The Alternative Leigh Griffiths Blog...

St. Starko

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THUNDERCATS - HOOOOOOOO!

I shouted this when I scored during 5-a-side tonight :lol:

Once again, brilliant stuff DundeeBarry. I was pishing myself at moments. You bring grown men to pissing themselves, that's a skill only a select few have.

Trying to think of a real being that comes anywhere near 'Jocky's' eccentricity is a hard task. The only two I could think of were Wagner and Ken Dodd. I wonder what it'd be like if they three all met up. :lol:

Sorry, in my own little tangent there, fantastic stuff Barry, tickled as usual.

Chapter 4 is among your finest work yet; several laugh out loud moments, and I was quite touched by the tribute to Billy at the end there. It took a bit of conscious effort to remind myself that that's not actually Billy Dodds but an absurd fictional representation of him - yet it made the tone just right for what did happen at Dundee that day.

Cheers a'body, I appreciate your comments.

Alas, Billy is gone. He served the blog well, and is probably my favourite character behind Jocky. He had a good heart, lived on a bouncy castle and dressed as Macho Man Randy Savage. What's not to like? It was the right time to write him out though, and with Leigh's departure likely in the transfer window I think that'll be the time to call the whole thing to a halt. I realise I've said that before and carried on but I think LG leaving Dens would be the right time to end it. To me it feels like a Dundee thing as much as a LG/Jocky thing and wouldn't be the same when based elsewhere.

Cheers a'body, I appreciate your comments.

Alas, Billy is gone. He served the blog well, and is probably my favourite character behind Jocky. He had a good heart, lived on a bouncy castle and dressed as Macho Man Randy Savage. What's not to like? It was the right time to write him out though, and with Leigh's departure likely in the transfer window I think that'll be the time to call the whole thing to a halt. I realise I've said that before and carried on but I think LG leaving Dens would be the right time to end it. To me it feels like a Dundee thing as much as a LG/Jocky thing and wouldn't be the same when based elsewhere in Perth.

:D

Some good bits in there Barry. I liked this bit best:

'Black sheep huv yi' any wool?' sang the head of Jocky Scott that sat on the platter. 'Yes sir, yes sir, Fairmuir rule. Quiet when the bingo's on, glesses on a tray, should o' smelt the ganja when eh signed in Dr Dre.

What ever happened to Leigh's actual blog? Has he went back to college to take some remedial classes in English? Maybe he's enrolled on the creative writing course?

Maybe he just got back to playing well and scoring goals.

What ever happened to Leigh's actual blog? Has he went back to college to take some remedial classes in English? [speaking of remedial English - "has he gone" not "has he went". ph34r.gif ...I'll fetch my red dot.]Maybe he's enrolled on the creative writing course?

Maybe he just got back to playing well and scoring goals.

In the absence of football -

Successful gig as DundeeBarry's Unreality Consultant, for Chapter 4.

He softened instantly and politely asked if I had the time.

'It's just after...'

'PUNCH IN THE FUCKING PUS TIME! THUNDERCATS - HOOOOOOOO!'

I was literally weeping with laughter at that bit.

Top class, Barry. I'd agree with it coming to an end if LG moves away from Dundee. It wouldn't be the same with it based elsewhere.

Superb work, pal. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is, in all honesty, the best thing about Scottish football in the last two years. Poignant and absurd in the way that only a fucking lunatic who really cares can be. Next to The Walking Dead I'm not sure if there's better fiction right now. I would be stunned if you had to buy a pint out of your own pocket for the rest or your life to be honest, Barry.

Archived