Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Guest ICTFCwife

Springsteen in Dublin,Springsteen in Edinburgh,Springsteen in birmingham you could say I’ve got a “hungry heart”. 

4 hours ago, ICTFCwife said:

Springsteen in Dublin,Springsteen in Edinburgh,Springsteen in birmingham you could say I’ve got a “hungry heart”. 

I would loved to have seen him but it was a bit out of my price range 🙄

On 06/05/2023 at 22:12, Yoss said:

If that *wasn't* your gig of the year then you've got something pretty fucking spectacular coming up.

Otoboke Beaver lived up to my expectations, the support band weren't bad either. Damnably is a really interesting and progressive record label.

IMG_20230505_213811-01.jpeg

Guest ICTFCwife
8 hours ago, guinness said:

I would loved to have seen him but it was a bit out of my price range 🙄

Check on things like gumtree,Facebook marketplace etc I picked up two last minute tickets on gumtree for the Dublin one last week for £65 for two tickets. 

On 01/05/2023 at 11:49, Harry Kinnear said:

Seen James with an orchestra and choir at the Usher Hall on Saturday, decent gig and the addition of the orchestra definitely adds a different dimension to a bands sound.

One sour note for me was the anti Sturgeon comment from Saul. That’s me seen James, Morrissey and John Lydon in the past few years and they have all felt the need to throw in their tuppence on Scottish politics. Just my opinion but no need for it, I’m there to listen to the music and have a good night and don’t care about a band or individual members political persuasion.

See you at Skrewdriver!

£30 for 2 nights in Edinburgh is no bad. Will just have to sell a kidney for accommodation/beer prices.

image.thumb.png.bbff6f14a85db02de081427eba13766e.png

Edited by Comrie

OSees tomorrow night, who are always great. Caroline Polachek next week, then Springsteen at Murrayfield the week after. His gig in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago was the best I've ever been to, so can't wait to do it all again.

Foreigner at the Kalamazoo Wings Event Center last night. The missus got tickets for our youngest's Christmas last year, who just wanted to go to a concert and wasn't too fussed about who it was. They were pretty good and their singer Kelly Hanson, who is in his sixties, was like a yellow-spandexed ferret whipping around the stage (brave for a man that age). I didn't realize that I knew so many Foreigner songs and although I wasn't particularly looking forward to it, I had a ball. Live music is just that fucking awesome. It's funny, though, that the band encouraged the audience to participate in an atmosphere of love, and togetherness, and commune, and unity, and we sang along, and high-fived strangers, and danced, and raised the roof, and did as we were told, then 5 minutes after it's done, six lanes of traffic are merging into one to get out of the parking lot and everyone turns into a p***k again.

Saw Jason Ringenberg (of Jason & The Scorchers) at Ten Bar in Forfar last night.
Absolutely class. Mix of Scorchers, solo stuff and some covers.

Just solo acoustic and a great storyteller.
Wasn't overly familiar with his solo material but was great hearing the stories behind the tunes.

Cracking wee venue too.

Edited by Derek Patterson