The Alternative Leigh Griffiths Blog...

St. Starko

The Facebook page is decent for a laugh. Every now and then some spastic turns up and writes a wee personal message to "Leigh".

Has that mad burd been around lately ? Tanya, was it ?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the supermarket there with my wife here in Dallas, and I had my "Wha's In Cherge Here?" t-shirt on. The Arabian lady behind the counter told me she loved my shirt and it had a great message. She and my wife then proceeded to make fun of me for thinking that I was in cherge here. I was going to explain that it was actually Jocky who was in cherge but the sheer force of oestrogen practically knocked me over so I just stood there quietly.

laugh.gif

The fact you're spreading the word of Big Jocky in the USA means you are indeed "in cherge", Swampy. Don't let any Texas-based Arabian, or indeed your good lady wife, tell you any different. biggrin.gif

That sounds like a prime "get them telt" situation you've missed there Swampy, thereby showing you are unequivocally not "In Cherge", poor show old bean.

On a similar note (although without the shame) I was playing 5's a few weeks ago and wearing my "Hiya Leigh, Hiya Pal" t-shirt with Jocky's beautifully moustachioed coupon on the front, one of the boys that doesn't play with us very often came over and said "that Leigh Griffiths Blog is fuckin' teckle eh?" to which I of course replied "aye". Thinking that was the end of it, the teams got picked and was on the opposite side from our fellow blog fan, couple of minutes in I megged one of the usual boys, went down the left, and the bold blog fan sprinted over and absolutely crunched me, "That's you telt" he shouted laughing and jogged off. b*****d was right, I had been "telt", and I cursed the name dundeebarry as I lay in a crumpled heap.

Luckily I'm a rugged Highlander, got up, brushed it off and the boy got shown "Wha was in Cherge" at Strikers, Bridge of Don with a crushing J_Stewart inspired defeat. Take that you Stroke Victim Looking Calamity...FUCKIN' YAAASSSS!!!

laugh.gif

Good work, J.

I've yet to see anyone wearing a RLGB t-shirt. The promise to approach and cuddle the first person I see with one on remains as dangerous as ever.

Im more than happy to let Barry have the final say. But Swampy has bumped a thread with no replys on it for 6 months!

I would suggest this thread goes to Gold and if Barry feels the need to he can start a new thread.

There will be no further updates to the RLGB. Though I had long since finished writing it, the blog thing ended the night I met Leigh at Dens for the book launch we both attended. In my mind it was a fitting conclusion. I don't think I've ever smiled quite so brightly as I did in the photo that was taken of us.

Get this shit in the Gold Forum, Mr X. Quite frankly it's a fucking outrage that it wasn't put in there a long time ago.

Telt! tongue.gif

Not that I've noticed. There's a wee lad who's preaching peace at the moment.

no hate people, if you dont like him then dont like the page

I haven't looked at the FB page for ages. It appears the whole "fake" thing has long since been lost on many folk. Class. biggrin.gif

After our brief yet terrifying chat on FB I never did hear back from the bold Tanya, or indeed the police. Bless her and her astonishing naivety. blink.gif

2700 "likes" by the way, that's fairly baws oot.

I haven't looked at the FB page for ages. It appears the whole "fake" thing has long since been lost on many folk. Class. biggrin.gif

After our brief yet terrifying chat on FB I never did hear back from the bold Tanya, or indeed the police. Bless her and her astonishing naivety. blink.gif

2700 "likes" by the way, that's fairly baws oot.

There's something heart-wrenching about her "I LOVE U SO MUCH????????" post.

In another startling show of the lengths I'll go to to avoid my dissertation, I've just had a jig about with the Facebook page, and you should be able to page down to the bottom and get the whole blog, in order.

In another startling show of the lengths I'll go to to avoid my dissertation, I've just had a jig about with the Facebook page, and you should be able to page down to the bottom and get the whole blog, in order.

Thanks for setting up the FB page, mate. I was sceptical to the whole idea when it was first mentioned but it turned out to be a winner. Some of the Photoshop pics posted on there are absolutely brilliant, and it was a good measure of how the thing took off and became a wee cult hit of sorts.

Cheers! beerchug.gif

Get this shit in the Gold Forum, Mr X. Quite frankly it's a fucking outrage that it wasn't put in there a long time ago.

Telt indeed, I will continue to refuse to renew my Platinum membership until this thread is moved to Gold.

Barry, if you don't mind me asking - what do you do for a living?

This could go one way or another. :lol:

It goes the boring way, Muggy. I do a web/IT-based job for a university over in Fife. Good place to work, and it pays the bills, etc.

On the strength of the LG Blog a couple of cool things happened: I spoke to Christopher Brookmyre on the phone after cheekily calling him out on a thread in the SPL Forum. He very kindly gave me his number, and we eventually met for a pint after a book launch gig he had in Dundee. We met in the Ladywell Tavern (laugh.gifcool.gif) and he offered great encouragement and advice. He put me in touch with a publisher who he thought may have the balls to print the LG Blog. The publisher phoned me to say he liked what I did, but his legal team would actually die of a heart attack if he even put my work on their desk, so it didn't get published. However, he told me to keep in touch and send him anything else I happened to write. Mr Brookmyre said something similar - write something, pass it on and he'll put it out on the line, so to speak, with the hope a suitable literary agent will pick it up and push it for me.

So I'm writing a book. It's weird as f**k, but hopefully good. Watch this space....

I also got a gig at the Courier. I had an opinion piece published at the beginning of February. £50 for 500 words, the easiest and best money I ever made in my life. I received letters of complaint calling me "an utter disgrace". I hope to be asked to contribute again sometime.

Writing shite on P&B has opened a couple of doors for me. I intend on breaking through the c***s and getting my cock out. Yaaaaas! wink.gif

I also got a gig at the Courier. I had an opinion piece published at the beginning of February. £50 for 500 words, the easiest and best money I ever made in my life. I received letters of complaint calling me "an utter disgrace". I hope to be asked to contribute again sometime.

Link?

Link?

They chopped a couple of cracking jokes that were deemed a tad close to the bone (one of which was a peachy Gary Glitter line cool.gif), and edited the last line, which should have read "a field full of cows reared on vindaloo and laxatives" instead of the weak alternative they left in. Very tame by comparison to my offering to P&B, but the target audience is mixed and somewhat conservative. They ain't ready for "dundeebarry" so I played it pretty straight. Really chuffed to get published and paid though. I can't get it online, but here it is:

YESTERDAY MARKED the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s accession to the throne. But not everyone is celebrating. Dundee writer Barry Phillips explains why.

HER MAJESTY the Queen celebrates her diamond jubilee this year, marking a 60-year reign over the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. If you’re anything like me you’ll find this about as newsworthy as reports that a seagull has been spotted in Dundee City Square. Learning that the event was likely to result in a day off work bolstered my enthusiasm somewhat, but then I’d acknowledge a national holiday to commemorate the tragic loss of the Hilltown multis if it meant getting to stay in bed until lunchtime.

In my experience, the Queen’s not particularly popular. Ask the man on the street for his opinion of her and you may hear derogatory remarks and terms like “sponger” and “Radio Ga Ga”. That last guy misunderstood the question, but it’s all too common to hear less-than-complimentary terminology when discussing the Queen and her brood. Upon asking my grandfather what his thoughts were, he growled, “Eh wudnae even let her in the hoose!” That’s quite a statement from a man whom my granny once found kneeling on the living room carpet saying prayers with two Jehovah’s Witnesses when she returned home from the shops.

The fact is, large swathes of the population grudge the royals their luxurious, taxpaye-rfunded lifestyle and the elitist system that

allows a single family to reign over them. Some individuals have gone beyond feelings of disdain into outright crazy territory. Former BBC sports presenter turned writer and public speaker, David Icke, has declared with a disturbingly-straight face that the Queen is – wait for it – a reptilian shapeshifter from outer space. Pause to absorb that for a moment. He really does think the Queen’s a space lizard from the Draco constellation. The only thing I’ve heard as remotely ridiculous was my younger brother’s ludicrously inaccurate assertion that Adolf Hitler was the first man on the moon.

I’m no royalist. I disapprove of the concept of a monarchy, hereditary entitlement and the perceived superiority of those blessed with a silver spoon in their mouth from birth. Yet while I have a healthy disregard for the Queen, I have nothing against Elizabeth Windsor. Strip away the crown, sceptre and robes and she’s an old lady who I’m sure would get on fine with folk in a bingo hall or a night out in the clubbie (“drinks on a tray please,

Liz.”). I’ve been raised to respect my elders, and that respect just about stretches as far as Buckingham Palace.

So, in this Jubilee year, I find myself thinking: Don’t hate the player; hate the game. Besides, anyone who has survived a long marriage to a man who puts his foot in it more often than a blind farmer in a field full of cows is worthy of at least a modicum of respect.

Goodness me! laugh.gif

It's about a footballer called Lee Griffin who plays for Dandee and his jet pack loving manager Jacky Stott. I can't think where he got the idea from?!

Archived