Who Is The Most Out Of The Game Sought After Manager?

jimillfixit

id love to hear your team talks......

Cotter says pull your finger out you shower of f@nnies

you are going to make Cotter angry, and you wouldnt like Cotter when hes angry

biggrin.gif

aye cotter likes a wee rant here n there :D ask big lennox bout my team talks, :D ave got a wee saying,when it rains everybody gets wet :D cheers cotter, a just have a crazy passion :D n shout for 90mins,a think after 1min the players just blank me anyway :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portlander,please,please,please stop taking drugs,think of the children.Dennis Newall blink.gif complete and utter twat.In all the years Ive followed the Pace,I can only think of a few people who have been at the club,who I would describe as twats,hes one.Ask him, same reply everywhere hes been....."aye I was unlucky at Cumbernauld","I was unlucky at the Gow","ah was unlucky at the Pace","ah was unlucky at the Shire".TWAT.Plus he landed us with mate Gordon parks,that make him a double twat mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

totally agree he's a tit

cool.gif

Newall an absolute disaster at the Gow, even got to the level of saying on the club website if you are slagging me at least get my name right(spelling). Newall or Newell, still a fud! How did he get to manage a senior club, no respect for the guy. I had the feeling he thought he was bigger than a wee mining Lanarkshire village, the same village that had the best junior team in the country in the early 90's bar none.

Hope he's out the game, put him in the same bracket as Crilly.

cool.gif

Newall an absolute disaster at the Gow, even got to the level of saying on the club website if you are slagging me at least get my name right(spelling). Newall or Newell, still a fud! How did he get to manage a senior club, no respect for the guy. I had the feeling he thought he was bigger than a wee mining Lanarkshire village, the same village that had the best junior team in the country in the early 90's bar none.

Hope he's out the game, put him in the same bracket as Crilly.

I actually thought Dennis was murder at the Gow ,and if i remember right , we didn`t win a game till near the end of the season when we beat Lanark , but we were down by that point - as for Bobby Crilly , i had a lot of time for him , even though i never played junior for him ( he was my manager at Celtic Boys Club under 14`s ) . He gave all his players good habits , which you never lose as you get older

blink.gif

Yep big man, it's that junior fitba' thing when ye get guys that wind ye up the wrong way, the wee man has let himself down big style at the Gow more than once.

If he's a good coach, respect, I've been there masel at boys club level, and even had big Jim Jeffries as a coach in a previous life, I think everyone knows what he's like!

Dennis Newall FF's, he was worst thing to hit Gow, since the Great Flood in the 20's. That ponce, Parkes, I cant believe he was pro with Dundee United, if that was the case, I should have been a starter for Barca, lol.ph34r.gif

As for suggestions; Derek Ferguson, Rab Sneddon, Billy Whitefield.

• 2 weeks later...

Portlander,please,please,please stop taking drugs,think of the children.Dennis Newall :blink: complete and utter twat.In all the years Ive followed the Pace,I can only think of a few people who have been at the club,who I would describe as twats,hes one.Ask him, same reply everywhere hes been....."aye I was unlucky at Cumbernauld","I was unlucky at the Gow","ah was unlucky at the Pace","ah was unlucky at the Shire".TWAT.Plus he landed us with mate Gordon parks,that make him a double twat :angry::angry::angry:

Did he upset you? Think if you look back when he was at Cumbernauld Utd he won the league around 1993 only having lost a few league games all season and to date Cumbernauld Utd have not won the league. I suppose that is failure? and how long was he at your sacred Dunipace, three months, which, on any of my visits there is a run down dump and its likely you could not afford the guy to be given time or money.

lesmahagow I dont know much about. Were a big club in the 80's that maybe thnik they had a devine right to still be there, bit like Aberdeen Fc, murder supporters who can only look at the past with no direction from the board, easy, blame the manager. Plus do we really know what any manager financial restaints are.

East Stirling Not much can be added other than he had players on £10 per week with some players at Gretna on £1000 per week, I think if you ask around some of the shire supporters he done ok considering the restraints, having beaten a strong Falkirk team to get to the final of the Stirlingshire Cup. and if my memorny serves me well he had a manager of the month award , something at that time was unkown at the club. Bit better now at the Shire, doing great in the league, but with some players wages reported at over £300 per week.

I am not defending just him,. but it annoys me when I see ex mangers getting stick from a few who never know the facts.

Anyway what's Newall doing now? last I heard he was doing a bit on the radio thats on P&B

Ps all the managers mentioned are a loss to the game, but then its only MY opinion

Did he upset you? Think if you look back when he was at Cumbernauld Utd he won the league around 1993 only having lost a few league games all season and to date Cumbernauld Utd have not won the league. I suppose that is failure? and how long was he at your sacred Dunipace, three months, which, on any of my visits there is a run down dump and its likely you could not afford the guy to be given time or money.

lesmahagow I dont know much about. Were a big club in the 80's that maybe thnik they had a devine right to still be there, bit like Aberdeen Fc, murder supporters who can only look at the past with no direction from the board, easy, blame the manager. Plus do we really know what any manager financial restaints are.

East Stirling Not much can be added other than he had players on £10 per week with some players at Gretna on £1000 per week, I think if you ask around some of the shire supporters he done ok considering the restraints, having beaten a strong Falkirk team to get to the final of the Stirlingshire Cup. and if my memorny serves me well he had a manager of the month award , something at that time was unkown at the club. Bit better now at the Shire, doing great in the league, but with some players wages reported at over £300 per week.

I am not defending just him,. but it annoys me when I see ex mangers getting stick from a few who never know the facts.

Anyway what's Newall doing now? last I heard he was doing a bit on the radio thats on P&B

Ps all the managers mentioned are a loss to the game, but then its only MY opinion

[/quo

Good to see your still about Parksy.....................................

[/quo

Good to see your still about Parksy.....................................

Who??

1.Yes Westfield is a run down dump,but its our run down,and to me its the best stadium in europe! :P

2.No money at the Pace?,PISH!!!,I Know for a fact that there was money available.

3.Why the fixation about money?,you mention it in regards to three of his four teams,was the only reason he had success at C.U. because he had money?.

4.Getting to the final of the Stirlingshire cup is success!!!!!!!!!,thats a belter.As for the £10 a week,he certainly let the world know it.

5.Three months at the Pace?,try six,and that was four months too much.

6.Dont forget about Elgin......................................

1.Yes Westfield is a run down dump,but its our run down,and to me its the best stadium in europe! :P

2.No money at the Pace?,PISH!!!,I Know for a fact that there was money available.

3.Why the fixation about money?,you mention it in regards to three of his four teams,was the only reason he had success at C.U. because he had money?.

4.Getting to the final of the Stirlingshire cup is success!!!!!!!!!,thats a belter.As for the £10 a week,he certainly let the world know it.

5.Three months at the Pace?,try six,and that was four months too much.

6.Dont forget about Elgin......................................

[/quote

It seems pointless making any comment as you obviously dont like the guy. I'll leave you to rant about someone else.

Just to get this going who is the most rated out of the game manager

The most notable ones that spring to mind are john conlin, Ronnie Lowrie , Gary Faulds and Jim George are there any others??

i know big sinkys helping at larkhall would love ta see the big fella back at the gowsmile.gif i think he would jump at the chance cant be any worse than what wev gotsad.gif

i know big sinkys helping at larkhall would love ta see the big fella back at the gowsmile.gif i think he would jump at the chance cant be any worse than what wev gotsad.gif

My first posting on this site although I've been following it for some time. Finally been prompted to put in my tuppence worth on this topic. We had Dennis Newall apply at Kilsyth twice for the managers job, first time he got the interview, must say he came across quite well but seemed more concerned about how his office would be furnished than anything else, he never got the job. Second time he never even made the shortlist.

Since then have followed his management career with some amusement, an unmitigated disaster everywhere he has been. He got the East Stirling job because basically no-one else wanted it and he took no wages, the kudos of being a senior manager was reward enough for him but eventually he got the bullet even there. Can't see any other Junior club taking him on now. As for Sinky, a very decent guy, we gave him his first management job but hung on to him at least a year too long, he walked before he was sacked but it could not have been long delayed. He has hardly ben a great success in his subsequent jobs, a good coach perhaps but not a manager. Same as Dougie Bell, came with all the qualifications, big player at Glasgow Rangers and Aberdeen, just could not cut it as a manager, some big name players just do not have the right qualities unfortunately, trouble is when you take them on in their first posting it is your club that suffers and it does take time to find out whether they are going to make it or not. we were very lucky with john Richardson and John Mitchell taking them on in their first job, JR went practically down on his knees to plead for the job and it was his undoubted enthusiasm to be a manager that made the difference. Would have thought that he mnight be in the frame for the Pollok job.

My first posting on this site although I've been following it for some time. Finally been prompted to put in my tuppence worth on this topic. We had Dennis Newall apply at Kilsyth twice for the managers job, first time he got the interview, must say he came across quite well but seemed more concerned about how his office would be furnished than anything else, he never got the job. Second time he never even made the shortlist.

Since then have followed his management career with some amusement, an unmitigated disaster everywhere he has been. He got the East Stirling job because basically no-one else wanted it and he took no wages, the kudos of being a senior manager was reward enough for him but eventually he got the bullet even there. Can't see any other Junior club taking him on now. As for Sinky, a very decent guy, we gave him his first management job but hung on to him at least a year too long, he walked before he was sacked but it could not have been long delayed. He has hardly ben a great success in his subsequent jobs, a good coach perhaps but not a manager. Same as Dougie Bell, came with all the qualifications, big player at Glasgow Rangers and Aberdeen, just could not cut it as a manager, some big name players just do not have the right qualities unfortunately, trouble is when you take them on in their first posting it is your club that suffers and it does take time to find out whether they are going to make it or not. we were very lucky with john Richardson and John Mitchell taking them on in their first job, JR went practically down on his knees to plead for the job and it was his undoubted enthusiasm to be a manager that made the difference. Would have thought that he mnight be in the frame for the Pollok job.

nice to see a kilsyth rangers fan on ! welcome !

interesting comment on our manager JR ... i am just a fan but what i do see is a really really good manager now good to hear he has such determination to be a a manager too! no chance of him going to pollok firstly they would need to pay compensation , secondly we prob have more money to spend than them now , and thirdly he has unfinished bussines at our club and new stadium plans moving forward i cant see him going anywhere touch wood for a while !

Surely Scott Smith is the most sought after manager in the west. Last 16 of the scottish, last 32 of the west, top of the league, 2nd round of the league cup, on a budget of F**k all. How can people mention richardson, he has spent a very large amount of money and has only won 4 league games and is out of the scottish, smith will manage one of the big teams in the next year. I know peter will slaughter me on this but even he must see its only a matter off time for scott to leave.

Surely Scott Smith is the most sought after manager in the west. Last 16 of the scottish, last 32 of the west, top of the league, 2nd round of the league cup, on a budget of F**k all. How can people mention richardson, he has spent a very large amount of money and has only won 4 league games and is out of the scottish, smith will manage one of the big teams in the next year. I know peter will slaughter me on this but even he must see its only a matter off time for scott to leave.

GlensFan your having a laugh big time here !!!

Our manager has a excellent record, took us from central 1st to premier in 2 seasons , winning two league titles , one cup final,a scottish semi last season ( last 16 this season no mean feet ) , a west semi last season ( still in it this season), 6th place finish last season in premier .. taking our club from bottom of junior game to one of the better sides with many memorable moments along the way. This season we have had our problems with injuries etc but if we win on saturday against bellshill we will for sure be fine in premier this season with still 5 more home game to come. Sure our manager has had some funds to bring players in but no more than a lot of sides in junior game , and even with money a manager still has to use his skills to molde a team.

As for big scott smith who i remember so well as a player at the roy , why would he move from a progessive club like glencairn .. good squad , excellent facilities, and no doubt win league this year and will doubt hold there own next year in premier.

Who will he go too as well .. pollok ? a club with high expectations and not as much cash to spend nowadays and behind the scenes problems .. he would not go to the likes of meadow talbot beith kilbirnie top ayrshires sides with established managers , that only leaves arthurlie , us rob roy and not much else and even then we have managers settled and doing good jobs. Smith will go nowhere , he will know he's on to a good thing at glencairns .. seems to me your going on about this glensfan because you want rid of the guy ... MADNESS!

mad.gif

Donny, or is it Noddy?

You say you know little about Lesmahagow, obviously. "Their supporters are murder", just shows you know jack sh*t. Newell was given many chances by the Gow fans, but he was arrogant, thought he was a big-time Charlie, he was a nobody! Should be out of football, done nothing for us.

Archived