Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Felice Brothers were outstanding. I still haven't seen Ballad of Lou The Welterweight live, but I did get my favourite song (Wonderful Life).

Of the 6 cc gigs I've been to so far this year, I've seen 2 good shows and 3 great ones. Tyler Childers, Frazey Ford and now Felice Brothers were all excellent gigs.

Milk Carton Kids next.

I'm a bit sniffy about legacy / retro acts living off past glories, but then I'll probably be seeing the Pixies at End of the Road later in the year and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that, even if they were the best band in the world thirty years ago.

(To be fair they were already a retro act by the time I actually did see them in 2005, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.)

2 hours ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

What's wrong with a nostalgia fest?

It was nice seeing Slash and Duff back in the band initially and hearing them playing those songs but it's been 4 years now.

Don't expect them to still try and make out they're the "most dangerous band in the world" in their 50s but it'd be nice if they still had something to say and put out new material.

Guns was my favourite band growing up but it's just getting a bit too Butlins now.

21 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:

It was nice seeing Slash and Duff back in the band initially and hearing them playing those songs but it's been 4 years now.

Don't expect them to still try and make out they're the "most dangerous band in the world" in their 50s but it'd be nice if they still had something to say and put out new material.

Guns was my favourite band growing up but it's just getting a bit too Butlins now.

I'm still not seeing anything wrong here.

37 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Register for gigs in Scotland, you get in their presale. I’ve just bought 4 tickets

Yeah, registered for Live Nation.

They've got presale as well without needing to pay the Membership Fee.

On 28/01/2020 at 17:07, Willow Rosenberg said:

What's wrong with a nostalgia fest?

Nothing if that's your thing, I guess. Just doesn't interest me, personally.

I love live music for its creative energy.