Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

We actually googled him as I first thought he was his wee bro

He's been awesome with The Darkness! The Darkness themselves have been awesome since reforming some years back. Firing out bangers and touring all over the place.

Everlong! Perhaps not the thread for it, but I like the version where Grohl starts out himself/acoustic and then the entire band join in near the end (although prefer the full on version in general).

The 'quiet then full band kicks in' works best with Times Like These mind.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Playing Falkirk tomorrow night and we never bothered getting tickets 🙄

Aw man, you've missed out! They have some great tunes. Not just the first two albums that everyone knows! They now have 7 albums! Some better than the others of course (and their first is still the best!) but they have loads of great tunes.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aw man, you've missed out! They have some great tunes. Not just the first two albums that everyone knows! They now have 7 albums! Some better than the others of course (and their first is still the best!) but they have loads of great tunes.

Have to be honest and say I don’t know much of their stuff, they are headlining the Vibration festival tomorrow night in Falkirk about 10 mins from my house and we never bothered with it. 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

That was magnificent. Omar Hakim taking on the Neil Peart role in ‘YYZ’ and absolutely nailing it. So many fantastic moments. The drummers were all brilliant. I love The Struts, and Luke Spiller was perfect for the Freddie Mercury role. Dave Grohl at the start of ‘Times Like These’ though. Jesus, that was a tough watch. I already had huge respect for Grohl, it just went up tenfold. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Have to be honest and say I don’t know much of their stuff, they are headlining the Vibration festival tomorrow night in Falkirk about 10 mins from my house and we never bothered with it. 

I'm a big fan! They have a lot of brilliant tunes after the first two albums (their two best in my opinion). If you want examples, look up 'Barbarian' 'Open Fire', 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us', 'She's Just A Girl Eddie', 'Rock In Space' and 'Welcome Tae Glasgae' for starters.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm a big fan! They have a lot of brilliant tunes after the first two albums (their two best in my opinion). If you want examples, look up 'Barbarian' 'Open Fire', 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us', 'She's Just A Girl Eddie', 'Rock In Space' and 'Welcome Tae Glasgae' for starters.

The Darkness are a fantastic live band. Last time I saw them though, the first half of the set was the entire ‘Easter is Cancelled’ album - a mistake. Then they knocked the roof off the 02 Academy. Brilliant… just don’t play a pretty weak album in its entirety though. Cherry pick lads.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The Darkness are a fantastic live band. Last time I saw them though, the first half of the set was the entire ‘Easter is Cancelled’ album - a mistake. Then they knocked the roof off the 02 Academy. Brilliant… just don’t play a pretty weak album in its entirety though. Cherry pick lads.

Haha aye, agreed. They have enough great tunes to play a great show.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

That was magnificent. Omar Hakim taking on the Neil Peart role in ‘YYZ’ and absolutely nailing it. So many fantastic moments. The drummers were all brilliant. I love The Struts, and Luke Spiller was perfect for the Freddie Mercury role. Dave Grohl at the start of ‘Times Like These’ though. Jesus, that was a tough watch. I already had huge respect for Grohl, it just went up tenfold. 

Neil Peart is obviously irreplaceable but what a job Dave and Omar did. Fucking incredible little set 🤘

Arcade Fire were ace at Manchester. Hadn't seen them before and was genuinely a bit emosh at some of the Funeral stuff! 

They have been playing covers related to the cities they've been playing. We got New Order's "Temptation" last night. The two nights in Dublin saw U2 and Cranberries covers, though bizarrely the Birmingham cover was "Bittersweet Symphony"? 

Wonder what they'll do in Glasgow? 

PXL_20220903_213740983.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.c063d0dbed60227e7c94a0f9a8fafb2b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Arcade Fire were ace at Manchester. Hadn't seen them before and was genuinely a bit emosh at some of the Funeral stuff! 

They have been playing covers related to the cities they've been playing. We got New Order's "Temptation" last night. The two nights in Dublin saw U2 and Cranberries covers, though bizarrely the Birmingham cover was "Bittersweet Symphony"? 

Wonder what they'll do in Glasgow? 

PXL_20220903_213740983.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.c063d0dbed60227e7c94a0f9a8fafb2b.jpg

We got Jim Kerr from Simple Minds last time as a guest act, hopefully something different tomorrow!

13 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

We got Jim Kerr from Simple Minds last time as a guest act, hopefully something different tomorrow!

I didn’t think the Jim Kerr bit really worked last time, or fitted with the rest of the show. 

Count me in for tonight too; I’m still going. I still think they’re one of the best live acts going so, if this is the last chance for a while, I want to see it. 

The Wedding Present at Paradiso Amsterdam, 30th anniversary Seamonsters tour.

Brilliant as always! I bloody love The Weddoes.

First saw them at Barrowlands in 1988 supported by the inspiral carpets ( pre Tom hingley ) I recall after the inspirals set one of their roadies was packing away their stuff and he had the same haircut as Clint Boon and folk were laughing at him and throwing empty plastic glasses at him....turns out it was Noel Gallagher.

IMG_20220905_221021.jpg