Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I've got Wet Leg at the Mash House tomorrow.

I know opinions vary on whether the substance matches the hype (probably not tbh, but that says more about the hype), but it feels a bit surreal to be going to see them in such a cosy setting given the way their popularity has exploded in the months since it booked and sold out - indeed they're already selling out much bigger venues for later in the year.

So first up, credit it to them for not moving the gig. And then I hope both they and everyone else there enjoys and makes the most of the fact that it'll be the last chance to see them on a knee-high stage in a cavern off the Cowgate for the foreseeable future. (At least until they're on the way back down, which will be a whole different vibe.)

On 16/04/2022 at 18:05, Yoss said:

I've got Wet Leg at the Mash House tomorrow.

I know opinions vary on whether the substance matches the hype (probably not tbh, but that says more about the hype), but it feels a bit surreal to be going to see them in such a cosy setting given the way their popularity has exploded in the months since it booked and sold out - indeed they're already selling out much bigger venues for later in the year.

So first up, credit it to them for not moving the gig. And then I hope both they and everyone else there enjoys and makes the most of the fact that it'll be the last chance to see them on a knee-high stage in a cavern off the Cowgate for the foreseeable future. (At least until they're on the way back down, which will be a whole different vibe.)

Yeah that was good fun.

Rage against the machine.  Fucking wankers.  I bought tickets to Leeds festival last week as I waited and waited to see if they’d announce a gig in Scotland.  Playing Edinburgh on the 24th August.  Will need to sell those Leeds tickets now.

Also I’ve put them up on sale for £80 instead of the £96.  So if you want them cheap they are on Ticketmaster.  Fucking joke of a website.

Edited by Lofarl

45 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Rage against the machine.  Fucking wankers.  I bought tickets to Leeds festival last week as I waited and waited to see if they’d announce a gig in Scotland.  Playing Edinburgh on the 24th August.  Will need to sell those Leeds tickets now.

Also I’ve put them up on sale for £80 instead of the £96.  So if you want them cheap they are on Ticketmaster.  Fucking joke of a website.

Thanks for the heads up. Means I can ditch any considerations of going to that joke festival.

Looks like a mad scramble tomorrow morning for tickets for Edinburgh

Really

Ah man
I don’t really wanna go to Leeds- how likely is it you will sell tix
I’ve got two now but would much rather go to Edinburgh

8 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Really

Ah man
I don’t really wanna go to Leeds- how likely is it you will sell tix
I’ve got two now but would much rather go to Edinburgh

Well mine sold today.  But I've a feeling a large group of people were like me and bought tickets just for Rage.  I'd hope that the Edinburgh tickets won't sell out fast.  And if they do, I'll buy a resale ticket for leeds again.

Well mine sold today.  But I've a feeling a large group of people were like me and bought tickets just for Rage.  I'd hope that the Edinburgh tickets won't sell out fast.  And if they do, I'll buy a resale ticket for leeds again.

Yeah I only bought for rage (well my daughter wants to go and see Mansekin) I’ll get tickets for Edinburghtoo
Haven’t see. Then since Evil Empire tour at Barras (£10 ticket btw !!)

It’s a bit mental, but i couldn’t stop myself. Gig tickets are ridiculous now

I’m just not used to it most I pay is 30 quid

Anyway lure was too much taking eldest
Paid for limited car parking too
Still going to Leeds on the Friday

Should be great