Gigs

pilsner_ffc

7 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Paloma Faith in Dundee tonight. Shame the weather forecast is looking horrible.

Seen her at Carlisle Race's she's got a surprisingly good voice😁 But she kept  going on about putting the world to rights 🙄

Pixies at the corn exchange tonight (I refuse to call it the O2 academy), brilliant as always albeit Frank is more and more like a crabbit auld man every time haha. Zero crowd interaction as per but to the point he turned away between pretty much every song so he didn't even have to look at the crowd.

Edited by cb_diamond

On 04/08/2022 at 00:18, cb_diamond said:

Pixies at the corn exchange tonight (I refuse to call it the O2 academy), brilliant as always albeit Frank is more and more like a crabbit auld man every time haha. Zero crowd interaction as per but to the point he turned away between pretty much every song so he didn't even have to look at the crowd.

Saw them at the Bandstand in Kelvingrove. Absolutely fantastic. My favourite live band and I was there with my eldest boy for his first gig. He loved it.

Tons of Doolittle and loads of Surfer Rosa stuff. Nae encore but after 30 odd songs I can handle that.

26 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

Saw them at the Bandstand in Kelvingrove. Absolutely fantastic. My favourite live band and I was there with my eldest boy for his first gig. He loved it.

Tons of Doolittle and loads of Surfer Rosa stuff. Nae encore but after 30 odd songs I can handle that.

Was the same in Edina, 30 songs no encore. Ironically I had never seen them live before July of this year and then saw them twice in about 25 days 😂

King Creosote at Kelvingrove Bandstand last night playing From Scotland With Love in full.

Perfect summer evening, majestic album, poignant footage. Really enjoyed it.

Last time I saw him was in mid-March 2020 - the last ‘normal’ thing I did for a wee while. Fingers crossed that it’s not an omen.

61D74F87-75ED-49E9-A2B3-F850C53E7EE8.jpeg

Was at Simple Minds in Princes Street Gardens last night, they always put on a good show, no exception last night. Must have bought the tickets almost 3 years ago, was originally meant to be August 2020. 😀

It was labelled a greatest hits show, so there were some songs I could have lived without, Belfast Child never seemed to end.

Annoyingly they more recently added a second night tonight and are playing New Gold Dream all the way through plus some hits, that would have been much more up my street. 

I've been at a wee run of gigs at the Kelvingrove Bandstand which really is a special venue, particularly in the recent great weather. Pixies were the stand-out but also The Jesus and Mary Chain on Friday then Altered Images and Edwyn Collins last He's an inspiring character and, going by posts in the Motherwell thread, a top bloke to boot.9f524555fdd8e66fe308a396d858654e.jpg

Somehow just found out there was a music/gig thread on here... Anyway, this past week I've had Nekrogoblikon (Classic Grand), Combichrist (Cathouse) and Travis (Princes St Gardens). Next up is Machine Head at The Garage on the 31st, and another 10 booked between September-March.

• 2 weeks later...