Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I still have all the tickets from every gig I've ever been to. I've just gone through and the total cost - not including the various bullshit fees which aren't on all of them or any of the postage or any travel where necessary - comes to £1,764.07.

On 01/04/2022 at 15:24, Paul Kersey said:

Jeff Wayne War of the Worlds at the Hydro tomorrow.

I've been self isolating all week due to covid but LFTs taken yesterday and today are both negative so I'm safe to go.

TBH it would have been a great example of life imitating art if I took a deadly virus into the gig and infected everybody.

A very slick performance. I was slightly alarmed when I saw that they had Claire from Steps in the Julie Covington role and Duncan from Blue playing the Phil Lynott part, but they were both professional and they just about pulled it off. 

Twilight Sad.

My first gig since December.

Trying to be objective here, but it's either tonight or Mogwai 20th 2015 going out there as my favourite ever gig at the Barrowlands.

Booked tonight 865 days ago, feels really cathartic to get it over with.

One rescheduled gig (Pictish Trail) and one rescheduled holiday to go, and then we're back on an even keel...

20ab34beb900665de7fc691e052163ce.jpg
I took a friend's spare ticket and didn't know much of their stuff until listening over the last few weeks but really enjoyed it.

Started up the back but made our way further down. eb158d12b25c98df9e1050854579beac.jpg

16 hours ago, philpy said:

Simple minds at the hydro this coming Wednesday. 

Oh, does anyone know if the tunnel from the station across to the hydro is still open??

The tunnel is open. I was at the Hydro on Saturday and I walked through it. 

On 03/04/2022 at 00:14, Paul Kersey said:

A very slick performance. I was slightly alarmed when I saw that they had Claire from Steps in the Julie Covington role and Duncan from Blue playing the Phil Lynott part, but they were both professional and they just about pulled it off. 

I would have loved to have gone to this. UUULLLAAA! Out of interest, who played the David Essex part?

10 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

I would have loved to have gone to this. UUULLLAAA! Out of interest, who played the David Essex part?

The David Essex part, i.e. The Artilleryman was played by Kevin Clifton, of Strictly Come Dancing fame. He was pretty hammy, completely overacted the role. But the whole show is OTT, so he wasn't out of place.

Got Frank Turner at Leeds on Tuesday acoustic show
Booking shows slowly again for this year
Had foxing at Scala but they cancelled (and never said why)
Bad Religion in June
RATM at Leeds festival
Probs Anthrax in Oct
Belle and Sebastian in Nov
Skid Row in Nov

Was at Turnstile in Leeds in Feb and as others have said felt cathartic getting back to shows

7e350ee8-9818-4147-a208-e1b3bb41a642.jpgIMG_6385.jpg

1 hour ago, philpy said:

We were standing near the front, brilliant atmosphere.  f**k sitting in those seats away up the top!!

I was standing about halfway back middleish so a decent spot 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Until yesterday I'd forgotten how much of a pain in the arse to get back into the city centre after a gig at the hydro.

The train station being closed won't have helped. At least it'll be back open in a few weeks time.

On 02/04/2022 at 14:45, Miguel Sanchez said:

I still have all the tickets from every gig I've ever been to. I've just gone through and the total cost - not including the various bullshit fees which aren't on all of them or any of the postage or any travel where necessary - comes to £1,764.07.

Had you been old enough it could have been £1765.07 ...

zeps.jpg.8a1733f0359f1369d54644562ec9d64e.jpg

On 07/04/2022 at 11:02, paul-r-cfc said:

Just realised that the Killers gig is the same night as Scotland Ukraine so will be looking to punt them or ideally swap them for the previous night if that game ends up doubling up as a play off as has been discussed.

Would be some laugh if the Killers ended up qualifying.