Gigs

pilsner_ffc

King Creosote tonight. And thanks to coronavirus, that might well be it, darling.

If this is my last gig for a while it's not a bad way to end.

He's a musical hero of mine, generally so but particularly attending a good few of his 50 shows for his 50th in the East Neuk Hotel at the end of 2017 dug me out of a pretty bleak hole following the end of a relationship. Genuinely it gave me a wee community to hold onto and something to look forward to.

Feeling pretty bleak tonight for other personal reasons, so I'm hoping he pulls me through again!

No pressure Kenners.

Ps. Hoping that (a) I get a ticket for Mogwai in Strathpeffer tomorrow and (b) it goes ahead in April. The venue is conveniently just shy of 500.

21 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

King Creosote tonight. And thanks to coronavirus, that might well be it, darling.

If this is my last gig for a while it's not a bad way to end.

He's a musical hero of mine, generally so but particularly attending a good few of his 50 shows for his 50th in the East Neuk Hotel at the end of 2017 dug me out of a pretty bleak hole following the end of a relationship. Genuinely it gave me a wee community to hold onto and something to look forward to.

Feeling pretty bleak tonight for other personal reasons, so I'm hoping he pulls me through again!

No pressure Kenners.

Ps. Hoping that (a) I get a ticket for Mogwai in Strathpeffer tomorrow and (b) it goes ahead in April. The venue is conveniently just shy of 500.

I love King Creosote only managed to see him live once in Groningen and that was years ago, 2006 i think. 

My mate has been his sound tech on this recent tour. 

17 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
19 hours ago, stevieKTID said:
I love King Creosote only managed to see him live once in Groningen and that was years ago, 2006 i think. 
My mate has been his sound tech on this recent tour. 

If he was working last night, he did a grand job!

Yeah he was on the mixing desk, saw a couple of photos taken from his viewpoint, would love to see From Scotland with Love live, i'll make do with the dvd. 

Guest Moomintroll
Embrace last night at O2 Academy. Good show with all the classics and could be the last for a while. Starsailor supporting were quite good too.
James Walsh has written some great songs, still remember just going in to watch them at a festival a while back cause there was nothing else really on & coming out the tent having sung pretty much every word. Excellent live band.

21 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
On 14/03/2020 at 21:25, Willow Rosenberg said:
Really wish I got a ticket for that when I had the chance now. Would have been a good last gig for a while.

Folk with spare tickets outside as per usual.

Was other things that meant I had a certain window. There was loads of tickets.

Couple of good venues in Glasgow and Edinburgh launches crowdfunders to ensure they stay afloat. Have donated to Mono and The Hug & Pint so far, and will do so with Stereo when I get paid next week. There’s one for Sneaky Pete’s as well.

Would be a shame if any of these were to go under. The Hug & Pint is one of the best venues Scotland has ever had.

• 1 month later...
On 20/05/2020 at 11:09, Aladdin said:

And no real chance of a rescheduled date before next summer.

Annoyingly, if refunds are claimed once the new date is announced, you lose the booking fee to ticketmaster.

I also read someone on twitter saying that if you do claim a refund for any show, you won’t get the money until after the rescheduled show happens which will be next year? TicketWanker taking the piss as per.