Gigs

pilsner_ffc

2 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Caught Foo Fighters on Saturday and then last night again in Belfast. Superb live band, made all the better last night by my mates five year old son being brought on stage to rock out with the band.

You knew that kid? He was killing it! 

You knew that kid? He was killing it! 
I do, I'm very good mates with his parents. Actually stayed at his house last and again tonight. Today has been a media frenzy, trip to UTV, had the BBC come visit, his mum has been on the phone to media outlets all day. It's all absolutely surreal and I'm made up for him, he's still buzzing about it.

On 19/08/2019 at 08:11, GrahamJags said:

The Cure on Friday was (mud aside) as good a gig as I’ve ever been to. They, The Twilight Sad and Mogwai were all incredible. Special mention to James Graham who managed to get through Keep Yourself Warm (again) despite it clearly being it more difficult than usual. His beaming smile at the end of their set was fucking amazing.

Foo Fighters were also great. I’m not a massive fan generally, but they are a consistently phenomenal live act. Could’ve maybe done with less padding out of tunes though.

The sound for both days was fantastic. Foos in particular. People talking about hearing them from 5 miles away, they must’ve thought there was a nuclear apocalypse when Mogwai were on the day before.

I read an interview with Stuart from Mogwai a few weeks ago where he said he wasn't sure what they were going to play, since they're a difficult band as a support since a lot of their songs don't have lyrics and are quite long. If people aren't there to see them they might not be into hearing something that's a lot of noise with no discernible typical song structure

Which I found quite amusing when I could clearly hear Old Poisons from just over a mile away

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

That is indeed Taylor, who is actually named after Taylor Hawkins the drummer. Dave gave him a shout out again in Dublin last night and he's been put in direct contact with the band. Don't think first live music experiences get much better.

Ended up with a free ticket to Foo Fighters Dublin show last night so went along. The Foos were good but the crowd was absolutely w**k. Frank Carter got absolutely nothing from him, which was actually mildly amusing watching him trying to be Frank Carter to a crowd that was not having it. Is that common for Dublin crowds or just an off night?

Next up for me is the Friday at Leeds Festival tomorrow, The 1975 at Bellahouston on Sunday and then Basement in Edinburgh on Tuesday.

5 hours ago, philpy said:

In Montrose for the madness gig. Some atmosphere

Went to princes street gardens to see them on Sunday, seen them in better form if I’m honest. Wings of a dove and driving in my car ffs but no cardiac arrest or grey day, still a good turn though 

8 hours ago, philpy said:

Madness were ace tonight. The farm were pretty good as well. Got set lists from both bands as well.IMG_20190824_212018.jpgIMG_20190824_221120.jpgIMG_20190824_202637.jpg

I've been doing a wee bit of event stuff on the side this year, stage set up, crew work etc.  Rolled up friday get told I'm on the spotlight that night, never touched one in my life!  Up the tower with a 25 grand torch, instructions were to follow Suggs!

It was utterly surreal following, or trying to, him as he sang shit that id grown up hearing! So hard not to nod and move and look at the crowd as they were all bouncing!!

Its something I'm not going to forget!!

Guest Moomintroll
Wee note to The Farm who were decent. 
Pete Hooton is a top lad, love The Farm, way better than Andys next attempt at managing a band.

Would really appreciate any footage of Madness Inverness.

Anything with suggs, preferably in the spot light.  Scam filmed a wee bit for personal improvement, poor as f**k, in, out, bright, dull, lost.

You fucking think these concerts, Kaisers,  N Gallagher, Bella,, procksimers, and my total fucking favourite Be Charlotte,  and Your man Capaldi, its all like behind the curtain wizard of oz type shit, held together with zip ties and duct tape and fucking illuminated by a total fucking shit muncher like me!

Victorious festival on Saturday was really good, probably one of the best organised festivals I have attended. Managed to see the Twang, Rifles, Ocean Colour Scene (Simon Fowler was absolutely battered, but still put on hell of a performance) and then The Hives to finish it off, who were excellent as they kept having a go at folk who voted for Brexit. A lot of Gammons there losing the plot. 

I was unable to get myself a standing ticket for Slipknot this morning, so have pied that completely. I have, however, just booked a ticket for Twilight Sad at the Usher Hall in November. They were fucking brilliant supporting The Cure a few weeks ago, so really looking forward to this.

Edit: Should be a fun few weeks from there, as I am away to see Shed Seven the night before that, then We Were Promised Jetpacks the week after and Gerry Cinnamon a fortnight after that.

Edited by Lordofthewing