Do You Remember When?

MarvMarvSuperMarv

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One for the real old timers, but does anyone recall the first (that I know of) stalking case, back before we had Kiltgate, Kiltgate, Kiltgate, Kiltgate, Eviegate, and Kiltgate? St. Sam and CTWD. Now that was a tale of passion, fear, birthday cards, and stalkery! I'm sure I recall a post where she eventually snapped one day, and listed all the stuff he'd said, done, sent her, and then emphasised that she didn't want to know him. Anyone else remember this, or is my memory playing tricks on me in my old age?

I think we are talking about the same thing. I think it was Monster? who knew or knew her Dad or something like that.

Nah. I think there was a video posted and someone complained saying that their mother was the steward in the video and they wanted it removed. What you're thinking of is the Setanta battery woman. Some guy took a photo of her at Ibrox.

Also the Savo for mod thread annoyed a lot of people, and went on far too long but it's the one and only time i've seen so many P&B members come together and join something and change their sigs for it, which was quite impressive as in reality threads like that from Savo should have had about three responses before moving swiftly down the pages.

I remember when Steven introduced himself to the 1st division forum before we were knocked out the play-offs. It was another 2 years before we were promoted and by then he had 'fallen out of love' with football and/or Raith Rovers. :lol:

I remember when Steven introduced himself to the 1st division forum before we were knocked out the play-offs. It was another 2 years before we were promoted and by then he had 'fallen out of love' with football and/or Raith Rovers. :lol:

It wasn't Steven, it was that thick xenophobe Raith_Saltire that started the thread. Very amusing. Don't see him post here much, which is a shame in that he allowed many point and laugh moments. He even had an avatar of a wee man dropping the union jack in the bin. Biting political satire was his 'thing'.

Remember the Stranraer (I think) version of centralparker? Sure he was called 'tomas_glasgow' or something similar. In fact, given how little centralparker actually posts about Cowdenbeath, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person.

It wasn't Steven, it was that thick xenophobe Raith_Saltire that started the thread. Very amusing. Don't see him post here much, which is a shame in that he allowed many point and laugh moments. He even had an avatar of a wee man dropping the union jack in the bin. Biting political satire was his 'thing'.

Right you are. Aye I remeber him, he was a bit of a tube.

Edit: was he not the one who had an alias he claimed to be his son?

One for the real old timers, but does anyone recall the first (that I know of) stalking case, back before we had Kiltgate, Kiltgate, Kiltgate, Kiltgate, Eviegate, and Kiltgate? St. Sam and CTWD. Now that was a tale of passion, fear, birthday cards, and stalkery! I'm sure I recall a post where she eventually snapped one day, and listed all the stuff he'd said, done, sent her, and then emphasised that she didn't want to know him. Anyone else remember this, or is my memory playing tricks on me in my old age?

Hang on I don't quite follow, who was stalking who, how and why?

A boy once came on here saying that he an his mates were going to do the West Highland Way while pushing their disabled friend in a wheelchair to raise money for charity as it had never been done before.

I and several others claimed this was absolutely impossible. He never did come back on but he knew p&b poster Gaz's sister and 'appartently' they complete it, yet I or no one ever read/heard about this great achievement.

I've always wanted answers.

There's a wheelchair guy down here who climbs mountains.

I don't think that was Db62 was it?

But I remember Ric taking a flakie (what else!) a few years back when there was talk of a Tron sequel...Ric was against it because people were far more computer aware these days, and were no longer willing to believe they could be sucked into a computer and forced to ride a motorbike, and so it wouldn't work.

He'll be foaming at the mouth come December when it's released this year. That was brilliant. It reminds me of the time my pal stated the Narnia movie wasn't as believable as the LOTR movies. When pressed as to why his reply was "it's got talking beavers in it".

Duffman's TV offer that he just couldn't turn down.

Poor old Duffman, what a sucker.

He'll be foaming at the mouth come December when it's released this year. That was brilliant. It reminds me of the time my pal stated the Narnia movie wasn't as believable as the LOTR movies. When pressed as to why his reply was "it's got talking beavers in it".

I know exactly what Ric is getting at with that stuff. Plotting a film like that has to have some sort of credibility, however far the stretch may be. I too remember watching Tron and being a bit pissed off at how daft it was, right up until the point that they got into the computer, at which point it all got to shiny, distracting and interesting. I don't think special effects on their own will work with this.

I know exactly what Ric is getting at with that stuff. Plotting a film like that has to have some sort of credibility, however far the stretch may be. I too remember watching Tron and being a bit pissed off at how daft it was, right up until the point that they got into the computer, at which point it all got to shiny, distracting and interesting. I don't think special effects on their own will work with this.

I know what you mean, this was the same reason that I couldn't enjoy Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.

As for my favourite Pie and Bovril-related moment, it was the Ron Burgundy -vs- Kilt debacle on the Glasgow Airport terrorist attack thread. Some of the beatdowns on that were sublime.

Hang on I don't quite follow, who was stalking who, how and why?

CTWD was stalking Saint Sam. I seem to remember somehting about getting her car burnt out but I don't know if that was a threat he made to her or something. It got quite public and made for some amusing reading.

the Ron Burgundy -vs- Kilt debacle on the Glasgow Airport terrorist attack thread. Some of the beatdowns on that were sublime.

I miss Ron's posting more than any other ex or banned poster. He has a classic sense of humour and is just on the right side of true insanity to make it all the better.

Favourite laugh out loud stuff though was definitely the state of flooring in Kosovo.

CTWD was stalking Saint Sam. I seem to remember somehting about getting her car burnt out but I don't know if that was a threat he made to her or something. It got quite public and made for some amusing reading.

Some of the lengths he went to to try and woo her were amusing/horrific (delete as appropriate).

Archived