Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Skids/Big Country gig at Glen Pavilion Dunfermline off now.
But knowing my luck I bet the Carol Singers at The Fire Station that my Mrs got us tickets for on Sunday still goes ahead!
I also have to endure The Strictly final on Saturday night now, unless I go out and support the hospitality sector for a few hours!

• 3 weeks later...

Going to Idles who play three nights in Manchester next weekend and I had plumped for the first night (Friday 28th). Now see Porridge Radio are playing Blackpool on the same night and want to see them, could have chosen any other Idles night and caught both, GAH! 

Solution....I am now heading to Wrexham on the Saturday night to see Porridge Radio there instead. Wrexham at home in the Conference that afternoon so might as well make a day of it! 

Edited by Christophe

The selecter at the usher Hall last night. On top form as usual.  They were supporting "from the jam", who we ended up missing as the wife wasn't well. We were on the guest list, so no money lost. 

20220128_203239.jpg

20220128_200800.jpg

20220128_200800.jpg

3 minutes ago, Christophe said:

IDLES in Manchester last night, good support slots from Jehnny Beth and Big Joanie too. Was supposed to see Porridge Radio tonight but they've been hit by a dose of the covid so resting my battered IDLES crowd body insteadPXL_20220128_220019377.thumb.jpg.e90f3153d9eb345576edc6bb740df303.jpg

That's a beltin' photo mate! 👍

42 years ago tonight, The Ramones at The Apollo.
The Clash 3 times the week before.
Was also at those gigs!
Remember the Ramones one was the only time I was in front row of the stalls.... ma neck was goupin lookin up!!! [emoji16]
The Boys supported them that night, really liked them too back then! [emoji106]

1 minute ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Was also at those gigs!
Remember the Ramones one was the only time I was in front row of the stalls.... ma neck was goupin lookin up!!! emoji16.png
The Boys supported them that night, really liked them too back then! emoji106.png

Aye, I like The Ramones better now than I did then. It was The Boys I went to see, but wasn't sure if anybody else remembered them. I never understood why they weren't bigger, very commercial sound.

I was never in The Apollo, heard so many stories about the place, feel I really missed out.

The receptionist in my work told me she used to work in there as a youngster, told me she met basically everyone and anyone, was particularly impressed / jealous when she mentioned she'd met both David Bowie and The Who...!!

Edited by KirkySuperSub