Gigs

pilsner_ffc

47 minutes ago, Oscar Wilder said:

How was the gig, had to miss it due to the weather!! emoji17.png

It was great. Spanish Love Songs were terrific, I think they have a real future.

The Menzingers played a monster set, I really couldn't think of many songs they didnt play that I'd have wanted to see. The only wee niggle is that one of the vocalists (they take turns on different songs) sounds great on record but really not great live. Not a big deal for a band like that really though. 

Tickets arrived today for Tide Lines at the Kelvingrove bandstand. Also, was deleted to be informed by one of my fourth years that the Greenday, Fallout Boy and Weezer gig had been moved to the Green, making more tickets available. Wanted to see Green Day for years, so that'll be class, with the other two as a bonus!

Knowing my luck it'll pish it down for both though....

Next up for me is The Menzingers in London on Saturday. Going to book the Friday at Leeds Festival as well.

Have tickets for my sixth year in a row at 2000 Trees in July but I'm getting a bit worried at the moment that it's going to lose its magic with the increased capacity and price with a similar size lineup. Early days still though so I'm hoping that they have something big lined up.

It was great. Spanish Love Songs were terrific, I think they have a real future.
The Menzingers played a monster set, I really couldn't think of many songs they didnt play that I'd have wanted to see. The only wee niggle is that one of the vocalists (they take turns on different songs) sounds great on record but really not great live. Not a big deal for a band like that really though. 
Gutted to have missed this, sounds like a great night though!!

2 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Really fancy the guns n roses gig but can't get time off work. Anyone any ideas what time they are likely to come on

I think they've been a bit better about getting on before 10pm.

6 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Really fancy the guns n roses gig but can't get time off work. Anyone any ideas what time they are likely to come on

With Axl f**k knows.  But in all honesty they would probably go on stage about 8.  So far I have read nothing about support acts which is concerning.  Green Day, the day before, who I'm not really into have Weezer and Fallout Boy as support acts.  So its worth the £80 ticket price for 3 well known bands.  But I am not paying that just for GNR.  I know in America the Smashing Pumpkins are opening for them for a few gigs.  If they are opening for them here then I will pony up.

Also I have just bought tickets for Friday at Leeds festival just to see Rage against the Machine.  I had this panic moment last night thinking that since they are only playing two gigs in the UK they might sell out super fast and I was not risking waiting till I was home from work.  So this morning I was frantically refreshing ticketmaster for tickets at work.  f**k you I won't do what you pay me!

10 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

About 19.30 would be my guess. Maybe 15-20 minutes later.

Oh, and Guns N Roses haven't been late for ages. They'll be on time.

I’d imagine they’ll be on about 8:30 - 9pm as they’ll need to be done by 11pm for noise laws and all that pish. Still disappointed they didn’t do a stadium gig on a weekend night up here.

Also I have just bought tickets for Friday at Leeds festival just to see Rage against the Machine.

I seen RATM at Reading in 2000 so not all that fussed. Fed up of their disbanding and reforming for a pay day pish. They’re coming in for a fair bit of stick for the obscene prices they’re charging for a ticket to their U.S tour dates as well.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’d imagine they’ll be on about 8:30 - 9pm as they’ll need to be done by 11pm for noise laws and all that pish. Still disappointed they didn’t do a stadium gig on a weekend night up here.

If it's their usual set time and not shorter, it'll be much much earlier than that they start. They did three hours and a half at Download when they played there.

A week ago tonight I was at Carly Rae Jepsen at the Victoria Warehouse in Manchester. As you'd expect from one of the great recording artists of our time, it was a strong set list and a really charismatic performance. Top marks to Carly, though the venue was a bit pish.

Since then, I got a ticket for Suede at the Usher Hall in the autumn. It'll be the first time I've seen them since their "farewell" tour in 2003. They're playing Coming Up in full... A perfectly decent album, but I can't listen to it (I tried again this week) without feeling it was the sound of a band losing their magic... Still, the album's not that long so they'll hopefully "pad out" their set with some classics!

On 14/02/2020 at 08:23, 8MileBU said:

I seen RATM at Reading in 2000 so not all that fussed. Fed up of their disbanding and reforming for a pay day pish. They’re coming in for a fair bit of stick for the obscene prices they’re charging for a ticket to their U.S tour dates as well.

I was reading Tom Morelos tweets trying to stamp out that fire.  Apparently aside from some charity tickets that are stupidity overpriced to begin with, every single ticket they sell costs about $120.  But just about every shows tickets have been bought by scalpers who have jacked up the prices to stupid amounts.  I seen over $1.4K for tickets.  

I don’t understand why sites like ticketmaster don’t lock in resell fees to be within a few £ of what was paid.  Oh yeah I do.  Commission fees

Edited by Lofarl

I was reading Tom Morelos tweets trying to stamp out that fire.  Apparently aside from some charity tickets that are stupidity overpriced to begin with, every single ticket they sell costs about $120.  But just about every shows tickets have been bought by scalpers who have jacked up the prices to stupid amounts.  I seen over $1.4K for tickets.  

I don’t understand why sites like ticketmaster don’t lock in resell fees to be within a few £ of what was paid.  Oh yeah I do.  Commission fees

He seems to be perfectly happy with the fact that regular, non charity tickets can cost $125, and that “charity” tickets can cost up to $500.

On 14/02/2020 at 08:29, Willow Rosenberg said:

If it's their usual set time and not shorter, it'll be much much earlier than that they start. They did three hours and a half at Download when they played there.

Yeah, this. I saw them in Dublin in 2017 and it was two and a half hours. Then saw them in Barcelona in 2018 and it was well over 3 hours. Id imagine stage time for them will be about half seven. Gates are at five. Their support bands over the past few years have been quite variable in quality. In Ireland they had Royal Blood and Mark Lanegan, who were both superb. In Barça, it was Volbeat, who albeit a more "niche" band were also excellent. My mate saw them at Wembley and they got the Kills who are garbage.

Edited by cb_diamond

5 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Yeah, this. I saw them in Dublin in 2017 and it was two and a half hours. Then saw them in Barcelona in 2018 and it was well over 3 hours. Id imagine stage time for them will be about half seven. Gates are at five. Their support bands over the past few years have been quite variable in quality. In Ireland they had Royal Blood and Mark Lanegan, who were both superb. In Barça, it was Volbeat, who albeit a more "niche" band were also excellent. My mate saw them at Wembley and they got the Kills who are garbage.

f**k off the Kills are amazing 

I saw GnR in 2012 and they had Thin Lizzy as support.  Set lasted for over 3hrs.  So you get your moneys worth.  But after 2hrs you are fucked and wont want to jump around to Paradise City.