeed it was and there's boat loads left. Want some?

I have been reliablt told it's 'pointalicsous' and 'calorific' whatever that means...

the good thing about me using the pot for soup, is that the cold weather at night has started, which in turn means that the good weather for home is on the way....

Footiechick, what size did you end up getting to do the two of you??

I wouldn't mind if it was slightly too big right enough as I freeze everything for later consumption anyway smile.gif

I got a 3.5L one. I also looked at a 5L but it was just too big.

The 3.5L is ample for 4 portions I would say.