Do You Remember When?

MarvMarvSuperMarv

Hibs sympathiser, you seem to have the flair football, honest young scottish laddies blindfold firmly in place.

Hibs are just as pish as everyone else in the league with the exception of having Stokes and Riordan who score at this level.

I didn't say Hibs were good. I said they weren't shite and were miles better than you. Hardly showering them with compliments though. :lol:

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be synex but I got caught up in the name-changing ability when I bought platinum membership (which I did to block the ads so I could browse at work). I don't really have any desire to change again- I'd just became fedup with synex as it was a nickname from when I was 14/15 years old that I didn't really care for anymore.

I assume you do know you can check username history via going into someone's profile, but I accept it is a bit of a hassle to do it for everyone with a platinum membership.

I don't even know how to access PM's anymore!

I don't even know how to access PM's anymore!

Click the downward menu arrow beside your username on the navigation bar at the top and then click "Messages".

The function's changed now so instead of individual messages, future "conversations" are compiled. Your old messages will be archived as separate one post conversations.

Hmm, so Hibs are pish apart from being a bit better.

In a roundabout way yes, they also have had nearly no injuries this season, where we could name a competitive side from our injury list. Hibs are the Haleys comet of Scottish football, burn brightly for a bit then disappear for God knows how long.

I didn't say Hibs were good. I said they weren't shite and were miles better than you. Hardly showering them with compliments though. :lol:

So good that they have failed to beat a terrible Hearts side so far this season, and had until they got a flukey win at Parkhead failed to beat a top six side. I personally dont think they are anywhere near miles better than us.

I think we may be dragging this topic off topic a little. I miss Stenny Hibbee and his love of the good Doctor, also Philomena McCann was ace.

So good that they have failed to beat a terrible Hearts side so far this season, and had until they got a flukey win at Parkhead failed to beat a top six side. I personally dont think they are anywhere near miles better than us.

I think we may be dragging this topic off topic a little. I miss Stenny Hibbee and his love of the good Doctor, also Philomena McCann was ace.

Threads on P and B never stay on topic. That's just a cop out.

Anyway, I am never one to beat a man when he's in denial. I am going to bed. I used to be able to stay up late but with age comes decreased stamina.

Threads on P and B never stay on topic. That's just a cop out.

Anyway, I am never one to beat a man when he's in denial. I am going to bed. I used to be able to stay up late but with age comes decreased stamina.

I do believe ctwd just came.

If your passed it at 22 there is no hope for you.

Well exactly...how DID he get a hold of it if your profile was private?

I suspect you made your page private at some point after creating your page. The fact is that many people create a page on a social networking site not realising that the whole fucking world can see everything that they are posting be it pictures or text. Believe me, Kilt has not the know how to hack someones account so he must have accessed the picture from the PD

So that makes it okay then... :rolleyes:

He's a good bit older I think. At least a decade, maybe more.

I think when back then there was also 'Mythical Creature' (Clyde), 'Butterfly Bairn' (Falkirk) and 'Middleton Mouse' (Falkirk) around. Sam probably posted more often than the latter two but Mythical Creature probably posted even more often. The latter two Falkirk fans still post under different names now though not as often as they maybe did then. Mythical Creature took the huff after a bout of verbals with Joozy about 3 or 4 years back and has barely been seen since. Don't know if she even views much these days though I did tempt her back out with a single post a couple of years back over Clyde matches being postponed at Palmerston. :lol:

Mythical Creature still posts but under a different name. We had a fall out around a year ago and she had a bit of a hissy fit on this forum...

As for Middleton Mouse she now has the (mis)fortune of living with me.

I'll just pretend like you didnt say that first bit. biggrin.gif

You didnt buy a season ticket or go and see us most weeks. We have been fucking brutal for 2years. At least with JJ back at the helm we might play some decent football. Ill take another 5-0 the next time we are up in Perth.

Not if it's anything like his last two years at Rugby Park.

Bigger isn't necessarily the same as better though.

That said, as I said above, generally I prefer the site as it is now compared to how it was 5 years ago plus. Like people who say the football was more enjoyable before the advent of live tv games, etc it's likely most people claiming that "things just ain't like they used to be" have forgotten the bad parts from years ago and just remember what they want to.

Yeah, I did think you and Kev were posting far less often but as I very rarely visit the SPL forum I wasn't sure it was the case. In your case it was fairly clear you weren't on GN as often. Kev never was there much so I was less sure about him.

Baggio doesn't post as much now. I don't think BA (Bairn Again) does either does he? Ruggy certainly doesn't. I don't think David W does though again he's disappeared off to a different division so I'm not sure of it. Joozy pretty much left altogther. Mythical Creature did too. St Sid disappeared overnight a few years ago. Dennybairn still uses the site a fair bit but since he no longer lives in the UK it's not really about football with him.

Actually, just looking at the list of members by "Join Date" order, I'm 48th on the list of existing members and I'm the first with still over 10,000 posts in the post count. Before me, Div (5,077), David W (6,034) and Swarley (5,407) are the only ones over 5,000. Ned Nederlander 90th on the list has 6,717 posts and ICTChris 94th with 6,411. Jim Pansy (101st) is the next one to have over 10,000 posts with 11,077. There are a handful of other prominent names in the next hundred or so Loki (5,624), Frank Booth (7,513), the presently banned Swampy (18,230), RiG (10,744), Thundermonkey (6,758), Ric (25,405 but presently on self imposed sabatical), Bluetooner (6,434), StewartyMac (20,495) and that takes you through the first 6 or 7 months of the sites membership. All of which tends to show that there aren't that many of the sites original stalwarts still posting regularly.

I joined the day this place opened. But I don't see that on the members date joined thingy. Can't remember what member number I was though. I was in the twenties or thirties as far as I remember. Not that it matters. I'm glad some of my post count got binned. It's a bit embarrassing to see how much time I've wasted on here. :P

I joined the day this place opened. But I don't see that on the members date joined thingy. Can't remember what member number I was though. I was in the twenties or thirties as far as I remember. Not that it matters. I'm glad some of my post count got binned. It's a bit embarrassing to see how much time I've wasted on here. :P

I had a wee look at post count and member lists the other day. I am just outside the top 100 posters on here. I find that scary because a) I don't think I post nearly as much as some and b) Although I have been on here since october 2006 I still kinda see myself as a bit of a 'newcomer' espcially compaired with the likes of you, xbl, stewartymac etc. etc.

I did actually have an account registered in 2003, If memory serves me I was the 800th member. I failed to make over about 2 posts on it an didn't read this forum again untill the day I re-registered.

I have to say thank you to everyone that posted on this thread, it was a real trip down memory lane! Frank Booth, Synex, St. Sam, the rapey spectre of CTWD (or Geordie Clyde), Reynard, Skyline Drifter, it feels properly old school. As sad as it sounds, although I agree with SD that I prefer the site with its fluid population and regeneration, I miss the old P&B, and the old SFO. It was so much smaller, and so much more friendly feeling. Also, I think that a lot of the posters that have survived since SFO have proved themselves to be top quality posters. I miss all you guys and guyesses so much!

I had a wee look at post count and member lists the other day. I am just outside the top 100 posters on here. I find that scary because a) I don't think I post nearly as much as some and b) Although I have been on here since october 2006 I still kinda see myself as a bit of a 'newcomer' espcially compaired with the likes of you, xbl, stewartymac etc. etc.

I did actually have an account registered in 2003, If memory serves me I was the 800th member. I failed to make over about 2 posts on it an didn't read this forum again untill the day I re-registered.

I moved across from SFO the day Div announced he got this place up and running. Thinking back on it I am sure I was actually in the teens in terms of member number. Apart from the St.Mirren forums this is the only place I actually came to and posted on. I didn't actually use the internet nearly as much as it looks like from my post count! :P I'm certainly online a lot more now than I was then.

I can't really say I have noticed all that much difference from the early days of it. Apart from more members around. The only forum that was all that busy was the first division one. Mainly because it was full of Falkirk and St.Mirren fans.

The general nonsense forum was somewhere I hardly visited at first. I rarely posted on it back then.

The main thing that has remained for me , is my absolutey incredible ability to miss every single meltdown and scandal that happens on here. I managed to miss the latest Kilt one yesterday or whenever it was. On this thread. <_<

I think this thread has run it's course. Some of the stuff that has been posted in the last few pages is pretty disgusting to be honest. Accusing fellow posters of being a "paedo" is something I'd expect in a playground and not from grown adults.

Get a grip people and think before you post.

Archived