The Alternative Leigh Griffiths Blog...

St. Starko

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said the blog was the work of a "superannuated fanny". Essentially, this says I'm a taxation-paying vagina. While that's true in many ways, it's also deeply insulting. Wha's in cherge here, Cosgrove?

Cheers, Swarley. El Gringo is way ahead of you on the tshirt front. Check this out -

http://scottishfitba...ts/122099/works

Nice!cool.gif

I'd say Ajockalypse now has him TELT!laugh.gif

Only 1 mention of the blog on Sparky's Facebook.

Copy and paste it over here, Derek! I'd be interested to see it, if there's anything worth seeing. I canceled my Pusbook when I got the fear about my work catching on to it. The profanity wouldn't go down well.

I notice the BBC Leigh Griffiths blog hasn't been done for over a month. I wonder if it's anything to do with this blog.

I get the feeling the BBC blog is finished. Chisholm probably put the kibosh on it. I'd like to think I played a role in that decision. cool.gif

I'd say Ajockalypse now has him TELT!laugh.gif

I have nothing against Cosgrove. I admire the man, he's a smart cookie and I'm sure he's a lovely chap to boot. But he hates Dundee and called me out with his comments on We Are Perth (not really, but I took mock offence to it). He's been served his portion of telt. We're square now. Nae bather.

Barry that was once again immense. It's got to the stage now where it's like reading a superb book - you can imagine everything so vividly, there's not just humour but tons of laughter and I don't even realise myself smiling when there's "nice" bits in it.:) It's just brilliantly thought out, well written and the characatures you've given to the people in it are right on the money. I would say keep it up for as long as humanly possible, however that did sound like a great ending, if you like. I'm really not trying to be the pupil giving the master advice if you like, but you could go down the road of maybe a couple of weeks off and writing a special cup final edition where the army storm Hampden at the cup final and get Goodwillie telt? All 11 chapters have been incredible so far.

Copy and paste it over here, Derek! I'd be interested to see it, if there's anything worth seeing.

Can't link his profile directly as he's got it on private (though if you are his friend his mobile number was up anad available). If you go to Soapy's page though he's in his friends under Sparky Griffiths.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Derek-Soutar/100000825026621

25067_111989745491462_100000413101302_167973_7219189_n.jpg

What a gimp.

You'd think footballers would be more careful; just from looking through Derek Soutar's friends you can see that Jackie McNamara 'needs a Magners.' I know he's injured, but fucks sake.

This is the public search listing for Brent Sancho

Because you are logged in and share a network with Brent, you can click through to his profile.

Yas, I share a network with Brent Sancho. I am, in some way, connected to Brent Sancho. Teckle!

Is masturbatory a word or have I just made that up? f**k it, I'm going to go with it.

Not only is it a word but it has legal standing, a sometime acquaintance of mine from university days was once charged with "making obscene masturbatory gestures at Mick Quinn" during a game between Newcastle and Barnsley.

Anyway, I know you've been so showered with praise for this that adding more is pissing in the ocean, but thanks again barry, this was superb. Every week I half expected to be disappointed and to find its moment had passed, but thus far at least it's never happened. And it hasn't happened because, technically, it's actually very good writing, deliberately or not it's been well constructed, the set-ups and the callbacks and the changes in tone, the moments of genuine poignancy in amongst all the comedy and the madness, and guiding us through all of it the likeable character of Leigh himself - the only sane person to have appeared at any stage in the story - muddling through it with just the right degrees of bemusement, horror and whatever else went through his mind. For something thrown together so quickly, I really do think it's outstanding comic writing.

No idea where you can go with it from here, but whether it's on this blog or somewhere else in some other form, please please keep writing somehow and be sure to let us know where we can read it. You have a real talent.

you could go down the road of maybe a couple of weeks off and writing a special cup final edition where the army storm Hampden at the cup final and get Goodwillie telt?

Cheers, fraser.

You read my mind. I'm probably going to take a week or two off writing the blog. Chapter 11 concluded my initial plans. Chapter 12 will be the Scottish Cup Final edition (I've already blasted a few notes on how it's going to go down. Jocky's going to......make his presence felt. Ahem. biggrin.gif )

Plans are forming for ways to continue doing this. I'm having too much fun to stop.

No! Sleep! 'Til Brooklyn!

Not only is it a word but it has legal standing, a sometime acquaintance of mine from university days was once charged with "making obscene masturbatory gestures at Mick Quinn" during a game between Newcastle and Barnsley.

Anyway, I know you've been so showered with praise for this that adding more is pissing in the ocean, but thanks again barry, this was superb. Every week I half expected to be disappointed and to find its moment had passed, but thus far at least it's never happened. And it hasn't happened because, technically, it's actually very good writing, deliberately or not it's been well constructed, the set-ups and the callbacks and the changes in tone, the moments of genuine poignancy in amongst all the comedy and the madness, and guiding us through all of it the likeable character of Leigh himself - the only sane person to have appeared at any stage in the story - muddling through it with just the right degrees of bemusement, horror and whatever else went through his mind. For something thrown together so quickly, I really do think it's outstanding comic writing.

No idea where you can go with it from here, but whether it's on this blog or somewhere else in some other form, please please keep writing somehow and be sure to let us know where we can read it. You have a real talent.

Thanks very much, Yoss. It may be a product of the fact I spent a good portion of today in the pub (with Nizzy and WendyWho? - it was fucking teckle! They're just as fucked up in real life as you imagine they might be reading their posts on P&B), but I'm genuinely touched by that. Kind words indeed, and I appreciate them greatly. Cheers.

As for this - "a sometime acquaintance of mine from university days was once charged with "making obscene masturbatory gestures at Mick Quinn" during a game between Newcastle and Barnsley."

laugh.gif

Fucking yaaaassss! Your sometime acquaintance was right - Mick Quinn's a w****r.biggrin.gif

Actually, I can't believe he got charged with that! Surely a mere hand gesture can't be deemed as obscene! Unless he actually got his sex-wang out and gave it a tug in public.....in which case he's a hero who should be carried shoulder-high and lauded as a champion.

25067_111989745491462_100000413101302_167973_7219189_n.jpg

What a gimp.

You'd think footballers would be more careful; just from looking through Derek Soutar's friends you can see that Jackie McNamara 'needs a Magners.' I know he's injured, but fucks sake.

Jackie is signing on at firhill next year he obviously needs a magners or ten, give the guy a break :-)

Archived